• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colorado's new HC wants the PAC-12 to pussify their scheduling

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so if there are 7 people at a BBQ and 5 Burgers did almost everyone get a burger?

Impossible for me to answer because nobody worth a shirt serves burgers at a BBQ. At a BBQ you serve BBQ.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC & Stanford play ND every year on top of a 9 game conference schedule and most every year they manage to fit in a home & away OOC with another P5. They've been doing it for years now.

...and yet, after this year, Alabama and Washington will both have played 11 P5 OOC regular season opponents this decade...you must still waiting for your Pac-12 balls to drop. We've even played the same number of ranked P5 teams over that span...4. That's where the similarities end though. We're 4-0 by an average score of 41-15, you're 0-4 by an average score of 44-21. Looks like some schedules could use some pussification.

Is a team that hasn't beaten a ranked OOC opponent in 6487 days really a legit contender.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and yet, after this year, Alabama and Washington will both have played 11 P5 OOC regular season opponents this decade...you must still waiting for your Pac-12 balls to drop. We've even played the same number of ranked P5 teams over that span...4. That's where the similarities end though. We're 4-0 by an average score of 41-15, you're 0-4 by an average score of 44-21. Looks like some schedules could use some pussification.

Is a team that hasn't beaten a ranked OOC opponent in 6487 days really a legit contender.
Not difficult for your conference to have teams that stay ranked when they don't play their own conference members. There's a reason the SEC teams play less regular season P5 teams than all of the other P5 conferences including the ACC. No balls.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not difficult for your conference to have teams that stay ranked when they don't play their own conference members. There's a reason the SEC teams play less regular season P5 teams than all of the other P5 conferences including the ACC. No balls.

What does any of that have to do with ranked OOC opponents? IF anything, you should have more ranked OOC opponents...as we have several OOC opponents that would be ranked if we hadn't beat them. Conversely, you have several opponents ranked in the 20's that would likely not be ranked if you had done that one simple thing...WIN.

6487 days, lol. SAD. Maybe you should petition the Big West for entry...you could probably be competitive nationally...in the FCS.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does any of that have to do with ranked OOC opponents? IF anything, you should have more ranked OOC opponents...as we have several OOC opponents that would be ranked if we hadn't beat them. Conversely, you have several opponents ranked in the 20's that would likely not be ranked if you had done that one simple thing...WIN.

6487 days, lol. SAD. Maybe you should petition the Big West for entry...you could probably be competitive nationally...in the FCS.
Not tough to have opponents ranked at the end of the season when you play in a no testicle transgender conference that not only refuses to play it's own conference members but also plays the least amount of regular season P5 opponents on average compared to the other four P5 conferences.

Last edited:

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several South Carolina legislators proposed making it state law that Clemson and South Carolina play the in-state schools when the rule changed to allow one FCS game to count towards bowl eligibility in order to keep the guarantee money in the state of South Carolina instead of it going to schools elsewhere. Both schools agreed to play the instate schools to prevent the legislature from getting involved in scheduling, but if the ACC and/or SEC were to adopt it I have no doubt that the law would be passed and last time I checked state law supersedes any conference rule. And I would imagine that once one state adopts the law others would quickly follow to protect their in-state schools.

I get that it’s helping the instate schools. So let’s just make it a rule that if you want to play 1 FCS school, it needs to be in your state. I understand not every state has an FCS team but tough shit. There are plenty of G5’s that would get their ass kicked by an FCS school. An yes I understand scheduling a G5 is different that scheduling an FCS.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the Big10 "recommended" that none of their members play a 1-AA.

4 Big10 teams play 4 1-AA's this year. Hell, the first game of the year has South Dak St @ Minnesota on 8/29.

There are 39 other 1-AA's on future Big10 schedules thru 2028. Only Ohio St and Mich are currently not
scheduled to play a 1-AA. I remember Michigan scheduling a 1-AA once, and it didn't turn out well at all.

If the P5 broke away from the NCAA, they wouldn't be allowed to play any NCAA member.

If the Big10 wants to fill their bowl slots, yearly they have to have their members play 1-AA's, because 1/2 of them
would struggle vs good MAC teams.

