• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy CowPies in the 'Lumbus

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoy your retirement, Dubi.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most everyone: Heh. that's funny.
Twatwaffle: BOB DEMANDS TO BE WHEELED AROUND LIKE A KING! WHAT DOES THIS DO TO RUMORED TRADES FOR CROSBY? Only 9.99 a month to find out!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Local boy Kole Sherwood plays his first NHL game for the Jackets. He grew up playing in the AAA Jackets program with Connor Murphy (who plays for Chicago) and his favorite player growing up was Patrick Kane.

Big night, Kid. enjoy it.,

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Local boy Kole Sherwood plays his first NHL game for the Jackets. He grew up playing in the AAA Jackets program with Connor Murphy (who plays for Chicago) and his favorite player growing up was Patrick Kane.

Big night, Kid. enjoy it.,
First player from Columbus to start for the Jackets

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
XsyZhsV.png

The "Kelsey" in question is Oliver Bjorkstrand's aunt. who came with her sister, Oliver's mom, on the Mom's trip. Small world.

Second piece of "Ollie was destine to be a Jacket" trivia: Torts played college hockey with Bjorky's dad.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Korpi gets the start tonight against TB.

If we can get 1 point tonight, I'd be happy. Tonight's going to be rough

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Korpi has flopped like a fish twice so far. Kuch has buried both.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neato:

Honestly surprised me.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Korpi has flopped like a fish twice so far. Kuch has buried both.
Almost have to get a goal here... Gonna be a little demoralizing to play so well and be down 2.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost have to get a goal here... Gonna be a little demoralizing to play so well and be down 2.

Yeah, it's tough. We could have had three if Vasilevsky was from this planet.

Reactions: gob

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBJ activate C Brandon Dubinksy off IR

Awesome! Jackets make 4 moves and each one makes us worse!

- Dubinsky is back. He can't even get LTIR right
- Hannakeinen is hurt. Beerman has been solid.
- Kole Sherwood sent back to minors. Kid only got two games and was stellar in both.
- Adam Clendening is replacing Ryan Murray. Which is like buying a 1982 Chevy Luv pickup to replace your Porsche 911.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

- Kole Sherwood sent back to minors. Kid only got two games and was stellar in both.
- Adam Clendening is replacing Ryan Murray. Which is like buying a 1982 Chevy Luv pickup to replace your Porsche 911.
There's about zero chance Dubinsky ever becomes an LTIR cap stash.

-Has NMC, can't be threatened with the bus.

-He's still in decent playing condition and likely still enjoys playing the game (even guys like Horton and Savard who were/are in far-worse physical condition tried repeatedly to get back into the game).

The only thing that might change that is if they threaten to buy him out but given how much cap space the Jackets have i'm not sure that's worth it for them.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Any word on the extent of Murray's injury?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-He's still in decent playing condition and likely still enjoys playing the game (even guys like Horton and Savard who were/are in far-worse physical condition tried repeatedly to get back into the game).

That is open to interpretation. 11 points and 34 penalty minutes in 37 games. He's on the 4th line tonight.

And it's more than an NMC. He has a NTC. He can submit a ten team list.

The bottom line is they will have to do something with him before we are forced to protect him in the Seattle draft. He's making 6m and not worth 1. A buyout would suck, but other than LTIR it may be the only option. There is no way we can trade him unless we lose something good to go along with him.

Any word on the extent of Murray's injury?

Nothing that I have seen. He isn't on the trip to Montreal/Ottawa. And the team is being very tight lipped about it. Which isn't good given his history. I hope he hasn't crushed his collarbone again. Each one gets harder to come back from.

Reactions: gob

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is open to interpretation. 11 points and 34 penalty minutes in 37 games. He's on the 4th line tonight.

And it's more than an NMC. He has a NTC. He can submit a ten team list.

The bottom line is they will have to do something with him before we are forced to protect him in the Seattle draft. He's making 6m and not worth 1. A buyout would suck, but other than LTIR it may be the only option. There is no way we can trade him unless we lose something good to go along with him.
I mean health-wise - he isn't at Nathan Horton/Marc Savard status. Whether he can play well, well, that's up for pretty short debate I guess. Guys who are healthy don't usually want to stop playing the game.

I know he has an NTC and any trade can happen (I mean, if David Clarkson can be traded...). The NMC means the team can't do to him like the Leafs probably did with Lupul and Robidas - threaten to demote them to the AHL if they don't play ball.

But yeah, the Seattle draft was something I definitely overlooked, but TBH most teams wind up with one guy they have to protect that they didn't want to. So long as it's just one guy, it's not the end of the world. Also by then they could very easily probably trade him in a dump, eat some salary, throw in a pick and get somebody useful from a bottom-feeder.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean health-wise - he isn't at Nathan Horton/Marc Savard status. Whether he can play well, well, that's up for pretty short debate I guess. Guys who are healthy don't usually want to stop playing the game.

I know he has an NTC and any trade can happen (I mean, if David Clarkson can be traded...). The NMC means the team can't do to him like the Leafs probably did with Lupul and Robidas - threaten to demote them to the AHL if they don't play ball.

But yeah, the Seattle draft was something I definitely overlooked, but TBH most teams wind up with one guy they have to protect that they didn't want to. So long as it's just one guy, it's not the end of the world. Also by then they could very easily probably trade him in a dump, eat some salary, throw in a pick and get somebody useful from a bottom-feeder.

By the time it gets to a retained salary trade, they may as well just buy him out. That way they won't have to deal with another potential problem player. And I think that if this is not resolved by end of season next year, he's bought out. It's Hartnell 2.0. Good presence to have, but not able to perform at an acceptable level.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was pretty cool:
Girls flood the ice at Nationwide Arena to learn hockey skills

Note: one of those girl goalies (in lighter blue to the left of the photo) is likely to be my son's backup next year. She plays for the Bantam team in his program right now and the High School team has 3, two of which are seniors. Next year it will be her and him. She was there as a target for the littler girls.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Illness"

giphy.gif

He has the flew. As in he just flew to his new home in Miami. Huberdeau and Mrs Reimer coming back.

pleasepleaseplease