• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry guys, the Leafs' problem has been diagnosed by my 81 year old father... Tyson Barrie can't fucking skate! Do you know the underlying reason why he can't skate? He's out of shape! Of course! :noidea:
Fat shit get him on a god damn Mikhayev soup diet!

Wonder if this is the start of the deathwatch for Babcock. MLSE cannot be happy with 3 straight losses at home to start the season. Kappy looks completely lost out there and there are no adjustments.

The Talking Heads out there are playing up Dermott and Hyman like they are all-star players and everything will be fine once they get back. You can't make this shit up. I was as pumped as anyone when the Leafs got Babs but I'm really starting to think he doesn't know how to run THIS kind of a roster. I will admit I have no idea who's out there that might be better.
I want to contest this but I honestly can't figure out what exactly he was doing with his bench last night.

By the same token, Andy had a bad game, TB was obviously happy to get Point back, and every forward and d-man played just about the worst defensive game of their careers. I'm not worried yet, just think a few people need to wake up.

Last edited:

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if this is the start of the deathwatch for Babcock. MLSE cannot be happy with 3 straight losses at home to start the season. Kappy looks completely lost out there and there are no adjustments.

The Talking Heads out there are playing up Dermott and Hyman like they are all-star players and everything will be fine once they get back. You can't make this shit up. I was as pumped as anyone when the Leafs got Babs but I'm really starting to think he doesn't know how to run THIS kind of a roster. I will admit I have no idea who's out there that might be better.

I hope the braintrust at MLSE do not make any changes mid-year. I think it is fair to view 2019-2020 ad a watershed year for Babcock. But dont those talking heads also go on about "its the playoffs, stupid"? If so, Babcock should be measured on their playoff success this season, not the regular season.

If they dont make the playoffs, naturally Babs is history.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's Bright Side offering. At least AM34 does not crawl through doggy doors

San Diego Padres' Jacob Nix arrested, shocked with Taser after allegedly entering house through doggy door

Right? Right??

/Phoenix is a weird place
The whole SW is just an abomination.

EnrWs9g.png

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cody Ceci is doing the Lord's work :D

So yeah, looks like things are going well. LOL.

I have no idea why the Leafs signed him after that trade was made.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Could have had TJ Brodie, but that damn Kadri nixed the trade to the Flames.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could have had TJ Brodie, but that damn Kadri nixed the trade to the Flames.

That would have actually been a great trade for both teams. Although Kadri and Tkachuk on the same team could have been either really good or a total shit show.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They didn't have a choice - the Sens made the QO, he would've just accepted that.

Now, have I ever understood why they signed him for a quarter million more than the QO? No, I have not.

/Hot taek: Rielly's been worse defensively than Ceci. Not that Ceci's been good but Rielly's getting exposed badly compared to how he did with Hainsey last year, who was also not good but not this bad.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't have a choice - the Sens made the QO, he would've just accepted that.

Now, have I ever understood why they signed him for a quarter million more than the QO? No, I have not.

/Hot taek: Rielly's been worse defensively than Ceci. Not that Ceci's been good but Rielly's getting exposed badly compared to how he did with Hainsey last year, who was also not good but not this bad.

And ya see, that's weird because Hainsey has looked god awful, IMO, with the Sens so far. Erik Brannstrom has been the only reason he hasn't been lit up more. That kid has looked surprisingly excellent ion his own end (for the most part).

But yeah, if Rielly plays like crap the Leafs could be in for a very long season.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And ya see, that's weird because Hainsey has looked god awful, IMO, with the Sens so far. Erik Brannstrom has been the only reason he hasn't been lit up more. That kid has looked surprisingly excellent ion his own end (for the most part).

But yeah, if Rielly plays like crap the Leafs could be in for a very long season.
Oh he's bad. He's very bad.

I should mention that Rielly's pairing is almost exclusively used with the JT/Marner line and last year that line w/Hyman was very good and this year without Hyman has not been as good (not that that should be an excuse because those two make $94 million/yr, I think). Minimized their d-zone responsibilities.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh he's bad. He's very bad.

I should mention that Rielly's pairing is almost exclusively used with the JT/Marner line and last year that line w/Hyman was very good and this year without Hyman has not been as good (not that that should be an excuse because those two make $94 million/yr, I think). Minimized their d-zone responsibilities.

I'm not "making excuses" for JT but he does have a newborn (and it's his first). He might just need a little time to get used to things.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seven first period goals last night...is it time to break out the "juiced pucks" conspiracy theories?

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the d is approaching Oilers dumpster fire levels but is any of this attributable to Freddy not being as sharp either?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not "making excuses" for JT but he does have a newborn (and it's his first). He might just need a little time to get used to things.
While valid, I know a much lesser former Leaf who has full-time help around for his kids. Doubt a guy with JT's bank roll is sleeping in the same area code as the future Leafs captain.

I know the d is approaching Oilers dumpster fire levels but is any of this attributable to Freddy not being as sharp either?
Yeah he ain't been great, but the MTL meltdown didn't happen with him in goal either and I'd say only one goal against STL was his fault.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While valid, I know a much lesser former Leaf who has full-time help around for his kids. Doubt a guy with JT's bank roll is sleeping in the same area code as the future Leafs captain.

I'm mostly thinking of Gardiner being a little bit shitty and beat up for a while at the start of last season and then seemingly getting it sorted out.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read in a Gazette column that Jim Hughson is disgustingly pro-Leaf and I wanted to ask, how many arms and eyes and whatnot do you guys have? Who won the Super Bowl last year? I'm still living in the same dimension, right?