• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm tired of the money he collects to be a mediocre defenceman. If he was making half of what he is, nobody would be saying shit, Phil.

Of course, I blame Nonis & Co. for that, too, and that's where Phil is right - He didn't build this team.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joffrey, nobody would've wanted to hear from any of you for the rest of the year if Philip had kept his mouth shut.

Seriously, nobody will be paying attention to the Leafs again until the lottery, but you guys go and bring this shitstorm on yourselves. Then you say the media is awful blah blah. Just disappear already, you guys don't even know how to lay low the right way.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I don't hear him speak enough, so I could be reading it wrong, but this sounds painfully forced to me. It sounds like he using a template for what he thinks should be said in this situation. It does not strike me as being genuine.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I don't hear him speak enough, so I could be reading it wrong, but this sounds painfully forced to me. It sounds like he using a template for what he thinks should be said in this situation. It does not strike me as being genuine.

I think Phil is just being careful because he got burned earlier this year when he told the media he only skated about 9 or 10 times during the off-season. It was pretty dumb to say that to the media in the first place, I mean you can get away with that type of stuff in Raleigh, but not in Toronto. Add to that the fact that he didn't show up to training camp in the best of shape (called out by ass't coach Steve Spott) and it's just continued to snowball from there.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best comment on Deadspin's post about this:

"is that a pro hockey player or a tow truck driver? Jesus..."

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The following is a statement by Peter A. Gall, Q.C. of Gall Legge Grant & Munroe LLP on behalf of their clients Dion Phaneuf, his wife Elisha Cuthbert and Joffrey Lupul.

"On behalf of our clients Dion Phaneuf, his wife Elisha Cuthbert and Joffrey Lupul, we have sent a letter to TSN demanding that TSN issue a formal apology and pay a significant amount of damages to each of our clients for broadcasting a false and defamatory tweet during their trade deadline show yesterday. We are sending a similar letter to the author of the tweet, Mr. Anthony Adragna.

"It is bad enough that there are people who spend their time using social media to publish such false and malicious stories, but it is made much worse when a reputable media outlet like TSN gives broad circulation and credibility to these false stories by republishing them as TSN did.

"If TSN and Mr. Adragna do not immediately comply with the demands set out in our letters, we have instructions from our clients to immediately commence a lawsuit against them.

7791bd20-c103-11e4-adb7-a1c97d6db9cf_B_Gdnj4VAAAcxmj.jpg

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, the TSN PR dept. already apologized for the tweet being aired:

TSN PR @TSN_PR · Mar 2
Earlier today, an inappropriate and disrespectful tweet was erroneously aired. As soon as it was flagged, we immediately removed it. (1/3)

We’ve reached out to the Toronto Maple Leafs organization and all those impacted to extend our sincerest apologies for our error. (2/3)

It should have never, ever gone to air. (3/3)

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do hope they go after Mr. Anthony Adragna. Whether TSN put the tweet on air or not, it is a sad commentary on our society in 2015 that far too many people think it perfectly acceptable to make these kinds of statements.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do hope they go after Mr. Anthony Adragna. Whether TSN put the tweet on air or not, it is a sad commentary on our society in 2015 that far too many people think it perfectly acceptable to make these kinds of statements.

I'm pretty sure somebody at TSN will be getting his walking papers and Mr. Adragna will likely be a little lighter in the wallet. People need to start realizing that there can be consequences for your actions on-line.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B_JUscFUoAIUFa2.jpg:large

That's true, but you do have control over what you decide to tweet and once you hit the "Send" button, you should realize that your tweet can be used by any entity for whatever purpose they choose. That's why I always instruct people when they have an issue with a co-worker to talk to that person face-to-face rather than writing an e-mail or some other kind of document that once you send it can be used by any party for their own means (and it usually comes back to bite the original author in the butt).

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B_JUscFUoAIUFa2.jpg:large

That's true, but you do have control over what you decide to tweet and once you hit the "Send" button, you should realize that your tweet can be used by any entity for whatever purpose they choose. That's why I always instruct people when they have an issue with a co-worker to talk to that person face-to-face rather than writing an e-mail or some other kind of document that once you send it can be used by any party for their own means (and it usually comes back to bite the original author in the butt).

Is he suggesting that no one would have been able to read his tweet if it wasn't for TSN?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he suggesting that no one would have been able to read his tweet if it wasn't for TSN?

Nah, I think he's just trying to say it was supposed to be an inside joke amongst a small group of friends. Hey Tony, that kind of joke is best said at the bar with a group of friends. As mentioned earlier, once you release it, you've lost control over where it will go.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Gary Leeman, it wasn't even that good of a joke.