• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy IRONy out of Pittsburgh

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
may as well leave it. they will only hve to change it back later. I just cant see why they would keep him when the new GM is hired. I see it as a precaution. hang on to the coach that you know will get you in the playoffs for revenue in case the GM search takes too long and all the good coaches get snapped up and you are left with a Eakins choice.

I really dont know. I am stretching here

Im shocked at them keeping Dan. just weird

I think eventually Disco Dan gets booted, but I think this was a scenario where Shero didn't want to fire Dan and the Penguins brass said, "Either it's both or it's you Ray" and Ray decided to take the bullet

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think eventually Disco Dan gets booted, but I think this was a scenario where Shero didn't want to fire Dan and the Penguins brass said, "Either it's both or it's you Ray" and Ray decided to take the bullet

I don't think he's that noble, haha. The only explanation I have is that they're being dicks and keeping him off the market for other teams (they already said he's not allowed to talk to other teams). There's really NO WAY if they find a new GM that the guy walks in and keeps a coach the city wants gone and the media has torn apart.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are so many absolutely ridiculous rumors out there. Babcock being the most ridiculous one. Kypreos saying that he thinks/hears that the Pens are going to tread water with DB until next year when Babcock is presumably going to be available. Just...no. I'd kill for him to coach the Pens, but that's never happening and ridiculous.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of surprised on Shero. He gave the coach the tools to get it done, coach just didn't.

Can't real blame Shero for not having the goalie he needed. He had Vokoun and Tomas had health problems.

I tell you what, if Shero hits the open market Vancouver and Washington will be fighting in a steel cage for him.
Shero's done nothing as far as building around Crosby and Malkin. All he's done for the most part is draft D-men. Drafted D-man Simon Despres in 2009 and hasn't been givin a fair shake. Instead of playing him he signs Rob Scuderi's worthless ass to a 4yr deal. Same with LW Beau Bennett drafted in 2010. He's being played on the 3rd line at his off-wing (like Iginla was when was brought in last season :rollseyes:) and has never been givin' a chance to play regularly on Sid's line.

Shero brings in Flames reject Lee Stepniak and Bylsma puts him on Sid's line for a while. Then Bylsma plays AHL'er Brian Gibbons on Sid's line for game 7 last series.

Shero refused to fire Dan and it cost him his job. Dan should have been fired before this season. The next GM brought in will most definitely give Dan the boot. I think Mario and company are trying to follow protocol but in this circumstance, they both should have been let go today.

DUMB!!!

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Bylsma is the next GM's issue now. :L I wonder if that will make the job more or less attractive?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAaMWcCdDW4]Pittsburgh Penguins "Stayin' Alive" -- [Saturday Night Fever Parody] - YouTube[/ame]

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shero's done nothing as far as building around Crosby and Malkin. All he's done for the most part is draft D-men. Drafted D-man Simon Despres in 2009 and hasn't been givin a fair shake. Instead of playing him he signs Rob Scuderi's worthless ass to a 4yr deal. Same with LW Beau Bennett drafted in 2010. He's being played on the 3rd line at his off-wing (like Iginla was when was brought in last season :rollseyes:) and has never been givin' a chance to play regularly on Sid's line.

Shero brings in Flames reject Lee Stepniak and Bylsma puts him on Sid's line for a while. Then Bylsma plays AHL'er Brian Gibbons on Sid's line for game 7 last series.

Shero refused to fire Dan and it cost him his job. Dan should have been fired before this season. The next GM brought in will most definitely give Dan the boot. I think Mario and company are trying to follow protocol but in this circumstance, they both should have been let go today.

DUMB!!!

I know hiring/firing was part of Shero's job, but if Blysma was why Shero was fired, why wasn't Blysma fired? I know the rumors are rampant, but I don't think that's why he was fired. His drafts are the biggest issue. He's done well in trades, average in FA, and poor in the draft.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, now this whole affair makes even less sense.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Batman showed up for the news conference and was like every pens fan left sad

BhuG87w.jpg

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pens have taken the lead from the Leafs regarding most bizarre off-season decision...

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pens have taken the lead from the Leafs regarding most bizarre off-season decision...

... so far.

(Torts to the Caps, Torts to the caps, Torts to the Caps)

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know hiring/firing was part of Shero's job, but if Blysma was why Shero was fired, why wasn't Blysma fired? I know the rumors are rampant, but I don't think that's why he was fired. His drafts are the biggest issue. He's done well in trades, average in FA, and poor in the draft.
It's quite possible the scenario was this: Shero was told after the series that Dan must be fired. If Ray refused, then that's what got his own ass fired.

Plus adding to what you pointed out about drafts FA etc...

Last edited by a moderator:

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pierre mcguire is a big dan bylsma fan :whistle:

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

good god...:L

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Caps... frontrunner....

heh

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Botterill gets the job you know he will keep the same coaching staff. Just think more of the same for the Penguins if that happens.

If they are going to hire from within I would rather it be Fitzgerald.