• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

College Football Playoff Rankings TOP 6

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is incorrect at this point. UCLA may suck, but we get credit for playing them.
LOL, okay I will give the Aggies credit for winning a game against a UCLA team that is in ninth place in the PAC 12 standings.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, everyone doesn't know that. There is a lot of football left and anything can happen. Especially for teams that haven't been tested yet (like Washington). Am I claiming that A&M will definitely be in the playoff? No. I'm just saying that as of right now A&M has more impressive wins than Washington. Can Washington jump the Aggies? Yes, but they have no margin for error.
As of right now, who has Texas A&M beaten, that is "a more impressive win than Washington"? Are you talking about, UCLA, Auburn, Arky, SouthCarolina, Tennessee and New Mexico State?

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Washington hasn't been tested? I don't think anyone would try to argue their resume matches up with some other top teams, but I think you're going a little extreme with some of these statements trying to overcompensate.
Good point, the Huskies have been tested just as much as the Aggies have been, to this point of the season. It's just that the Aggies have one loss.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say saying 'hasn't been tested' is by definition an exaggerated and extreme claim if you're going to acknowledge they have been tested once...

So Washington has been "tested" in one game out of 8. That makes a grand total of 2 teams on Washington's schedule with a winning record. That's a good indication that they are one of the top 4 teams in college football.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would take a legitimate miracle for A&M to make the playoff. Alabama would need an unheard of rash of injuries in order to allow A&M a chance to win their division. Is there a fraction of a chance? Sure. >1%.

As of right now, maybe they do. They also have a loss. Will Washington jump A&M if they run the table? Without a shadow of a doubt. Washington controls their own destiny; A&M doesn't.

A&M doesn't need to win the SEC or Bama to lose 2 games I think all it would take is a loss for Washington and Michigan to win out. I wouldn't rank that miracle up there with turning water into wine.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Washington has been "tested" in one game out of 8. That makes a grand total of 2 teams on Washington's schedule with a winning record. That's a good indication that they are one of the top 4 teams in college football.
What? That has nothing to do with whether they are one of the top 4 teams...

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, lets start with Washington

Arizona (2-6)
Stanford (5-3)
Oregon (3-5)
Oregon State (2-6)
#16 Utah (7-2)

Overall: 19-22

Now Texas A&M

#9 Auburn (6-2)
Arkansas (5-3)
South Carolina (4-4)
Tennessee (5-3)
#1 Alabama (8-0)

Overall: 28-12

Good point, the Huskies have been tested just as much as the Aggies have been, to this point of the season. It's just that the Aggies have one loss.

Yup, Washington's SOS is right there with A&M so far.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A&M doesn't need to win the SEC or Bama to lose 2 games I think all it would take is a loss for Washington and Michigan to win out. I wouldn't rank that miracle up there with turning water into wine.
Highly unlikely. A&M's remaining schedule is soft. Odds are, OSU jumps them after this week if we win. Also, Washington will have at least 1, if not two more ranked teams on their schedule. They will have to lose the CCG at least. You need at least two upsets, and that doesn't even count the fact that A&M will have to win out and win out impressively. Again, this would take an absurd amount of unlikely things to happen. Then again, there is always what happened in 2007 I guess.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of right now, who has Texas A&M beaten, that is "a more impressive win than Washington"? Are you talking about, UCLA, Auburn, Arky, SouthCarolina, Tennessee and New Mexico State?

A&M's win vs. Auburn is better than Washington's win over Utah
A&M's Win vs. Tennessee is better than Washington's over Stanford
A&M's win vs. Arkansas is better than Washington;s win over take your pick from Washington's schedule (they are out of teams with a winning record)

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly unlikely. A&M's remaining schedule is soft. Odds are, OSU jumps them after this week if we win. Also, Washington will have at least 1, if not two more ranked teams on their schedule. They will have to lose the CCG at least. You need at least two upsets, and that doesn't even count the fact that A&M will have to win out and win out impressively. Again, this would take an absurd amount of unlikely things to happen. Then again, there is always what happened in 2007 I guess.
Ohio state may jump A&M if they take care of Nebraska this weekend, but will have to take care of Michigan to stay there.

As for Washington losing to USC may take them out, and losing to Washington State would keep them out of the CCG (provided WSU doesn't have 2 conference losses by then).

