• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colts fans boo Luck

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While true...for a fan to boo a personal decision to retire is in poor taste....at least in his mind, the player gave them everything he had on the field.

Maybe they all just picked him in the early rounds of their fantasy draft......

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brett Favre wasn't booed when he announced he was retiring. His number also was retired by the Packers.

Yep. I totally disagree with the booing on Sat (but understand that it was done due to emotion to a very surprising announcement - I am sure many of those fans regret their actions). However if say Luck unretired at some time & came back to play for another team I would totally understand if fans booed him.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Luck not stay retired? He's hurting, deep inside the soul that most of you don't own. He'll stay retired. He had a good setup, good players around him, decent defense...fantastic special teams backups....no reason to quit. There's not a better situation for him at this point, so he's not going to sneak back in, and play for another team. if he does, he needs to give Indy some of that giant pile of fat stacks that he walked away with.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Luck not stay retired? He's hurting, deep inside the soul that most of you don't own. He'll stay retired. He had a good setup, good players around him, decent defense...fantastic special teams backups....no reason to quit. There's not a better situation for him at this point, so he's not going to sneak back in, and play for another team. if he does, he needs to give Indy some of that giant pile of fat stacks that he walked away with.
Yep, he's not coming back. He's got $100 million. He gets to enjoy retirement from age 29.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Booing injuries is always a bad look.

Luck probably wasn't going to have any impact on this season regardless of whether he retired or not.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While true...for a fan to boo a personal decision to retire is in poor taste....at least in his mind, the player gave them everything he had on the field.
It's worse than throwing a redzone interception.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans cheer, fans boo. What is so hard to understand?

Fans boo for bad play, bad play-calling, poor calls/non-calls.....

These people booed because some were drunk and upset, and I'll bet some have this 'ownership' mentality...like fantasy football owners. It's a terrible look for them.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans boo for bad play, bad play-calling, poor calls/non-calls.....

These people booed because some were drunk and upset, and I'll bet some have this 'ownership' mentality...like fantasy football owners. It's a terrible look for them.
Fans cheer players before they even take the field. Before they play.
I don't have a problem when fans boo when they are not pleased with something. That's why they are fanatics.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should be bood. WTF are you people talking about. He retired a week before the season started and screwed over his team and fans. If he did it before the draft and gave them time it would have been different. You don't pull this 1 week before the season starts.
Because there were so many QBs in FA they could have found or drafted who would be better than Brissett?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans cheer players before they even take the field. Before they play.
I don't have a problem when fans boo when they are not pleased with something. That's why they are fanatics.

I get why they boo'd: they were disappointed. But some folks are taking this way too hard when ultimately the NFL is just entertainment; it's not life and death for us the fans. But it IS life and death for the players.

After so many years of disappointments, some fans learn not to care too much. Others continue to identify with the team to the extent that they take decisions like this personally. Those are the ones tweeting out hateful things about Luck.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because there were so many QBs in FA they could have found or drafted who would be better than Brissett?
Maybe. Brissett isn't great.
You don't feel that a team can be better prepared for a season if they know their best player isn't going to play?

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get why they boo'd: they were disappointed. But some folks are taking this way too hard when ultimately the NFL is just entertainment; it's not life and death for us the fans. But it IS life and death for the players.

After so many years of disappointments, some fans learn not to care too much. Others continue to identify with the team to the extent that they take decisions like this personally. Those are the ones tweeting out hateful things about Luck.
I mostly agree. Except trashing Luck for this is no big deal for Luck. Now if people call him or text him with threats it would be bad, but to bad mouth him for this is no big deal. I don't take it personally, because. like you said, it's just entertainment, and being just entertainment, I don't think of it as any different than when I catch an episode of naked and afraid and I call the contestant a moron for doing something.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy.gif

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. Brissett isn't great.
You don't feel that a team can be better prepared for a season if they know their best player isn't going to play?
Great? No....but who is available who is better?

And, sure, in an ideal world you'd like to know sooner but word is the Colts did know this could happen months before the announcement.

I'm not saying other fans wouldn't boo as I believe they would....but the fact is these guys are people and get to do what they want. He's not a commodity.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles Flacco packaging draft picks to move up? Hell I don't know. I do know you don't do this right before the season starts. I'm fine with him retiring but his timing stinks and I don't blame Colts fans for having a bad reaction in their initial surprise reaction.