• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy CowPies in the 'Lumbus

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had Savard not deflected #2 it would have hit him softly in the chest.
I get that deflecting makes it more difficult, but the puck traveled a good distance after the deflection. It just seemed like a stop you'd expect your #1 goalie to make.

Is it possible to see goalie stats against individual teams? I'm just curious to see how he compares against the capitals vs the penguins. It could just be all in my head because of other reasons.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MOM, DON’T READ THIS

Great article highlighting the relationship between Seth and Mama Jones.

Underscores how badly we need to get Caleb Jones too. Keep all them in one place.

Reactions: gob

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the reasoning for the goal being called off?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the reasoning for the goal being called off?

They said that there was a kicking motion, which is debatable. But then to make it worse, they said had it deflected off Provorov's stick it would have counted. But since it went off his leg it didn't count.

Reactions: gob

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I somehow expected the "Trade Call" to be a bit more involved than is depicted here.

Also lol @ "Speech? Fucking right boys, let's keep 'er going" *sits down*

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone coulda warned him

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is fucking pathetic

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two lackluster games in a row. Something needs to happen. Light a fire under their asses

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, what a blast from Seth Jones to tie the game 2-2

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at a tournament in Detroit and just got home in time for this start. The hotel didn't have functioning WiFi, so I missed yesterday's game. Sounds like that was a good thing.

My review of Detroit: Not recommended.

Son went 4-0 for the tournament with 9 GA in 4 games. It was a 3 on 3 tourney, so 2.25 GAA is pretty damn good. This morning at breakfast, one of his teammates gave him a BlueBerry Muffin with a fork stuck in it and said it was his MVP trophy. Everything else about Detroit sucked. Especially the fact that most banks, once they see your credit card get used in Detroit, automatically assume it's fraud and shut your card. 5 parents had the problem. We use 4 different banks.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blake Wheeler better keep his junk in his pants lol

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outscored 17-8 in their last 4.

You can't go all in and allow this to stand. My only guess if Torts somehow manages to survive this is that either they couldn't afford one of the top available coaches or couldn't convince them to take the job.

Either way, by this time next week they'll have played Pittsburgh two more times and could very well be cooked.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outscored 17-8 in their last 4.

You can't go all in and allow this to stand. My only guess if Torts somehow manages to survive this is that either they couldn't afford one of the top available coaches or couldn't convince them to take the job.

Either way, by this time next week they'll have played Pittsburgh two more times and could very well be cooked.

I don't think it's a case of either not being able to afford them nor being able to convince them. The Jackets are showing they are willing to spend to compete. And of the 4 first names on the available list (Quenneville, Sutter, McLellan and Vignault) one of them has to be willing.

It's the Torts shelf life. He gets results at first, but a point comes when the room tunes him out. It was a good move on his part to bring in Marty St Louis to try and reach some guys, but it is starting to look like that was a last ditch effort to keep his job.

The problem is not talent.
The problem is not depth
The problem is not heart
The problem is not team closeness

Not a whole lot left after that.

And honestly, Duclair may have been the final straw. They liked the guy.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's a case of either not being able to afford them nor being able to convince them. The Jackets are showing they are willing to spend to compete. And of the 4 first names on the available list (Quenneville, Sutter, McLellan and Vignault) one of them has to be willing.

It's the Torts shelf life. He gets results at first, but a point comes when the room tunes him out. It was a good move on his part to bring in Marty St Louis to try and reach some guys, but it is starting to look like that was a last ditch effort to keep his job.

The problem is not talent.
The problem is not depth
The problem is not heart
The problem is not team closeness

Not a whole lot left after that.

And honestly, Duclair may have been the final straw. They liked the guy.
Sutter was pretty adamant that he was retired (assuming you mean Darryl and not Brent lol) but I don't know how attractive a job the Jackets would be to any of those guys. If money isn't an issue (I'm not certain it isn't - Torts is signed through 2021 and the Jackets aren't exactly known for being cash cows), the next item on the list is assuring those guys that the team is going to keep any of their UFA's. Without pen on paper, the assumption has to be that they're leaving (unless you're the NY Islanders, apparently).

If a guy takes over, can't steer the team to the playoffs and then the roster is gutted in the off-season and he's got 2 years left on a deal I just can't see how that could be considered more attractive than waiting a month and seeing what opens up after the season.