• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the meeting is the tip though dash. There are other issues at hand. If kadri was on mid 90s leafs woth some of those players his ego is In check and he just plays his game. Being on this shit team with the attention he gets that he shouldn't in that spotlight I'm thinking it can really go to his head. He's basically considered one othe more skilled top players isn't he?

What a mess

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any rumours out here for how kadri is acting? Is this evander Kane like issues?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheriff Shanny must have left his Wheel O' Justice behind when he joined the Leafs Matty, being 20 minutes late for a meeting gets a heftier suspension than a knee-on-knee hit.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All part of the Leafs attempt to tank.

Got one centre who can actually create on his own? Ban him at the first excuse. It's a fucking joke.

I really hope none of the teams that are blatantly tanking this year (Toronto, Edmonton, Buffalo or Arizona being the worst culprits) win the lottery. This season has been a disgrace across the league when it comes to honest competition.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All part of the Leafs attempt to tank.

Got one centre who can actually create on his own? Ban him at the first excuse. It's a fucking joke.

I really hope none of the teams that are blatantly tanking this year (Toronto, Edmonton, Buffalo or Arizona being the worst culprits) win the lottery. This season has been a disgrace across the league when it comes to honest competition.
The Leafs didn't set out to tank, and I doubt the players on the team are making a concerted effort to be the worst team in the league. Did trading Franson, Santorelli and Winnik create such a huge hole that can't be filled? Why are all their leading scorers still on the roster? Dumb.

As for Kadri, I don't know what management seems to know, but I really don't care and really don't see this as a big deal.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Kadri story illustrates wby the Leafs continue to struggle. Players under intense scutiny 24/7 and it must feel like there's no escape. Don't get me wrong, there needs to be consequences for Kadri being late for a team meeting, but it shouldn't have blown up like this.
We really don't know what else they could be referring to. They could know things we don't. He could be out partying every night. He could be missing dates with the trainers. Who knows. Boston traded their best player for no reason other than "behaviour". I'm glad it hasn't gone that far, but this isn't unprecedented and to pass judgement on the team for this is jumping to conclusions.

I mean, it could also be something retarded and the Leafs are being idiots. Wouldn't be the first time.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right BBB, we don't know the whole story and likely never will. My comment was more focusing on the intense Toronto media and how they're so relentless on getting any kind of dirt on Leafs players.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right BBB, we don't know the whole story and likely never will. My comment was more focusing on the intense Toronto media and how they're so relentless on getting any kind of dirt on Leafs players.
Oh without a doubt, but Leaf players sure seem to enjoy giving them as many reasons as possible to write pages on what's going on in the room.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really don't know what else they could be referring to. They could know things we don't. He could be out partying every night. He could be missing dates with the trainers. Who knows. Boston traded their best player for no reason other than "behaviour". I'm glad it hasn't gone that far, but this isn't unprecedented and to pass judgement on the team for this is jumping to conclusions.

I mean, it could also be something retarded and the Leafs are being idiots. Wouldn't be the first time.

You don't think it would be weird for that to be happening consistently and no one in the media here to have any idea about it?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think it would be weird for that to be happening consistently and no one in the media here to have any idea about it?
I don't know. Evander Kane was apparently despised in the room for years and nobody found Out about that until it came time to trade him. There have been Kadri rumours on the street for years here, maybe the media just couldn't get anything concrete and thus couldn't publish.

This isn't a very common thing to do, so there must be something they've been watching that they didn't like and Sunday was the final straw.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. Evander Kane was apparently despised in the room for years and nobody found Out about that until it came time to trade him. There have been Kadri rumours on the street for years here, maybe the media just couldn't get anything concrete and thus couldn't publish.

This isn't a very common thing to do, so there must be something they've been watching that they didn't like and Sunday was the final straw.

This is Toronto sports media we're talking about though, not Winnipeg. You don't think if there was even a sniff of an ongoing constant problem that someone would have at least mentioned it at some point, or at least have some understanding of what was being hinted at today?

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Another difference between the two situations I think is that there isn't even really a ton of overlap between the "things that might make people on your team dislike you" set and the "things that will get you disciplined/suspended" set.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is Toronto sports media we're talking about though, not Winnipeg. You don't think if there was even a sniff of an ongoing constant problem that someone would have at least mentioned it at some point, or at least have some understanding of what was being hinted at today?
Are you suggesting the Leafs are just flogging their best young player in public for no good reason? For what benefit? A cheaper RFA contract come summer? The team is going to be miles by the time everything is said and done so what benefit is there other than getting the player to hate management and count the days until his exit? Conspiracies like this make no sense.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another difference between the two situations I think is that there isn't even really a ton of overlap between the "things that might make people on your team dislike you" set and the "things that will get you disciplined/suspended" set.
Listening to Ferraro and that moronic 40 year old former player who insists he be called O-Dog the other day, they both said players were late to meets all the time and usually were just fined and word never got out and that player wouldn't be late again for a long time. Unless the staff are insane and trigger-happy, this means this likely wasn't Kadri's first time doing this and he had done it enough times for the President of the team to realize something needed to be done.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to Ferraro and that moronic 40 year old former player who insists he be called O-Dog the other day, they both said players were late to meets all the time and usually were just fined and word never got out and that player wouldn't be late again for a long time. Unless the staff are insane and trigger-happy, this means this likely wasn't Kadri's first time doing this and he had done it enough times for the President of the team to realize something needed to be done.

It has to be a lot more than just being late for meetings, no?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has to be a lot more than just being late for meetings, no?
Not if it's consistent. In the real world, if you're late 10 times you're probably going to be disciplined, maybe even terminated. That's not an option here so what else would they do? Scratch him for a few and hope he gets the fucking message.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if it's consistent. In the real world, if you're late 10 times you're probably going to be disciplined, maybe even terminated. That's not an option here so what else would they do? Scratch him for a few and hope he gets the fucking message.

Fair enough. I would hope it wasnt a regular occurrence, because it reminds me of the "Country Club" days with the Muskoka 5. Sigh.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would say that the fact that Kadri specifically said to the media "I've only been late the one time" quashes the theory that the "history" is referring to lateness.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If this wasn't Kadri's first time doing this i seriously doubt he would have specifically told media members that it was the only time he's been late.