• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Gary Leeman, it wasn't even that good of a joke.

CShanahanBShanahan_031108.jpg

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"He's still available to play....IF I want him"

Lol

I know BBB still likes the guy, but if I am TOR management, I would let someone else take on his maturity issues and I would send him packing in the offseason.

Somewhere in the last couple of weeks, someone in the media speculated Kadri could be a fture C for Toronto. That would be a disaster.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know BBB still likes the guy, but if I am TOR management, I would let someone else take on his maturity issues and I would send him packing in the offseason.

Somewhere in the last couple of weeks, someone in the media speculated Kadri could be a fture C for Toronto. That would be a disaster.
That media person should be fired.

If you dump Kadri, you have no centre prospects projecting into the top six to even plug in there save for whoever they draft this June. You'd also be selling low, and while that doesn't matter for a guy like Bozak who they just need to move on from period it's a huge loss for a guy who can still develop into a 60-70 pt scorer.

Barring them drafting one of the better centres and that player being able to jump straight into the NHL (and I think only McDavid really falls into that category, maybe Strome) the Leafs' top two C's should be Kadri and Holland next season. See what you have, evaluate how they work with whoever's left on the team and then make a decision on how you want to move forward.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I'd obviously prefer that every one of the players on the team never miss a meeting, I don't think this is a big deal at all. Of course we all know it will be written about for the next week as though "OMG this is why the Leafs are losing!"

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I'd obviously prefer that every one of the players on the team never miss a meeting, I don't think this is a big deal at all. Of course we all know it will be written about for the next week as though "OMG this is why the Leafs are losing!"
It is a big deal. The example needs to be set that shit like this won't be tolerated regardless of how things have gone. It's just another example of these knuckleheads bringing attention upon themselves in the dumbest ways possible. It's easy to forget that despite his youth Kadri is the longest-tenured skater in the organization. I don't know the inner workings of the room but to some degree he's probably looked upon by both staff and players as someone the youngsters both current and future should be taking advice from and looking up to.

Horachek even mentioned some tidbit about Kadri's past as something he brought up with him, which I'm not going to speculate on but there are stories out there. BG's not wrong in that his maturity level is lower than it should be for a guy who's been in the league for 5 years now. Maybe this wakes him the fuck up. FWIW, he handled the media well this morning.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a big deal. The example needs to be set that shit like this won't be tolerated regardless of how things have gone. It's just another example of these knuckleheads bringing attention upon themselves in the dumbest ways possible. It's easy to forget that despite his youth Kadri is the longest-tenured skater in the organization. I don't know the inner workings of the room but to some degree he's probably looked upon by both staff and players as someone the youngsters both current and future should be taking advice from and looking up to.

Horachek even mentioned some tidbit about Kadri's past as something he brought up with him, which I'm not going to speculate on but there are stories out there. BG's not wrong in that his maturity level is lower than it should be for a guy who's been in the league for 5 years now. Maybe this wakes him the fuck up. FWIW, he handled the media well this morning.

Saying it's not that big a deal is not the same thing as saying "it's something that should have no consequences" .

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you honestly think that a player (presumably accidentally... really we don't even know what happened or what the reason for the missed practice was because Horachek won't say) missing a practice is a big part of why this team hasn't won/isn't winning games? Or is somehow reflective of something else (that apparently transfers across the roster) that is a big part of why this team isn't winning?

I know it's not a popular sentiment among the media members because it might require them to do some actual analysis of the game and it might require Rosie to write about something other than how people "feel", but I think the vast majority of the Leafs' problems are things that happen on the ice between the whistles, and can only be righted on the ice between the whistles.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you honestly think that a player (presumably accidentally... really we don't even know what happened or what the reason for the missed practice was because Horachek won't say) missing a practice is a big part of why this team hasn't won/isn't winning games? Or is somehow reflective of something else (that apparently transfers across the roster) that is a big part of why this team isn't winning?

I know it's not a popular sentiment among the media members because it might require them to do some actual analysis of the game and it might require Rosie to write about something other than how people "feel", but I think the vast majority of the Leafs' problems are things that happen on the ice between the whistles, and can only be righted on the ice between the whistles.
Um...you sure got a lot out of "an example needs to be set". Literally has nothing to do with anything about the team's play this season and I didn't make it out as if it were, just that guys on this team, whether they're long for it or not, need to know that there are rules and breaking the rules will be punished. I see that as a big deal.

I was listening to TSN radio and heard Ferraro and the former Calgary backup goalie talking about how usually such incidents resulted in fines, which is what Horachek may be referring to in regards to Kadri's "past" - that this wasn't his first time being late and he had been fined previously.