We are arguing but will you please for the love of Gog, have your Tribe come from 2 down in the bottom of the 9th to crush the hopes and dreams of cub fans.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, who the fuck is Portland State? Some FCS school in Oregon.
Portland State Vikings football - Wikipedia

Before talking shit about A&M having an FCS team on the their schedule, you should make sure you don't have an FCS team on yours.
I never said Washington had a better OOC schedule. I'm saying Washington's OOC schedule is comparable to TAMU's. With that said, unlike TAMU Washington didn't lose by 3 scores to another team this year.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you are all under-estimating Louisville and Ohio State/Michigan. Using FPI expected win totals, both of those teams are more likely to end with 1 loss than A&M. Using 20 years of BCS/playoff Urban myths, if it comes down to Louisville, A&M, and OSU/Michigan the bet is OSU/Michigan. I still think Washington may get in with 1 loss. I dont see 2 teams from a conference getting in unless it is obvious. Right now I dont see A&M or Louisville as obvious. I might give Louisville the slight advantage, if Clemson finishes #1. That game was on the road and a classic. Not that it should matter, but committee may want to get the Heisman winner in the playoffs

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio state may jump A&M if they take care of Nebraska this weekend, but will have to take care of Michigan to stay there.

As for Washington losing to USC may take them out, and losing to Washington State would keep them out of the CCG (provided WSU doesn't have 2 conference losses by then).

We are arguing but will you please for the love of Gog, have your Tribe come from 2 down in the bottom of the 9th to crush the hopes and dreams of cub fans.
OSU will need to beat michigan, sure. One of those two will end up ahead of A&M. If OSU wins close, there's a chance michigan stays in the top 4 at season's end, given their only loss would be a close one to a CFP team, and they'd also claim three top 25 wins. I'm not sure A&M will end up matching that sort of resume.

Not only that, but I'm not so sure A&M is beating LSU, speaking of taking care of business. They look strong under Orgeron.

Washington could lose to USC, but I have little doubt they take care of Wazzou. They're a weak team parading around as a top 25 team. They're extremely lucky to have the weak schedule they do.

As far as the Tribe goes, I feel more confident today than I did yesterday. I'm hoping like hell the Cubs blew their wad. That said, I don't think I can handle needing to come back from 2 down in the 9th. I can only get so drunk.

:suds:

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A&M's win vs. Auburn is better than Washington's win over Utah
A&M's Win vs. Tennessee is better than Washington's over Stanford
A&M's win vs. Arkansas is better than Washington;s win over take your pick from Washington's schedule (they are out of teams with a winning record)
Washington beat Stanford 44 - 6. Last time I checked, TAMU went into OT with the Vols... the same Vols that got waxed by South Carolina.

And btw, who has Arky beat this year?

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh shit, did they do this already?...

Anyway no, not mad or unhappy if that's what they came up with. We've seen how much they can move from week to week. If UW wins their games they'll be in.

I do think it's weird though, and am curious what the reasoning might be...

You don't schedule anyone Out of conference that is decent.

A&M scheduled UCLA, plus their lost is about as good of a loss as a team can have (to #1 on the road)

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the real rankings?

If so, I'm damn shocked Washington isn't #4. I have no idea why A&M should be #4.

Their statement was made, and that was that you have to start scheduling better schools out of conference. Playing Rutgers, Idaho, Portland State is what is hurting them.

A&M played UCLA and then a bunch of nothings.

I don't think I agree with the ratings, but I think they are just trying to make a statement.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't schedule anyone Out of conference that is decent.

A&M scheduled UCLA, plus their lost is about as good of a loss as a team can have (to #1 on the road)
Check this out. TAMU has 4 OOC games vs Washington's 3 OCC games ... and yes, UCLA is a crap team this year. The SEC teams usually schedule one decent OOC game and three sisters of the poor OOC game .. hence the reason that conference vote 13 - 1 in favor of a 8 game conference schedule.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check this out. TAMU has 4 OOC games vs Washington's 3 OCC games ... and yes, UCLA is a crap team this year.

UCLA is miles better than any OCC team Washington has played. Especially since the PAC is weak this year and so you do have to play any top 10 teams whereas A&M has had Bama and Auburn (11th)