• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is nobody on the Leafs I would trade Brandon Montour for although a Montour for Babcock swap does sound intriguing. Leafs would have to eat some salary on that one though.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is nobody on the Leafs I would trade Brandon Montour for although a Montour for Babcock swap does sound intriguing. Leafs would have to eat some salary on that one though.
If Babcock can't light a fire under this offence's ass soon, you can have him fully-paid.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Babcock can't light a fire under this offence's ass soon, you can have him fully-paid.

They looked pretty good against that AHL team they played at the Staples Center last night.

Not sure what a 5-1 win over the Kings with Budaj in net says about the Leafs, but in that game the Kings were the worst team I have seen this year, By far.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I heard a comment recently that the only RFA that has gone this long into the season before signing was Turris in Arizona. And he was traded shortly after signing.

I do not see that happening here though.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I heard a comment recently that the only RFA that has gone this long into the season before signing was Turris in Arizona. And he was traded shortly after signing.

I do not see that happening here though.
I've resigned myself to two outcomes - Dubas convinced Willy to wait until late, late November in order to fudge the cap as shown by Bob Mckenzie:

or, the Leafs wind up trading him for a package from Colorado that includes Ottawa's draft pick, which will literally make Eugene Melnyk explode just enough that he goes batshit but still holds onto the team (because he's their best owner in history).

I'd like to keep Willy but if Dubas can work something out to get Jost, Makar or Barrie and that 1st I'm not sure I'd be all that upset. Any outcome other than those two sucks though.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a record you want to beat.

Keep in mind this includes for two mass killings.

Still, it is higher and it should be noted that this is the first year in which police carding was prohibited, which is why shootings at areas like Albion & Weston (where the most recent one happened), or Jane & Finch or St. Jamestown have become more commonplace this year opposed to showing steady declines in previous years.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've resigned myself to two outcomes - Dubas convinced Willy to wait until late, late November in order to fudge the cap as shown by Bob Mckenzie:

or, the Leafs wind up trading him for a package from Colorado that includes Ottawa's draft pick, which will literally make Eugene Melnyk explode just enough that he goes batshit but still holds onto the team (because he's their best owner in history).

I'd like to keep Willy but if Dubas can work something out to get Jost, Makar or Barrie and that 1st I'm not sure I'd be all that upset. Any outcome other than those two sucks though.

100% in agreement

I fear it will be the classic Door #3 however.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does not have the face for it, but I could see him as a Predator.

Man, the guy is a little late on agreeing to a contract and it doesn't take long for the pitchforks to come out.

:D