• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really need a real backup. Sparks is trash.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's making league minimum and has a SV% of .912 (league average is apparently currently .904) after tonight. Hell, he just had a shutout last game. I'm not nuts about Sparks but I guess I just don't think it's worth worrying about.

If something crazy happens and Andersen has a season ending injury I suspect that we will see a trade for an expiring contract rather than full time Sparks anyway.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dudes a Calder Cup winner. Freddy hasn't won anything other than a Jennings. Sparks>> Freddy and frankly it's not even close. Hell, Freddy is so crap that he was drafted and the team that drafted him didn't even bother to sign him. Name me the last ginger to win a Cup.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name me the last ginger to win a Cup.

71214823_crop_650x440.jpg

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matthews had the shoulder tested last night as he hit the boards hard courtesy of being Kronwalled.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice car. Willy keeping it Swedish.

/Of course that was right in front of World Fine so maybe he was on his way to upgrade.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's making league minimum and has a SV% of .912 (league average is apparently currently .904) after tonight. Hell, he just had a shutout last game. I'm not nuts about Sparks but I guess I just don't think it's worth worrying about.

If something crazy happens and Andersen has a season ending injury I suspect that we will see a trade for an expiring contract rather than full time Sparks anyway.

Makes sense, I'm just bitter that we got rid of Mcbackup who isn't making much more and has a better SV%. I don't care if he's older.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Sparks last night it looked like his entire gameplan was just to stay on his knees all game and hope the puck hit him. He may as well have just gone prone in the net. Never have thought of a goalie as a pylon before last night.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense, I'm just bitter that we got rid of Mcbackup who isn't making much more and has a better SV%. I don't care if he's older.

I get it. But keep in mind that before the Detroit game Sparks had the better SV%. And of course that probably flips again if we go back before the shutout against Philly. Such is the role.

I guess to me it felt like as a veteran McElhinney would either play well and become too expensive to keep in a spot where we really need to go cheap, or play poorly and become too shitty to keep. Sparks has some potential long term value, either in a trade or as a cheap backup for a few years. And if he's bad enough at some point that you have to move on you just do that and churn through the spot. But if you lose him on waivers you're potentially losing multiple seasons of value whereas with McElhinney it's all year to year.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buds leaving Freddy hanging out to dry in Beantown.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This last 8 minutes in Boston is going to be nasty.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1 or 2 games. Didn't look bad when i saw it.

Late blow to the head though

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1 or 2 games. Didn't look bad when i saw it.

Late blow to the head though
It was up there but I'm not certain it was to the head.

Also, the DOPS explanation is...weird.

"force of the hit"? What the hell is that supposed to mean lol

I thought it was about as bad as any of the hits we saw last week from Reaves etc. None of those were suspensions but Hyman gets 2 in his first visit with the DOPS?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was up there but I'm not certain it was to the head.

Also, the DOPS explanation is...weird.

"force of the hit"? What the hell is that supposed to mean lol

I thought it was about as bad as any of the hits we saw last week from Reaves etc. None of those were suspensions but Hyman gets 2 in his first visit with the DOPS?

Honestly not surprised that Hyman got 2 games. Although they did not say it, I think McAvoy's injury history was a factor. Dont really have a problem with it, but think Wagner's retaliation on Rielly was equally egregious and should have got the same punishment.

I know I am a broken record and most do not agree, but the Leafs with the current roster aren't going anywhere in the playoffs. Still marshmallow soft and sorry Auston, citing your awesome power play as your comeback is worthless. Refs put their whistles away in the playoffs, so that PP isnt going to do any good. The game Saturday was a great example. BOS came out with a little snark and the Leafs disappeared. I am not advocating for the return of Matt Martin, but they need players who play heavier. When Hyman is your "predator" you got some issues.

Winnipeg is exactly what the Leafs need to be, Everyone on that team from Wheeler down has some grit to their game, including Laine. That is a team built for playoff success. The Leafs are not. I would love for the Leafs to get Big Buff. That is the type of player they need.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly not surprised that Hyman got 2 games. Although they did not say it, I think McAvoy's injury history was a factor. Dont really have a problem with it, but think Wagner's retaliation on Rielly was equally egregious and should have got the same punishment.

I know I am a broken record and most do not agree, but the Leafs with the current roster aren't going anywhere in the playoffs. Still marshmallow soft and sorry Auston, citing your awesome power play as your comeback is worthless. Refs put their whistles away in the playoffs, so that PP isnt going to do any good. The game Saturday was a great example. BOS came out with a little snark and the Leafs disappeared. I am not advocating for the return of Matt Martin, but they need players who play heavier. When Hyman is your "predator" you got some issues.

Winnipeg is exactly what the Leafs need to be, Everyone on that team from Wheeler down has some grit to their game, including Laine. That is a team built for playoff success. The Leafs are not. I would love for the Leafs to get Big Buff. That is the type of player they need.
Say I agree, where would you change someone out for someone "grittier"? Is there anyone in the top 9 right now who you'd be okay seeing swapped for a bigger and badder version who scores less?

If you're saying we need a guy on defence who can both defend and intimidate, a Buff or Hedman type, well, sure, I'd love one of those too but who the hell is trading one these days?

The Leafs are lacking a solid blue line. Fix that and the other problems don't matter all too much.