• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Connor is good. Doughty is bad.

MacDavid just abused Drew.

I'll say it now. Doughty will be the worst contract in the league within 3 years.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Connor is good. Doughty is bad.

MacDavid just abused Drew.

I'll say it now. Doughty will be the worst contract in the league within 3 years.

giphy.gif

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA traffic, Thanksgiving:

Toronto, Thanksgiving:

Cackled when I saw this message yesterday. This city truly hates people who want to like it.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be honest, I don't think I've noticed John Tavares on the ice since he skated out with the C.

They played good last night but not good enough and this $120 million team needs to be good enough. As much as I appreciate Hyman much more than I used to his absence isn't an excuse for blowing two home games in a row.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBH, they were one goalpost (AM34) and one leaky goal away from a dominating win against the Cup champs who are in midseason form and starting a young goalie making his first start in his hometown.

The Montreal game though, ugh.

And yes, that line needs Hyman.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't see it Thursday or Saturday but if things stay like this maybe move Moore up?

I dunno. Kapanen belongs on his right side and I fear playing him on the left as a stopgap is fucking with his development.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBH, they were one goalpost (AM34) and one leaky goal away from a dominating win against the Cup champs who are in midseason form and starting a young goalie making his first start in his hometown.

The Montreal game though, ugh.

If Tavares and Marner really can't be productive without Hyman (they can) why are they making/why'd we give them $11 million bucks? That's "I can make that plugger on my line score goals" money, not "I need that plugger on my line to score goals" money :wink:

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tavares and Marner really can't be productive without Hyman (they can) why are they making/why'd we give them $11 million bucks? That's "I can make that plugger on my line score goals" money, not "I need that plugger on my line to score goals" money :wink:

Fair enough. After 4 games though, I think (as they always do) many fans are overreacting (not you). I think the bigger issue is that Kapanen is being asked to play a role he is totally unfamiliar with, and it is "holding back" the other two on his line.

Tangentially related, all three of the $11M Men are open for a kilo of criticism if this team is not successful this year. And so will the GM that signed them.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. After 4 games though, I think (as they always do) many fans are overreacting (not you). I think the bigger issue is that Kapanen is being asked to play a role he is totally unfamiliar with, and it is "holding back" the other two on his line.

Tangentially related, all three of the $11M Men are open for a kilo of criticism if this team is not successful this year. And so will the GM that signed them.

I'm going to wait and see what happens before I decide that bad results are going to be all the best players' fault rather than the worst. I know that's kinda crazy and it's not the Toronto way, I mean we all remember how having Phil Kessel on the team was obviously holding back winning hockey players like Jay McClement and Mark Fraser :wink:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding guys the Leafs will trade in the future for magic beans, Nick Robertson is having a nice start to the season. Leading the O in goals and 2nd in overall points behind that monster Quinton Byfield.

SDA is 4th in points too. Maybe some hope for him after all.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if this is the start of the deathwatch for Babcock. MLSE cannot be happy with 3 straight losses at home to start the season. Kappy looks completely lost out there and there are no adjustments.

The Talking Heads out there are playing up Dermott and Hyman like they are all-star players and everything will be fine once they get back. You can't make this shit up. I was as pumped as anyone when the Leafs got Babs but I'm really starting to think he doesn't know how to run THIS kind of a roster. I will admit I have no idea who's out there that might be better.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry guys, the Leafs' problem has been diagnosed by my 81 year old father... Tyson Barrie can't fucking skate! Do you know the underlying reason why he can't skate? He's out of shape! Of course! :noidea:

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry guys, the Leafs' problem has been diagnosed by my 81 year old father... Tyson Barrie can't fucking skate! Do you know the underlying reason why he can't skate? He's out of shape! Of course! :noidea:

Really was expecting "Tyson Barrie isn't tough or physical enough".