• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year it was Margaret Atwood bitching about a mid-rise condo being built in The Annex. This year, it's this:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Willy's got, max, two more games to shake this shit out and then I want to see a $7 million player. That was one horrifically ugly turnover.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Willy's got, max, two more games to shake this shit out and then I want to see a $7 million player. That was one horrifically ugly turnover.

You know what would be interesting? NHL teams to borrow a page out of the MLB playbook. In baseball, you get hurt or out of the lineup for as long as Willie was, you rehab/condition in the Minors. Would have liked to see him spend a week or two with the Marlies.

May be waiver issues though, not familiar with those rules.

Thought conditioning stints would not go through waivers though.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what would be interesting? NHL teams to borrow a page out of the MLB playbook. In baseball, you get hurt or out of the lineup for as long as Willie was, you rehab/condition in the Minors. Would have liked to see him spend a week or two with the Marlies.

May be waiver issues though, not familiar with those rules.

Thought conditioning stints would not go through waivers though.
Ray Ferraro and one of the guys on TSN Radio during the drive home got a little heated the other day because the host was pretty much saying it's time for Willy to play like he's paid and Ray called him a fanboy and said he needed "at least two weeks" which I can't really say I agree with but somewhere in the middle seems fair.

Anyway, the host said put him in the AHL on conditioning and Ray said the team might be concerned about some asshole running him just for the sake of it. So I guess it is an option but it's one teams may not be eager to use.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year it was Margaret Atwood bitching about a mid-rise condo being built in The Annex. This year, it's this:

Well... in Calgary it would be considered pure communism. And there would be major vitriol against Notley and Trudeau because the daycare is not proposed to be 100% fueled by raw bitumen.

So...people suck?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... in Calgary it would be considered pure communism. And there would be major vitriol against Notley and Trudeau because the daycare is not proposed to be 100% fueled by raw bitumen.

So...people suck?
People do suck. I'm moving back out to the suburbs next month and sad as it is to say, I'm more than ready to get out of here. I loved living in the city but whatever charm it once had it's been completely destroyed by awful planning and awful people.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People do suck. I'm moving back out to the suburbs next month and sad as it is to say, I'm more than ready to get out of here. I loved living in the city but whatever charm it once had it's been completely destroyed by awful planning and awful people.
I'm guessing where you're moving isn't on the parade route then?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Come on Kenny, bitumen is so 20th century, Alberta has a thriving cannabis industry, sure the kids' brains might be negatively impacted by all the smoke, but at least the tree huggers will be happy.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Kenny, bitumen is so 20th century, Alberta has a thriving cannabis industry, sure the kids' brains might be negatively impacted by all the smoke, but at least the tree huggers will be happy.

We're bringing back bitumen in an effort to:

1) Make Alberta Great Again
2) Overwhelm the dirty, long haired hippies foul plant smoke with smooth, sweet petrochemical flavor (no fucken u in flavor because I think it's the Frenchies that want that shit)

So yeah, no.. things are going really good here.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since things have been kinda shit lately, let's talk about how the Leafs' system is still kinda stacked with prospects.

Sandin is, apparently, good.

Of course, Liljegren hasn't been as good (see chart above) and now he's hurt and will miss the WJC and a chance to pump up his trade value which means if the Leafs get deep into any trade talks, guess who teams will be asking for.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Mitch Marner's dad seems like a normal, level-headed guy.

If people thought Bill's dad was an issue in his contract saga, holy shit are we in for a wild ride next summer with Paul Marner.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If people thought Bill's dad was an issue in his contract saga, holy shit are we in for a wild ride next summer with Paul Marner.

Mitch Marner's mom likes to floss in Florida :D

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The media/fan narrative will be exactly the same too I'm sure :wink:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media/fan narrative will be exactly the same too I'm sure :wink:
It may be worse - almost all of the bluster about Michael Nylander was total conjecture considering he never once spoke publicly about the negotiations. It was just an ex-GM or two making some bullshit arguments about how he was a "tough negotiator" during his career.

Marner's dad is out here complaining about his kid's rookie year ice time and how he's not in the convo for Leafs captain lol. He's already on blast on the cyber. If Marner's contract doesn't get done, the father just laid himself out to take the blame here.

/If Michael Nylander had said anything like the above, yeah, it would probably be worse.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may be worse - almost all of the bluster about Michael Nylander was total conjecture considering he never once spoke publicly about the negotiations. It was just an ex-GM or two making some bullshit arguments about how he was a "tough negotiator" during his career.

Marner's dad is out here complaining about his kid's rookie year ice time and how he's not in the convo for Leafs captain lol. He's already on blast on the cyber. If Marner's contract doesn't get done, the father just laid himself out to take the blame here.

/If Michael Nylander had said anything like the above, yeah, it would probably be worse.

Marner's dad has been doing this type of shit his entire life all the way up and I can't recall reading more than a passing word about it. I think the narrative is still likely to be some slightly less aggressive version of "Leafs should just pay him whatever, better than Nylander look at Kane blah blah" and Paul Marner won't fit the role of villain in that framing unless he does something way out of line.

In the fan base (hell, possibly in the media too) I think we are going to see a hell of a lot more people excusing/justifying Paul Marner's actions than we did pointing out that Michael Nylander hadn't even been heard from.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marner's dad has been doing this type of shit his entire life all the way up and I can't recall reading more than a passing word about it. I think the narrative is still likely to be some slightly less aggressive version of "Leafs should just pay him whatever, better than Nylander look at Kane blah blah" and Paul Marner won't fit the role of villain in that framing unless he does something way out of line.
We never heard anything about Willy's dad until the holdout dragged on either though. Maybe a bit in passing.

I think if Mitch gets anywhere near as dragged out as Willy did it'll get pretty noisy.