• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auston Matthews is driving ratings...

Will not "hurt short term ratings" in the least.

I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of people down here who scroll through the TV listings and decide to watch NHL hockey because they recognize the names of the two cities.

The US tv audience is comprised of two demographics: transplanted Canucks, and, die hard fans of a local US team. Both of whom know that TOR-WPG is an elite match.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas Steen looks like a cross between a homeless guy and the guy who owned the shop in Mighty Ducks.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will not "hurt short term ratings" in the least.

I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of people down here who scroll through the TV listings and decide to watch NHL hockey because they recognize the names of the two cities.

The US tv audience is comprised of two demographics: transplanted Canucks, and, die hard fans of a local US team. Both of whom know that TOR-WPG is an elite match.

Rivalry night. They don't have that when people don't care :wink:

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Babs may have saved his job with tonight's performance thus far. He's officially off the hot seat.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to Hainsey? didnt see much/any of him in the 3rd period

Nice play by Brown to set up Kadri's goal. Happy for Naz, he has had a bit of bad puck luck so far. Start of the season, they dont score that goal. Starting to see chemistry and ice awareness on that line. Expecting more and more offense from them as they build that rapport.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to Hainsey? didnt see much/any of him in the 3rd period
Why are you asking questions?

I think Babs may have saved his job with tonight's performance thus far. He's officially off the hot seat.
Bullshit. Matthews isn't playing 35 mins/game because...?

Until that happens, #BabsOut!

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hyman had the most TOI of any forward against the Jets. What was Babs thinking????
Hyman, Lindholm and Brown all had more TOI than Matthews and Tavares.

Like that old saying in hockey, you win when your third line gets the most time.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some random Monday thoughts after the Jets game.

This team can withstanding AM34 out for a bit. Not a big problem.
While he is out, Marner shows again why he will get paid.
And why Nylander will not.
As mentioned a week ago, AM34 needs to prove his durability. Not sure any team pays $11M+ for him at this point.
And
The "incident" at the end of the first period shows why this team is NOT constructed for playoff success. JT gets knocked down and after the horn blows, he tries to tell the Jet it was a bush league hit. JT gets in his (Trouba?) face behind the Jets net. Its the end of the period. And the only Leaf on the ice who even shows up to support their $11M player is fricking Leivo. And Levio just doesnt show up, he tries to keep Big Buff out of the scrum. Where the heck are the rest of the Leafs? They dont show up at all to support their teammate. This is not about truculence, Burke or Carlyle, this is about sticking up for teammates. And the Leafs dont do it. Ever. They are a soft team, softer than last year. They will rack up all kinds of fancy stats, but will still be knocked out in Round 1 by either TB or BOS. Bookmark it.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some random Monday thoughts after the Jets game.

This team can withstanding AM34 out for a bit. Not a big problem.
While he is out, Marner shows again why he will get paid.
And why Nylander will not.
As mentioned a week ago, AM34 needs to prove his durability. Not sure any team pays $11M+ for him at this point.
And
The "incident" at the end of the first period shows why this team is NOT constructed for playoff success. JT gets knocked down and after the horn blows, he tries to tell the Jet it was a bush league hit. JT gets in his (Trouba?) face behind the Jets net. Its the end of the period. And the only Leaf on the ice who even shows up to support their $11M player is fricking Leivo. And Levio just doesnt show up, he tries to keep Big Buff out of the scrum. Where the heck are the rest of the Leafs? They dont show up at all to support their teammate. This is not about truculence, Burke or Carlyle, this is about sticking up for teammates. And the Leafs dont do it. Ever. They are a soft team, softer than last year. They will rack up all kinds of fancy stats, but will still be knocked out in Round 1 by either TB or BOS. Bookmark it.
I mean, we still won the game though right?

I didn't start watching until the third so I didn't see what happened but, meh. Stick up for the teammates by scoring some goals and making the other team have a pissy Fortnite battle on the flight back to literally the worst place on earth.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, we still won the game though right?

I didn't start watching until the third so I didn't see what happened but, meh. Stick up for the teammates by scoring some goals and making the other team have a pissy Fortnite battle on the flight back to literally the worst place on earth.

In one of those "coincidences", the incident I mentioned happened at the end of the first. Matthews is hit and injured less then 2 minutes into the second.

Meh indeed.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In one of those "coincidences", the incident I mentioned happened at the end of the first. Matthews is hit and injured less then 2 minutes into the second.

Meh indeed.
Eh. I saw the Matthews hit. It was clean.

I'm more concerned that this is the second time in a year he's had a clean hit fuck up his shoulder (and this is the other shoulder, so now he's vulnerable in the future on both sides). He's a big boy. It shouldn't be this easy to hurt him and yet for the fourth time in the last 12 months he's hurt.

JT can handle JT. Trouba didn't hit AM because only one guy stepped in for JT. Trouba hit AM because that's his job.