• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colts fans boo Luck

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck never really had the drive to be an NFL quarterback, anyway.

He never showed the intensity of Peyton Manning, the character of Drew Brees or the skills of Tom Brady.

The Indy fans are fortunate that he's gone and didn't stick them with a huge cap hit to spend half a season on IR every year. Even when healthy, he never lived up to the hype.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck never really had the drive to be an NFL quarterback, anyway.

He never showed the intensity of Peyton Manning, the character of Drew Brees or the skills of Tom Brady.
Or the greatness of Aaron Rodgers.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or the greatness of Aaron Rodgers.

UnfortunateLimpingBlowfish-size_restricted.gif

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should be bood. WTF are you people talking about. He retired a week before the season started and screwed over his team and fans. If he did it before the draft and gave them time it would have been different. You don't pull this 1 week before the season starts.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He kinda fucked the team over with the timing of his decision. I'd boo too if I were a Colts fan. The season starts in two weeks, and now they have a really good roster that won't have a really good QB to match it.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should be bood. WTF are you people talking about. He retired a week before the season started and screwed over his team and fans. If he did it before the draft and gave them time it would have been different. You don't pull this 1 week before the season starts.

Yup, I agree with this. We had our fantasy draft last night and one of the guys is a diehard Colts fan. Somebody said Luck is retiring and we all thought he was joking, but then we saw the ticker saying it was true. The Colts fan was seriously pissed about it. And he said pretty much what you did. By retiring the way he did, with less than 2 weeks before the season starts, he really put his team in a tough situation.

So I totally understand how the Indy fans would be feeling about this. They were pegged to be a contender this year for a SB run, and just like that Andrew Luck took it away. He's gotta do what he thinks is best for him and his family, but Daaaaaam, it was a harsh thing to do to his fans and his teammates.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see them being upset at the timing as well but I don't think he planned it. I think this latest setback was just the proverbial last straw. Sometimes fans take all of this way too serious though. They really had a shot at a SB run this year, I thought though so that is not going to be an easy pill to swallow.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, I agree with this. We had our fantasy draft last night and one of the guys is a diehard Colts fan. Somebody said Luck is retiring and we all thought he was joking, but then we saw the ticker saying it was true. The Colts fan was seriously pissed about it. And he said pretty much what you did. By retiring the way he did, with less than 2 weeks before the season starts, he really put his team in a tough situation.

So I totally understand how the Indy fans would be feeling about this. They were pegged to be a contender this year for a SB run, and just like that Andrew Luck took it away. He's gotta do what he thinks is best for him and his family, but Daaaaaam, it was a harsh thing to do to his fans and his teammates.

You have to look at it from Luck's POV though. I doubt Luck was just waiting to screw the Colts but when he got injured again he probably knew he had nothing left and decided to call it now over going on IR or having a shitty injury plagued season because he feels like he HAS to play.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to look at it from Luck's POV though. I doubt Luck was just waiting to screw the Colts but when he got injured again he probably knew he had nothing left and decided to call it now over going on IR or having a shitty injury plagued season because he feels like he HAS to play.

No doubt it was a tough decision for Luck to make. I'm just saying I totally understand why he is going to be hearing boos from a lot of Indy fans. Especially in the short term. Over time I'm sure Indy fans will more or less forgive the guy, but for right now the cut is so fresh that Indy fans are going to be feeling the sting for a few months at least.

This isn't an indictment on Indy fans either. I think every fan base would be rightly pissed if their franchise player (that they were really counting on) suddenly announced they were going to be quitting effective immediately. It's probably worse for Indy fans right now simply because the Colts were a legitimate contender to go all the way this season. If they were in complete rebuild mode and only expected to win 3 or 4 games this year I think their fans wouldn't be so gob smacked by this announcement.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He kinda fucked the team over with the timing of his decision. I'd boo too if I were a Colts fan.
You'd boo your own grandmother.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts fans don't deserve a good team.