• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Mitch, just keep in mind during those contract negotiations that Chevy is willing to pay you a shit ton of money to star in their cute ads and drive their cars so long as you're playing somewhere that hockey matters.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JT is on pace to score 56 goals (current high in a season is 38)

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JT is on pace to score 56 goals (current high in a season is 38)
Yeah but he might have hurt some professional fee fees in the Isles room according to their coach who voluntarily left another team right after winning a Cup with them and never coached JT a day in his life:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that JT is, personally, having the best season of his life in the first season he left one of the most dysfunctional organizations in professional sports after 9 years should make it pretty fucking easy for his teammates or anyone else to figure out that him leaving had nothing at all to do with them personally and everything to do with the first part. And it's not like he went to SJ or Washington or any other team that was already "advanced" in their roster construction and had already contended, he joined his home town team. He went home. He wanted to be near his family, where he is comfortable, and where he could fucking rake endorsements and secure his future earning capability after his career (Leafs Alumni Association members make cake for life).

You can of course be upset that a guy leaves but when there are literally a dozen great reasons for him to do so you really can't go holding it against him and Barry Trotz' fat head is the last person who has any reason to be talking about this.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He went home. He wanted to be near his family, where he is comfortable, and where he could fucking rake endorsements and secure his future earning capability after his career (Leafs Alumni Association members make cake for life).

No kidding, I live vicariously through my best friend who is a high level Investment Advisor in Toronto. He makes cake and hangs in circles where for whatever reason Rick Vaive consistently surfaces in his circle. He even recognized me down in Sunrise a couple of years ago and signed my daughters jersey. Being a Leaf fan fave is a setup for life.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sure this is as much about getting AM going as much as it is 7 Milly Willy Nilly but Kapanen doesn’t deserve any decrease in ice time, period.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
32 shots on Hutchinson so far. There's still 3 minutes left in the 2nd.

The Leafs need blue line help in the worst possible way.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nice to see him healthy but that 44% Corsi and 48% GF% makes Ron Hainsey look good even if he dies 1/3 of the way through every game.

Plus the Canucks are in a playoff race so can't be trading guys as rentals ya know?

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Leafs (and Raps) are going through their tough stretch this season. Wouldn't surprise me if both teams rip off 8-2 (or better) starting soon. Those are really good teams. Every team has flaws.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Leafs (and Raps) are going through their tough stretch this season. Wouldn't surprise me if both teams rip off 8-2 (or better) starting soon. Those are really good teams. Every team has flaws.
Leafs can score 8 and give up 9.

Yeah, there are weak spots on the blue line and some guys they rely on (throws kiwi at Dermott) have been butt lately but there are teams with WAY less talent on D who don’t do this badly on shot suppression and that’s before even getting into how talented the top 9 forwards are.

It would be really nice if someone, anyone actually started to hold Babcock accountable for his utter inability to find a system that works to keep the puck away from their own crease.