• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I post this without comment

Wilson_vs_Carlyle.0.png

Geez, that looks like the TSX index over the last week.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've gotta say, it always cracks me up when a team does poorly and its best players are blamed. And it happens all the time. Yeah, the point per game player, he's the big problem here.

My issue's never been with Kessel. My issue was always that he wasn't brought here with a plan in place to get the best out of him and cover his weaknesses. Six years later and there still isn't a plan.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who needs the message more - Robidas or Gardiner?

Last season, sitting Gardiner made no sense. This season, playing him isn't making much sense. He's been awful.

I don't care about sending messages, I care about what's best for the team.

Besides, do you really think that sitting Gardiner in the press box to watch Robidas and see what he needs to be doing to dress was a big teaching moment anyway?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say that the numbers supported that position though. I think I've already made it clear that i dont think the 2014-15 numbers are going to tell us much since the 3 of them have played together so much. You seemed to be making the case that they can tell us something. So I'm asking you what the numbers are and what the case is.

The case is he's at the top of the list. Your case that he's the best defender of the three is where I'm seeking backup. I frankly don't care about the numbers, much like I don't care about anything the Leafs are doing right now because they're on a one way road to shitsville. But since you've "said it before and you'll say it again", where's the proof? Because watching Kessel play, even some of his biggest supporters would admit he's useless defensively.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My issue's never been with Kessel. My issue was always that he wasn't brought here with a plan in place to get the best out of him and cover his weaknesses. Six years later and there still isn't a plan.

You're not wrong about that.

As I've said before, Ryan O'Reilly would be a great fit with him. Probably never gonna happen though.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care about sending messages, I care about what's best for the team.

Besides, do you really think that sitting Gardiner in the press box to watch Robidas and see what he needs to be doing to dress was a big teaching moment anyway?

I think being told he's making star d-man money and playing like an AHLer is worth the message. Anyway, he's played 3 fewer games than everyone else and he's 4th amongst d-men in TOI. This argument is as moot as it gets. Blame the team, system, Carlyle, Carlton the Bear...at what point does Gardiner deserve blame for his poor play?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not wrong about that.

As I've said before, Ryan O'Reilly would be a great fit with him. Probably never gonna happen though.

That would make too much sense. It made too much sense two years ago, too.

Not for nothing but Tyler Bozak has strong ties with the Denver area IIRC. Just sayin...

Last edited by a moderator:

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The case is he's at the top of the list. Your case that he's the best defender of the three is where I'm seeking backup. I frankly don't care about the numbers, much like I don't care about anything the Leafs are doing right now because they're on a one way road to shitsville. But since you've "said it before and you'll say it again", where's the proof? Because watching Kessel play, even some of his biggest supporters would admit he's useless defensively.

As i already asked, what are the actual numbers that were used for the list? Are there 2 shots separating Kessel from 5th place, or 22 shots? It makes a pretty big difference if you want to use that list to draw firm conclusions.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As i already asked, what are the actual numbers that were used for the list? Are there 2 shots separating Kessel from 5th place, or 22 shots? It makes a pretty big difference if you want to use that list to draw firm conclusions.

Fuck it I'm just gonna ask Mirtle when I get to a computer.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think being told he's making star d-man money and playing like an AHLer is worth the message. Anyway, he's played 3 fewer games than everyone else and he's 4th amongst d-men in TOI. This argument is as moot as it gets. Blame the team, system, Carlyle, Carlton the Bear...at what point does Gardiner deserve blame for his poor play?

The longer Randy's had him, the worse he's gotten. And Randy (and the rest of the coaching staff) have been pretty clear that they've been working with and talking to him, both last year and this year. And the more they instruct him, the worse he seems to get.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The longer Randy's had him, the worse he's gotten. And Randy (and the rest of the coaching staff) have been pretty clear that they've been working with and talking to him, both last year and this year. And the more they instruct him, the worse he seems to get.

Jake Gardiner wouldn't be the first defenceman to peak early and flame out. I'm not even disagreeing with you, but I refuse to not place at least some of the blame at his feet.

One could make an argument that Kadri has received similar treatment from coaches and i don't think he's regressed all that much. His 5-on-5 play is much improved from a couple years ago.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other hand, the montage Sportsnet just showed during the intermission of Kessel's first period was just hilarious. If anyone's unlazy enough to find it, it's worth ten watches.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one circles the wagons like the mainstream media. An attack on one is an attack on all.

Also probably not a coincidence that Milbury is also a member of another group that tends to stick together and probably feels that one of their own has been wronged right now... ex-coaches