• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy IRONy out of Pittsburgh

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I could never change teams, but my interest in watching would be severely curtailed.

That's how I feel with the Phillies right now - I've severely curtailed watching them until Ruben Amaro Jr gets fired

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I could never change teams, but my interest in watching would be severely curtailed.

I'd throw out an ad for my services as a fan. Or I'd go all NBA fan and just pick a player to follow. It'd have to be pretty obscure though, as there are some hated teams that I could never root for. My issue is that I'm too obsessed with hockey to simply not watch.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd throw out an ad for my services as a fan. Or I'd go all NBA fan and just pick a player to follow. It'd have to be pretty obscure though, as there are some hated teams that I could never root for. My issue is that I'm too obsessed with hockey to simply not watch.

Just move west a little.

Like a lot of people have.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see the NHL make a media circus if Pierre gets an interview that would be a classic.

Anyway just read this is who is on the list now:

"Candidates said to be on ownership’s radar include: interim GM Jason Botterill, Lightning assistant GM Julien BriseBois, Maple Leafs VP of hockey operations Dave Poulin, Rangers assistant GM Jeff Gorton and Blackhawks assistant GM Norm Maciver."
As for Botterill:
"Botterill is said to be very much in contention to replace former GM Ray Shero because ownership believes Botterill and Shero have different philosophies when it comes to the type of hockey team to build and style to play."

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Botterill was considered a strong candidate for the Buffalo job before the went with Murray, possibly because he spent 3 years as a player in the Buffalo system.

He was actually my number 1 choice, though I was pleased with the Murray decision as well.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see the NHL make a media circus if Pierre gets an interview that would be a classic.

Anyway just read this is who is on the list now:

"Candidates said to be on ownership’s radar include: interim GM Jason Botterill, Lightning assistant GM Julien BriseBois, Maple Leafs VP of hockey operations Dave Poulin, Rangers assistant GM Jeff Gorton and Blackhawks assistant GM Norm Maciver."
As for Botterill:
"Botterill is said to be very much in contention to replace former GM Ray Shero because ownership believes Botterill and Shero have different philosophies when it comes to the type of hockey team to build and style to play."

This better be true if they keep him on.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to nominate NJ Cup from the Devils board, having seen his trade suggestions over the years I'm sure he would irreparably damage the pens leaving a division rival crippled and demoralized for years

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the user comments on one of Habs articles I was reading earlier stated that a local radio station said Pierre was close to getting the Pens GM job. No verified links so I didn't post it. Its a rumor though.

Oh pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pleeeeease! That would be awesome. That would make this the...

BestWeekEver.jpg

It'd be awesome if he still spent Pens' games inbetween the benches in his little glass container. That would be awesome. Oh, dude, just thinking about it is awesome.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to nominate NJ Cup from the Devils board, having seen his trade suggestions over the years I'm sure he would irreparably damage the pens leaving a division rival crippled and demoralized for years

Example!

samuel-l-jackson.jpg

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pleeeeease! That would be awesome. That would make this the...

BestWeekEver.jpg

It'd be awesome if he still spent Pens' games inbetween the benches in his little glass container. That would be awesome. Oh, dude, just thinking about it is awesome.

Best week ever?

No. That will come when everyone realizes the media has misspelled "Torts" in it's Capitals reporting.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pierre Maguire is in own for his 2nd interview.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, after putting some thought into it, here's how I see what's happened:

Pierre thinks he and Mario are good buddies, so Mario is merely placating him by keeping him in to this point. I foresee his interview being 15 minutes long and involving Mario and Burkle asking him to name the junior/college team that every Penguins player played for, followed by a short conversation on what constitutes sexual harassment. Pierre leaves town feeling pretty good about himself, 3 days later the job is given to Briesbrois.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup. Heard it straight from Pierre himself.

Last edited by a moderator: