• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colts fans boo Luck

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can boo, cheer, or hell do both. That is exactly the role a fan has if they actually have a role.
Do you honestly think Luck is concerned about fans booing him? He's concerned about getting beat up for another season.
We agree. I was defending the fans who boo'd because they were getting bashed by everyone.
If an entertainer does something you don't like, BOO the fucker. A coach runs the ball on 3rd and 9, boo the fucker. If a player retires 2 weeks before the season starts, boo the fucker. If a player takes a play off, boo the fucker.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We agree. I was defending the fans who boo'd because they were getting bashed by everyone.
If an entertainer does something you don't like, BOO the fucker. A coach runs the ball on 3rd and 9, boo the fucker. If a player retires 2 weeks before the season starts, boo the fucker. If a player takes a play off, boo the fucker.
I have no issue with that. I do have issues with fans who are crying about getting screwed or that they somehow are owed something. Its a business

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no issue with that. I do have issues with fans who are crying about getting screwed or that they somehow are owed something. Its a business
Yeah. Fans did get screwed, but it is a gamble they take. I'd be bummed if I had bought my first season tickets, but ultimately it is a gamble I lost.
I would boo the fuck out of Luck though. The Colts have nothing as a backup QB now.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without the fans, the players would not have jobs. The fans are doing more for the players than the players are doing for the fans.

Most of the revenue for the owners comes from TV and corporate sponsors. At the end of the day, the game is all about the fans. So you're right of course. What we forget sometimes as fans...the players are people first, sports entertainers second.

I will add this though...having lived in a town without an NFL team...if the NFL somehow just went away, it would leave a huge void for some fans or they would resort back to CFB.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a game of who looks worse between Luck and the Colts and the fans its the fans that wins hands down. That was a sad way to respond to the news. But I can see people wanting their tickets back. I wouldn't but that's just me. I would want to see the next man step up.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, I would as well.....as a fan, I want to see a good product on the field or at least the expectation that my money is well spent.....This is like the Christmas commercial where the guy dreams of having a Mercedes-Benz as a child and ends up with a Yugo in the driveway as an adult....

I could see if the team benched him for some scrub, but it wasn't their decision, and no different to me ,say a career ending injury, possibility in sports. Much bigger impact on the owner and team with all the revenue loss, viewership, novelty sales, jerseys etc

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see if the team benched him for some scrub, but it wasn't their decision, and no different to me ,say a career ending injury, possibility in sports. Much bigger impact on the owner and team with all the revenue loss, viewership, novelty sales, jerseys etc

It’s a tough spot all around, but the money for season tickets is insane....not blaming ownership, but very tempting to bail on the investment....

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a tough spot all around, but the money for season tickets is insane....not blaming ownership, but very tempting to bail on the investment....

Think Irsay is packing all the 18 wheelers and skipping town tonight

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a game of who looks worse between Luck and the Colts and the fans its the fans that wins hands down. That was a sad way to respond to the news. But I can see people wanting their tickets back. I wouldn't but that's just me. I would want to see the next man step up.
The "booing" was overblown by the media.

Most were cheering him.

I would have been booing if I was there. The situation was a shitty one. In the middle of a game. 2 weeks before the season starts. Luck is on the sideline laughing and smiling. I would have had a few beers in me.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. Brissett isn't great.
You don't feel that a team can be better prepared for a season if they know their best player isn't going to play?
It doesn't sound like this was a surprise to the Colts. It's quite possible he had told the team awhile back, and they convinced him to stick around.

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely love it (not) when the media overreacts to fan overreaction. It's been a three-day Andrew Luck love fest since new abruptly broke he was retiring and some in the crowd of a preseason game booed the news. I wouldn't boo Luck or the news but how the fuck does anyone expect them to react? Should they have, in the moment, clutched their hearts and shed tears, thanking him for all the moments? Chances are most were drunk and unsure of how to process the news, if they even thought it was true.

Calm the fuck down everyone. The booing drunks at NFL games are largely why guys like Andrew Luck pocket $97 million for 7 years of work.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "booing" was overblown by the media.

Most were cheering him.

I would have been booing if I was there. The situation was a shitty one. In the middle of a game. 2 weeks before the season starts. Luck is on the sideline laughing and smiling. I would have had a few beers in me.
I'm happy to learn the media over blew the reaction, I wasn't there so I don't know what happened other than what I saw on TV. But we all want players to be upstanding people and to conduct themselves properly, well what about a fan code of conduct? some fans can be real jerks.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy to learn the media over blew the reaction, I wasn't there so I don't know what happened other than what I saw on TV. But we all want players to be upstanding people and to conduct themselves properly, well what about a fan code of conduct? some fans can be real jerks.
I agree. The thing is that it had to be expected that some fans would boo when they hear of their star QB is retiring during the game. He's laughing and smiling on the sideline and you hear about it after a few beers. I think I would have boo'd. The video shows that it was just a small portion of fans that actually boo'd him. Most were cheering and clapping. This was way overblown.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. The thing is that it had to be expected that some fans would boo when they hear of their star QB is retiring during the game. He's laughing and smiling on the sideline and you hear about it after a few beers. I think I would have boo'd. The video shows that it was just a small portion of fans that actually boo'd him. Most were cheering and clapping. This was way overblown.
Yeah looking at it from the fans in the stands point of view I'm sure they felt let down and wonder why this came out when it did. But I really felt bad for Luck. He didn't deserve that. I'm glad to learn most fans were not booing.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah looking at it from the fans in the stands point of view I'm sure they felt let down and wonder why this came out when it did. But I really felt bad for Luck. He didn't deserve that. I'm glad to learn most fans were not booing.
It's an extreme minority when you take into account how a "boo" travels and is louder than a cheer. 1 person booing in a crowd of 25 people can be heard over everyone else.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Colts rally around the back up and still have a great season.