• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colts fans boo Luck

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great? No....but who is available who is better?

And, sure, in an ideal world you'd like to know sooner but word is the Colts did know this could happen months before the announcement.

I'm not saying other fans wouldn't boo as I believe they would....but the fact is these guys are people and get to do what they want. He's not a commodity.
I totally agree. It's Lucks life, he can do what he wants. If I had $100 million, I would probably do the same thing. Retire at 29 and do whatever you want for the rest of your life. That would be awesome. I would expect to be boo'd though. But I wouldn't give a shit.
The fans who boo'd are people too, so they can do whatever the heck they want. They invested their money in Jerseys, season tickets and other stuff.

Maybe there wasn't many QB's available better than Brissett, but the backup QB would have been addressed. The Colts have Kelly(headcase and suspended 2 games) and Walker (who is barely PS material).

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans cheer players before they even take the field. Before they play.
I don't have a problem when fans boo when they are not pleased with something. That's why they are fanatics.

Fans cheer injuries too...it doesn't make it right just because they're 'fanatics.' I think the consensus here is that it's just bad all around to boo the guy. Like I said....I can somewhat 'get' why they booed - drunk and probably regretted it/fantasy football ownership mentality. I'll even sympathize with the season ticket holder, and now their season is finished. The guy is obviously hurting and doesn't want to do the rehab thing again.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles Flacco packaging draft picks to move up? Hell I don't know. I do know you don't do this right before the season starts. I'm fine with him retiring but his timing stinks and I don't blame Colts fans for having a bad reaction in their initial surprise reaction.
As I said, I don't blame them. What many fan bases would have done. Also not crazy to think the Colts believe Brisett is better than Foles and Flacco.....they did know this could happen, right?

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles Flacco packaging draft picks to move up? Hell I don't know. I do know you don't do this right before the season starts. I'm fine with him retiring but his timing stinks and I don't blame Colts fans for having a bad reaction in their initial surprise reaction.
You get it.

Possibly they could have went for Rosen. Who knows.
Brissett is going to be problems for them. He's decent. The team is good around him. Good defense, great O-line, good weapons to throw to in Funchess, Ebron, Doyle, Hilton, Campbell ect.. He's a FA at the end of the season and will demand money like Dak is. The Colts may feel forced to pay him more than he is worth because he had an above average season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree. It's Lucks life, he can do what he wants. If I had $100 million, I would probably do the same thing. Retire at 29 and do whatever you want for the rest of your life. That would be awesome. I would expect to be boo'd though. But I wouldn't give a shit.
The fans who boo'd are people too, so they can do whatever the heck they want. They invested their money in Jerseys, season tickets and other stuff.

Maybe there wasn't many QB's available better than Brissett, but the backup QB would have been addressed. The Colts have Kelly(headcase and suspended 2 games) and Walker (who is barely PS material).
all good points....still time to find a quality backup, though.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

Oh, boo yourself

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's kind of a mob mentality that could have gone either way. The loudest drunken morons at that particular preseason game decided to boo and it caught on. On another day he could have gotten a standing ovation (he probably will next time he shows up at a game).
I always liked Luck as a QB. So many of these teams get in the red zone and then try some timing route or fade pattern that doesn't work,or try some underneath pass then kick a field goal. Luck would hang in there and run back and forth behind the line until one of his tight ends got open then go for the TD.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't lie...if I were a Colts season ticket holder, I'd be pissed, but I wouldn't have booed that announcement or however it was conveyed to the fans.
Groaning can sound like booing too.

They should have been screaming.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The booing is being overblown. Sounded more like moaning and it also sounded like more were cheering him.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were all paying his salary unless you think UNICEF is involved. I have no butthurt as it was not my QB or team involved. But I understand why he was booed. I understand why Colts fans felt screwed over.
How are "we" paying his salary? Because you bought a ticket to a game once??

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who pays the salary's of player coaches and owners. Is it magic? Is it the TV we pay for or the adds we buy? is it free?

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without the fans, the players would not have jobs. The fans are doing more for the players than the players are doing for the fans.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were all paying his salary unless you think UNICEF is involved. I have no butthurt as it was not my QB or team involved. But I understand why he was booed. I understand why Colts fans felt screwed over.
So who pays the salary's of player coaches and owners. Is it magic? Is it the TV we pay for or the adds we buy? is it free?
I know very well how the whole thing works. But fans need to remember that they are just that...fans. The players don't owe them anything. This whole "we was screwed" thing is lame.

Next man up..its a business

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without the fans, the players would not have jobs. The fans are doing more for the players than the players are doing for the fans.
Fans need to remember they are simply fans. That is the extent of it. Crying about being screwed over and all of that bullshit? Get over it

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know very well how the whole thing works. But fans need to remember that they are just that...fans. The players don't owe them anything. This whole "we was screwed" thing is lame.
Gotta go both ways. Players need to remember they are just entertainment and if they do something we don't like, we are going to boo them.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans need to remember they are simply fans. That is the extent of it. Crying about being screwed over and all of that bullshit? Get over it
Players need to remember they are just a show. They will get boo'd

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta go both ways. Players need to remember they are just entertainment and if they do something we don't like, we are going to boo them.
You can boo, cheer, or hell do both. That is exactly the role a fan has if they actually have a role.
Do you honestly think Luck is concerned about fans booing him? He's concerned about getting beat up for another season.