• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHY DO FUCKING JOURNALISTS KEEP SEEKING OUT RON WILSON'S OPINION?! I wouldn't put stock into his opinion on paper clips, let alone hockey. So dumb.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there's data showing that Kessel leads the league in shots against. So there's that?

Sure. And there's data showing that his 2 linemates are right there with him. I'm talking about something that puts blame specifically on Kessel.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Phil was asked to switch wings and he said "No thanks" - I didn't know players had that kind of pull, usually the coach says you're switching wings and the player says ok.

Seriously though Phil probably just needs a coach that he respects. The Leafs have been thinking outside the box a little bit lately so I think they may go the unconventional route when looking for new leadership. Apparently this guy is available.

Rob-Ford-Blue.jpg

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Reimer is Kramer from Seinfeld, protesting Randy Carlyle as coach, holding a Carlyle plush toy with a bucket on it's head, giving out flyers and telling everyone "Randy Blows! Pass it to a friend!"

And then a deranged Leafs fan named Betty comes along and asks Reimer, "Shouldn't YOU be wearing the bucket?" and Reimer says, "Ye move along Betty"

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. And there's data showing that his 2 linemates are right there with him. I'm talking about something that puts blame specifically on Kessel.

He's faced more shots?

We all know the top line is awful. They either pot a shit ton of goals or you don't even notice them on the ice because they don't have the puck. We also all know that of the 3, Kessel is the best hockey player, regardless of how many shots each has faced or how many points each puts up when separated from the other.

Your assertion is that Phil Kessel is better at defence than the other two, and hey maybe you're right, but the point of playing defence, far as I know, is to limit shots and it would appear Phil Kessel sees more shots on his own goal than anybody else in the National Hockey League. I can believe that, because Phil Kessel is one of, if not the most one-dimensional hockey players in the league. That one-dimension he has happens to be pretty good, but alas that is what he is. Thus, when you say, for example, that JVR is a worse two-way forward than Kessel, I say prove it because by both the numbers and by watching them play, Kessel appears to rate much lower as a two-way player than JVR. At the very least, JVR makes somewhat of an effort.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Reimer is Kramer from Seinfeld, protesting Randy Carlyle as coach, holding a Carlyle plush toy with a bucket on it's head, giving out flyers and telling everyone "Randy Blows! Pass it to a friend!"

And then a deranged Leafs fan named Betty comes along and asks Reimer, "Shouldn't YOU be wearing the bucket?" and Reimer says, "Ye move along Betty"

LOL.

Nonis is Newman: Hey Reimer, quick, step into my office.

Reimer (as Kramer); Oh no!! That's exactly how you said it was going down!!

Nonis: There's another way it was going to go down and it's going down now!!

Reimer (as down the hall Torts is seen walking purposefully towards Reimer): You said a GM that I know and YOU ARE a GM I know!!!

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Phil was asked to switch wings and he said "No thanks" - I didn't know players had that kind of pull, usually the coach says you're switching wings and the player says ok.

I mean, okay. But why ask him to switch wings to begin with? It was like with Ovechkin, what was the fucking point?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

Nonis is Newman: Hey Reimer, quick, step into my office.

Reimer (as Kramer); Oh no!! That's exactly how you said it was going down!!

Nonis: There's another way it was going to go down and it's going down now!!

Reimer (as down the hall Torts is seen walking purposefully towards Reimer): You said a GM that I know and YOU ARE a GM I know!!!

And then Torts and his crew smuggle Reimer, brings him into the office and Shanny is there and said, "You want to be a member of the Leafs, right?" And then Reimer starts bawling and then finally Kyle Dubas and other employees come in and say they have an incident outside of ACC where Ron Wilson just started an explosion outside the arena and that's when Shanny lets Reimer off the hook and Reimer acts happy again and when he sees Nonis coming in with the bucket over his head, Nonis starts weeping and Shanny just looks at him stone faced and lifts up the bucket

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, okay. But why ask him to switch wings to begin with? It was like with Ovechkin, what was the fucking point?

Yeah, I agree that it is not a good idea in the first place. I just think you should be willing to try it for a few games to confirm that it's likely not going to work (and likely make things worse).

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bad is Engelland that you'd want Jake Tardiner instead?

He's so bad that Rafael Diaz looks like Ian Turnbull in comparison. I like Jake's game, I think he's been a scapegoat in Toronto.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ANy team with Kessel and Dion as your 2 highest paid players will never be good enough

Nonis should be the one fired

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tortorella in Toronto would be the greatest disaster in modern history

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto could be Melrose Place.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's faced more shots?

We all know the top line is awful. They either pot a shit ton of goals or you don't even notice them on the ice because they don't have the puck. We also all know that of the 3, Kessel is the best hockey player, regardless of how many shots each has faced or how many points each puts up when separated from the other.

Your assertion is that Phil Kessel is better at defence than the other two, and hey maybe you're right, but the point of playing defence, far as I know, is to limit shots and it would appear Phil Kessel sees more shots on his own goal than anybody else in the National Hockey League. I can believe that, because Phil Kessel is one of, if not the most one-dimensional hockey players in the league. That one-dimension he has happens to be pretty good, but alas that is what he is. Thus, when you say, for example, that JVR is a worse two-way forward than Kessel, I say prove it because by both the numbers and by watching them play, Kessel appears to rate much lower as a two-way player than JVR. At the very least, JVR makes somewhat of an effort.

You've seen JVR put effort into defensive play? When? If I'd ever seen that I've have marked the date and time, maybe even taken a screen shot of it. It's like a unicorn that walks on its hind legs.

"He's faced more shots"

How many more? Over how large an ice time sample? What are the actual numbers you're (seemingly) relying on here?

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's so bad that Rafael Diaz looks like Ian Turnbull in comparison. I like Jake's game, I think he's been a scapegoat in Toronto.

They've ruined Jake. I don't know if he can be saved, but I'd bet he can be.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he's had more excuses made for him than anybody who's come through this town in quite some time. Scapegoats aren't rewarded with $4 million+/yr contracts. He's just been bad this year, Randy or no Randy.