• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they’re including Ghost or Provorov I’m listening but even then, both are lefties. Doesn’t really address anything the Leafs need.

Then again, the last big deal the Leafs made with Philly involving a winger and a defenseman worked out pretty good so...

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the trade made Brampton angry but man, the Raptors look incredible with Kawhi. They even looked near-incredible when they gave him the night off against Washington (took me all of half an hour to switch from the Leafs).

Fun team to watch this year.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some talk that Willie has left Austria. Whether back to Sweden, to Toronto, to meet the team in the Peg, to Vancouver to complete the Hughes, Tanev + 1st rounder for him trade...not sure.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
so..... if Nylander gets close to $7m, what does Marner get next year?

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so..... if Nylander gets close to $7m, what does Marner get next year?

I would think basically the same contract.

I do believe Matthews will get $11M AAV. Kind of surprised either side wants to discuss it at this point. If I am the Leafs, I am thinking: show me you can stay healthy and produce, oh and how about delivering in the playoffs. If I am Matthews, I am thinking: If I wants ta get paid like McJesus, I better put up some numbers this year to make my case.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think basically the same contract.

I do believe Matthews will get $11M AAV. Kind of surprised either side wants to discuss it at this point. If I am the Leafs, I am thinking: show me you can stay healthy and produce, oh and how about delivering in the playoffs. If I am Matthews, I am thinking: If I wants ta get paid like McJesus, I better put up some numbers this year to make my case.
Buffalo and Edmonton both gave dumb contracts to very good players (I'm talking about Draisaitl for Edmonton; McDavid is still underpaid at what he's getting). Because of that, Matthews will have to get at least Eichel money and Marner will push for Draisaitl money.

If Mitch is near $8 mil and Auston gets less than $11 mil (use JT as a cap, like Detroit did with Lidstrom) I think the Leafs are in great shape going forward.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mitch is near $8 mil and Auston gets less than $11 mil (use JT as a cap, like Detroit did with Lidstrom) I think the Leafs are in great shape going forward.

Assuming they both continue to develop and improve, I think those would be very good contracts for both sides.

Any sense on what term for either of them? Or Nylander for that matter?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming they both continue to develop and improve, I think those would be very good contracts for both sides.

Any sense on what term for either of them? Or Nylander for that matter?
It was bandied about a lot last week that Matthews may want 5 years to maximize his earnings but, obviously, everybody's just spewing shit from their mouths because nobody actually knows anything.

The only reason we even know anything about Nylander is because his driver in Zurich couldn't find him at the airport lol

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible Stanley Cup preview tonight - Yes, I'm serious.