• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

College Football Playoff Rankings TOP 6

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't really matter what the top 4 is now, just like every year. I do think Washington should be in the top 4 but we will see how they fare against the rest of their shitty schedule. They have played one team with a pulse all year, that being said they have dominated most of their competition and are undefeated, cant argue with that. A&M has a very good win at Auburn, Washington has the good win against Utah. I don't see a huge difference except A&M lost to the number 1 team. The Pac 12 is pretty weak overall though.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lel, Across the Field melting down again. Comes in pissed off, spouts off and then backtracks immediately. Must be another day on the hoop.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, there's a whole month+ of games left in the season, so there's little reason to worry about how the top six are seeded right now. I would have thought that Washington would be ranked ahead of A&M, but I also would have thought that Louisville would have been ranked ahead of Ohio St.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a 2 loss team from the biggest joke of a P5 conference deserves a spot in the playoffs over a 1 loss team from the SEC or Big 10? Who else do you want in the winner of Conference USA or the MWC?

I only like the idea of auto bids for the conference winners if the playoffs are 6 or 8 teams. 8 would be the best. The P5 champs, the top ranked G5, and two wildcards. Then if you aren't top 7 ranked then you have no reason to cry.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see everyone trashing A&M. One Washington fan has tried to, and he's proven he's a jackass in his short time here. You yourself just acknowledged the ranking was a little unexpected, it's okay to discuss and debate it.

You mean the comment about Tyrone Willingham being on the committee and is personally sticking it to Washington cause he was fired for tearing the program down into Division II style of play?

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the comment about Tyrone Willingham being on the committee and is personally sticking it to Washington cause he was fired for tearing the program down into Division II style of play?
Lol, I missed that one.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, everyone doesn't know that. There is a lot of football left and anything can happen. Especially for teams that haven't been tested yet (like Washington). Am I claiming that A&M will definitely be in the playoff? No. I'm just saying that as of right now A&M has more impressive wins than Washington. Can Washington jump the Aggies? Yes, but they have no margin for error.
Now Washington hasn't been tested? I don't think anyone would try to argue their resume matches up with some other top teams, but I think you're going a little extreme with some of these statements trying to overcompensate.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Washington hasn't been tested? I don't think anyone would try to argue their resume matches up with some other top teams, but I think you're going a little extreme with some of these statements trying to overcompensate.

Washington has had 1 test and that was Utah. The rest of there schedule so far has been against lesser competition. I don't think I'm being extreme or over compensating for anything.

Jchurch06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is laughable how upset people get over these first rankings. Chill, so much football to be played

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington has had 1 test and that was Utah. The rest of there schedule so far has been against lesser competition. I don't think I'm being extreme or over compensating for anything.
I'd say saying 'hasn't been tested' is by definition an exaggerated and extreme claim if you're going to acknowledge they have been tested once...

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, everyone doesn't know that. There is a lot of football left and anything can happen. Especially for teams that haven't been tested yet (like Washington). Am I claiming that A&M will definitely be in the playoff? No. I'm just saying that as of right now A&M has more impressive wins than Washington. Can Washington jump the Aggies? Yes, but they have no margin for error.
It would take a legitimate miracle for A&M to make the playoff. Alabama would need an unheard of rash of injuries in order to allow A&M a chance to win their division. Is there a fraction of a chance? Sure. >1%.

As of right now, maybe they do. They also have a loss. Will Washington jump A&M if they run the table? Without a shadow of a doubt. Washington controls their own destiny; A&M doesn't.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a difficult thing to see because it's not there. There is nothing on Washington's resume this year that says they are better than A&M. As it stands now, Washington's wins do not stack up to A&M's wins. If Washington wins out, I have no problem with them jumping A&M. Honestly I thought A&M was going to be somewhere between 5 and 7 in the initial rankings. Being #4 was a surprise to me as well. All of this will play out and getting in an uproar off the initial ranks is ridiculous, but that's what we do on the hoop.

It's not that I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, it's the fact that everyone is busy trashing the team I am a fan of. You would defend your team if the roles were reversed.

lets not pretend A&M has a ton of quality teams. It is still better than Washignton, but not murders row. Their best win is Auburn and they were in complete disarray at the time. Outside of Auburn:

UCLA: 3-5
Ark: 5-3 (I dont think they have a win over an FBS team with a winning record)
So Car: 4-4
Tenn: 5-3 and imploding.

What A&M has going for it, is that they caught a few teams early that were ranked highly before we got the necessary information. Wins against ranked Tenn and UCLA are still in the back of the mind as solid wins, but that is going to fade. For that reason I can see how the committee has them on the list.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would take a legitimate miracle for A&M to make the playoff. Alabama would need an unheard of rash of injuries in order to allow A&M a chance to win their division. Is there a fraction of a chance? Sure. >1%.

As of right now, maybe they do. They also have a loss. Will Washington jump A&M if they run the table? Without a shadow of a doubt. Washington controls their own destiny; A&M doesn't.

And if anyone here was saying an undefeated UW wouldn't jump a one loss A&M then you might have a point here.

But since no one is, keep up the good work I guess.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if anyone here was saying an undefeated UW wouldn't jump a one loss A&M then you might have a point here.

But since no one is, keep up the good work I guess.
Will do, cowboy.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, who the fuck is Portland State? Some FCS school in Oregon.
Portland State Vikings football - Wikipedia

Before talking shit about A&M having an FCS team on the their schedule, you should make sure you don't have an FCS team on yours.
My point was/is both Washington and Texas A&M play cupcakes. I never said that Washington had a tougher SOS. I said that the Aggies SOS is not any better than the Huskies.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point was/is both Washington and Texas A&M play cupcakes. I never said that Washington had a tougher SOS. I said that the Aggies SOS is not any better than the Huskies.

Which is incorrect at this point. UCLA may suck, but we get credit for playing them.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you but USC up there in the good win category for UW? A team that lost to Stanford
Yes I did and USC will most likely be ranked when they play the Huskies in a couple of weeks.