• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting Parayko out of STL would make the Leafs both bigger and better. They could even throw someone like Edmunson in to get them a little bit of bottom pair hitting. And Parayko's a guy I wouldn't mind seeing Dubas bet the farm on.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say I agree, where would you change someone out for someone "grittier"? Is there anyone in the top 9 right now who you'd be okay seeing swapped for a bigger and badder version who scores less?

If you're saying we need a guy on defence who can both defend and intimidate, a Buff or Hedman type, well, sure, I'd love one of those too but who the hell is trading one these days?

The Leafs are lacking a solid blue line. Fix that and the other problems don't matter all too much.

I actually agree with your comments. Top 9? Brown and Johnsson. Marleau is at the end of his run but they wont trade him. Getting D like the ones you describe? Agree, not happening.

My comment was mostly just my way of keeping my own expectations somewhat realistic. The last couple of games reminded me that I do not need to book a flight back to T.O. in June for any damn parade.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly not surprised that Hyman got 2 games. Although they did not say it, I think McAvoy's injury history was a factor. Dont really have a problem with it, but think Wagner's retaliation on Rielly was equally egregious and should have got the same punishment.

I know I am a broken record and most do not agree, but the Leafs with the current roster aren't going anywhere in the playoffs. Still marshmallow soft and sorry Auston, citing your awesome power play as your comeback is worthless. Refs put their whistles away in the playoffs, so that PP isnt going to do any good. The game Saturday was a great example. BOS came out with a little snark and the Leafs disappeared. I am not advocating for the return of Matt Martin, but they need players who play heavier. When Hyman is your "predator" you got some issues.

Winnipeg is exactly what the Leafs need to be, Everyone on that team from Wheeler down has some grit to their game, including Laine. That is a team built for playoff success. The Leafs are not. I would love for the Leafs to get Big Buff. That is the type of player they need.

I do believe Wangers retaliatory hit deserves something and i am a Bruins fan

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually agree with your comments. Top 9? Brown and Johnsson. Marleau is at the end of his run but they wont trade him. Getting D like the ones you describe? Agree, not happening.

My comment was mostly just my way of keeping my own expectations somewhat realistic. The last couple of games reminded me that I do not need to book a flight back to T.O. in June for any damn parade.
Brown is probably parked on the 4th line now with Bill back.

Johnsson would be the preferable trade bait, that is until you remember the Leafs are direly thin on the left hand side.

Might take Kapanen to get something done, which is fine but hopefully he can continue to produce in a more limited role with Kadri in order to pump up his trade value.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marlies trade Adam Cracknell to Gulls/Ducks for Steven Oleksy. I guess the Marlies are rebuilding after all.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marlies trade Adam Cracknell to Gulls/Ducks for Steven Oleksy. I guess the Marlies are rebuilding after all.

Right hand D? Check
Plays with some grit? Check

Memo to Kyle: Steven Oleksy is NOT what I was looking for.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Tavares kid might just pan out as well...

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Sorry, we don't fix our defence apparently. Call us back when you have the new Hainsey.
michael-del_zotto-2019-39.jpg

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HEY TORONTO!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only reason he played well last night is because my wife was asking about who the Canucks had worth watching. After I explained Brock Bozo and Elias the wunderkind (and of course - Jay Beagle), I mentioned how my invisible friends are all trying to trade Tanev to anyone who will take him. He must have heard me mocking him.

He made a couple plays right in front of us and she said we should trade Harrington for him.

I wouldn't actually be opposed at this point.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
The only reason he played well last night is because my wife was asking about who the Canucks had worth watching. After I explained Brock Bozo and Elias the wunderkind (and of course - Jay Beagle), I mentioned how my invisible friends are all trying to trade Tanev to anyone who will take him. He must have heard me mocking him.

He made a couple plays right in front of us and she said we should trade Harrington for him.

I wouldn't actually be opposed at this point.
fwiw, your invisible friends aren't trying to trade him because we don't want him, but because he is an excellent defenseman, and would provide the most value.
and we are targeting Toronto because he is a home town kid, is exactly the player that the Leafs have needed, and the leafs have value to give.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today in Elliotte Friedman continues to devolve into a mockery of his former self, we have the following entry (note the bolded):

3. Nick Kypreos shook the masses last weekend, wondering on Headlines if Alex Pietrangelo would be a fit for Toronto. With a few more days to work off it, my guess is this: St. Louis put him in
William Nylander discussions, but the Maple Leafs decided to keep the winger. I see two reasons. First, Nylander is six years younger. Second, they might not be able to fit Pietrangelo’s extension (he’s eligible in July) and would prefer someone with term in that particular trade. It doesn’t mean they can’t/won’t re-consider him in the future.

They are doing due diligence on defencemen. They’re not crazy about term, but may consider some length if the cap hit is small enough. The defenceman has trade protection, but if Novice-age teammate John Tavares can handle Toronto, no reason Pietrangelo can’t.

4. The biggest takeaway from all of this: The fact Pietrangelo’s name got out there indicates the Blues are willing to do it.

To summarize, Elliotte guesses that the Blues floated a Piet for Bill trade, so now it is fact that Piet's name "got out there".

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Multiple parades are being planned it appears.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today in Elliotte Friedman continues to devolve into a mockery of his former self, we have the following entry (note the bolded):

3. Nick Kypreos shook the masses last weekend, wondering on Headlines if Alex Pietrangelo would be a fit for Toronto. With a few more days to work off it, my guess is this: St. Louis put him in
William Nylander discussions, but the Maple Leafs decided to keep the winger. I see two reasons. First, Nylander is six years younger. Second, they might not be able to fit Pietrangelo’s extension (he’s eligible in July) and would prefer someone with term in that particular trade. It doesn’t mean they can’t/won’t re-consider him in the future.

They are doing due diligence on defencemen. They’re not crazy about term, but may consider some length if the cap hit is small enough. The defenceman has trade protection, but if Novice-age teammate John Tavares can handle Toronto, no reason Pietrangelo can’t.

4. The biggest takeaway from all of this: The fact Pietrangelo’s name got out there indicates the Blues are willing to do it.

To summarize, Elliotte guesses that the Blues floated a Piet for Bill trade, so now it is fact that Piet's name "got out there".

Now now, it's not just that Elliotte guessed it. It's right there in your quote that Kypreos wondered.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raptors spanked GS in Oakland without Kawhi.

I don't quite understand what's happening here, but Leafs-TB tonight is gonna be fun/terrifying.

Slightly off the wall predictions:

Domingue looks like the reincarnation of Halak/Plante/Vezina/pick your era.
Kucherov, who has not had a multi-point game in 4 games now, returns to form
There are more Leafs jerseys in the audience than anything else. By a LOT.

OK those were obvious

Tavares bitch slaps Stammer and says "thanks for leaving the money behind you dumb @$$. I have turned down more sponsorship $ then you will EVER see."
To which Stamkos replies "but but but, taxes".

Final score 4-3 TB.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slightly off the wall predictions:

Domingue looks like the reincarnation of Halak/Plante/Vezina/pick your era.
Kucherov, who has not had a multi-point game in 4 games now, returns to form
There are more Leafs jerseys in the audience than anything else. By a LOT.

OK those were obvious

Tavares bitch slaps Stammer and says "thanks for leaving the money behind you dumb @$$. I have turned down more sponsorship $ then you will EVER see."
To which Stamkos replies "but but but, taxes".

Final score 4-3 TB.
Well, on the plus side we don't have to worry about Domingezina.

The bad part?