• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy IRONy out of Pittsburgh

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not my first choice for GM, but I'm not aghast at the notion of Pierre as GM. I think he'd be a decent draft GM, and would obviously push to have the younger players in the lineup, which would free up cap space.

And I have a feeling he'd bring in a new coach, which is the priority for this team to succeed. Pierre watches a lot of hockey, and I'm pretty sure he's noticed, if not outright called out, the poor decision making by Bylsma.

We'll see.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pierre was on Toronto radio this morning and confirmed that there have been discussions between him and the Pens. Also said Shero probably shouldn't have been fired.

Last edited by a moderator:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pierre sounded like he was near tears the day Shero was fired (on vancouver radio) ... i think i posted it in here ... but he said something to the effect of ... "this isnt the way you run a pro hockey team"

the same probably applies if he gets hired as gm :noidea:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just hard for me to believe he's going to be the GM - if this is just a way of getting his name out there and the Penguins getting some info on other candidates from him, then they just need to move on from him - it's becoming a distraction

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGuire is first to publicly discuss candidacy

this is what he did when he was in the running for the Wild job a couple years back and the Habs job

youd think he would figure it out and stop doing it

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is what he did when he was in the running for the Wild job a couple years back and the Habs job

youd think he would figure it out and stop doing it

Or maybe it's just his way of knowing he's not getting it so he'll come out and at least say he interviewed for it

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pierre sounded like he was near tears the day Shero was fired (on vancouver radio) ... i think i posted it in here ... but he said something to the effect of ... "this isnt the way you run a pro hockey team"

the same probably applies if he gets hired as gm :noidea:

But it gives him a chance to show how you DO run a pro hockey team.

He's clever.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this isnt the way you run a pro hockey team

But it gives him a chance to show how you DO run a pro hockey team.

He's clever.

the thing is ... Pierre was referring to Mario and the rest of upper management above Shero

so my sentiment stands lol

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't decide if I want this more because everyone loves watching a good train wreck or because it would get Pierre off of the NBCSN broadcasts.

Decisions, decisions. :think:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe it's just his way of knowing he's not getting it so he'll come out and at least say he interviewed for it

i dont think this is the case

the guy is always in the cesspool because he has the biggest yap lol

with regards to the habs job ... for weeks he would come on and do his regular spot and he would always redirect questions towards Habs this and Habs that

the day they announced Bergevin got the job he came on and was devastated ... Sekeres asked him the snarkiest most nasally "so Pierre ... what happened???"

that day was enjoyable radio lol ... (and i know for a fact that lucky pierre went to one of the stations show producers afterwards and complained that he didnt like sekeres tone during the interview ... ie rubbing it in)

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rutherford would be worse than McGuire...

I don't see how it's not one of the "elite" assistant GMs out there (BriesBois, Fenton, Gorton, MacIver, Botterill).

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be a negotiation tactic from the team. You interview lots of guys, let it be known publicly that you talked to a couple of them. Gives you more leverage when negotiating with whoever you actually want.

Kinda like the old used car sales trick; "I just got off the phone with a guy who wants this exact car, but I'm willing to sell it to you instead."

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be a negotiation tactic from the team. You interview lots of guys, let it be known publicly that you talked to a couple of them. Gives you more leverage when negotiating with whoever you actually want.

Kinda like the old used car sales trick; "I just got off the phone with a guy who wants this exact car, but I'm willing to sell it to you instead."

I definitely think there's some "gamesmenship" going on. Mostly the Pierre stuff.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really doubt the Pens are grinding one of their gm candidates on salary ... they were all agms and want to be the man ... any one of them would jump at this job ... its not like they were highly paid as agm's ... and its not like there are a steady supply of gm jobs available right now

:think:

unless its a negotiating tactic to get lucky pierre to leave that cushy high paying NBC job

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really doubt the Pens are grinding one of their gm candidates on salary ... they were all agms and want to be the man ... any one of them would jump at this job ... its not like they were highly paid as agm's ... and its not like there are a steady supply of gm jobs available right now

:think:

unless its a negotiating tactic to get lucky pierre to leave that cushy high paying NBC job

Not necessarily on salary. I'd think even more likely on level of control.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Pierre would actually do a decent job in talent evaluation aspects, but my biggest fear with him would be overvaluing players, either in trades or in free agent signings. I fear he would put us in a really bad spot cap-wise (not that we aren't already).

As a result, I do want one of the big-time assistant GMs to be hired.