I understand the P5’s would have to play each other instead of G5’s and FCS teams. I don’t think that’d be the worst thing in the world.

An while I’m not a B1G fan, I wouldn’t be throwing shade on them if I was a fan of an ACC team.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me see if I can help.

@BamaDude is suggesting that playing an extra pac team Waters down the game because the pac sucks.

Or something like that.

No that was @AlaskaGuy who made that claim. He said that PAC teams have more losses because they play each other. He called it a "Mathematical fact" that that PAC sucks.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No that was @AlaskaGuy who made that claim. He said that PAC teams have more losses because they play each other. He called it a "Mathematical fact" that that PAC sucks.
I sure and the fvck hope you didn't go to college. It's a mathematical fact that conferences that play more conference games suffer more losses. It's one of the main reasons those no testicle southern teams refuse to play their own conference members seeing how it would put a hit on getting all those teams bowl eligible while keeping them ranked.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though listening to all these southern boys make excuses for their sorry ass scheduling reminds me of all those gender confused Californians explaining why they give sanctuary to illegal aliens.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure and the fvck hope you didn't go to college. It's a mathematical fact that conferences that play more conference games suffer more losses. It's one of the main reasons those no testicle southern teams refuse to play their own conference members seeing how it would put a hit on getting all those teams bowl eligible while keeping them ranked.
You hope I didn’t go to college to learn 3 grade math? LMAO!

You’re the one to said the SOS of the PAC sucks because they lose to each other… not me.

Probably one of the dumbest things I've read from you on the hoop, including in the PF.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You hope I didn’t go to college to learn 3 grade math? LMAO!

You’re the one to said the SOS of the PAC sucks because they lose to each other… not me.

Probably one of the dumbest things I've read from you on the hoop, including in the PF.
Further proof education in the SEC is lacking. I have a GED and it only took me a few seconds longer than it took my 9 year old niece to figure it out.

I'm going to give you a math lesson and I don't want you to ever forget that I have a GED.

Conference X plays a five game conference schedule and conference Y plays a four game conference schedule while playing OOC cupcakes at home instead of home & home's with it's fellow conference members. When two conference members play against each other one of them is going to lose. That is a mathematical fact.

Conference X
1. Team Alpha
2. Team Beta
3. Team Charlie
4. Team Delta
5. Team Echo
5. Team Foxtrot

Conference Y
1. Team Golf
2. Team Hotel
3. Team India
4. Team Juliet
5. Team Kilo
6. Team Lima

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That typo next to Team Foxtrot was driving me nuts but my time expired to edit the post.

Conference X
1. Team Alpha
2. Team Beta
3. Team Charlie
4. Team Delta
5. Team Echo
6. Team Foxtrot

Conference Y
1. Team Golf
2. Team Hotel
3. Team India
4. Team Juliet
5. Team Kilo
6. Team Lima

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forget what year it was a few years back. Kentucky won ONLY 2 conference games and won 4 easy OOS games, then went to a bowl and was throttled by Pitt. More than likely a 9 conference game schedule keeps them out of a bowl. There are countless 5 win teams in conferences that have 9 conference games. If those conferences would adopt an 8 game schedule there would be more of those conference teams bowl eligible. Just sayin

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the P5’s would have to play each other instead of G5’s and FCS teams. I don’t think that’d be the worst thing in the world.

An while I’m not a B1G fan, I wouldn’t be throwing shade on them if I was a fan of an ACC team.

As for the Big10...Henry Ford said it the best. "You can't earn a reputation on what you are going to do."
They can talk all day long about cleaning up their schedules, but with 12 of their 14 teams having 43 games
with 1-AA's scheduled over the next 8 years, I'm not impressed.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a GED

it shows.

A larger conference guarantees more bottom feeders. Having a small conference is no excuse for having a shitty SOS. Stop trying to justify. It makes you look pathetic.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it shows.

A larger conference guarantees more bottom feeders. Having a small conference is no excuse for having a shitty SOS. Stop trying to justify. It makes you look pathetic.
How's it feel to get schooled in math by a poster with a GED.

btw tell UF you want your money back.