• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

College Football Playoff Rankings TOP 6

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And who said they were a no brainer to beat Clemson?

You, 32 minutes ago, in this thread. When you said "Washington beats them all but Bama. Clemson is not looking like an elite team". Sounds pretty no brainer when you say that Clemson isn't looking elite and state unequivocally that Washington would beat them.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the controversial punt return, give me a break. I'm guessing you didn't watch the game if that's what you're pointing to to try to devalue the UW win.

I was flipping back and forth between games on Saturday, and to be honest catching a nap every now and then ( I work 50-60 hours a week). I did see the punt return live and just knew it was going to be called back. The announcers even thought it was coming back and were surprised it wasn't. Something else I noticed was that Utah had Joe Williams and that's about it. If they would have had a half way decent passing game this would have been a completely different ball game. The punt return having missed calls doesn't devalue Washington's win. The fact that Utah doesn't have a passing game does. If the best win on the resume is that win, you can not make the claim that Washington is an elite team.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You, 32 minutes ago, in this thread. When you said "Washington beats them all but Bama. Clemson is not looking like an elite team". Sounds pretty no brainer when you say that Clemson isn't looking elite and state unequivocally that Washington would beat them.
Again, where did I say no-brainer? When did I state Washington would "unequivocally" beat them? Tone down the drama a bit.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they're an extremely talented, well-coached team who has answered the bell every game this year so far. I think they'd be more competitive with Alabama than A&M was. They have a fantastic, young offense and a very efficient pass rush.

What makes you think A&M would beat them? Struggling at home with bad UCLA and a dumpster fire Tennessee team? Struggling with South Carolina? Beating up on Prairie View and New Mexico State?

I never made the claim that A&M would beat Washington. You stated that Washington would beat A&M, Clemson, and LSU. I would say that a team that can beat 1/2 teams in the CFP top 4 and another top 15 team would need to be elite. So back to my question - What makes you think Washington is an elite team. What on their resume gives credence to your claim?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, where did I say no-brainer? When did I state Washington would "unequivocally" beat them? Tone down the drama a bit.

So what did you mean when you said "Washington would be them all"? Not that they "could" beat them all, or "should" beat them all. You said they "would" beat them all...of which you specify Clemson.

There is no drama, you are speaking in absolutes and then getting upset when questioned about that. Just walk it back if you didn't mean it.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never made the claim that A&M would beat Washington. You stated that Washington would beat A&M, Clemson, and LSU. I would say that a team that can beat 1/2 teams in the CFP top 4 and another top 15 team would need to be elite. So back to my question - What makes you think Washington is an elite team. What on their resume gives credence to your claim?
Watching their highlights, looking at their stats. They look more impressive than A&M, Clemson and LSU. It's not that hard of a concept to figure out.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have a great defense and arguably the best Pro prospect at QB in the country. They look elite at this pt. I would say they have looked like the most complete team in the country this year. They average 46.1 pts a game and give up 15.8. That is vs a less than challenging schedule, so there are still questions, but at this pt they look elite.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what did you mean when you said "Washington would be them all"? Not that they "could" beat them all, or "should" beat them all. You said they "would" beat them all...of which you specify Clemson.

There is no drama, you are speaking in absolutes and then getting upset when questioned about that. Just walk it back if you didn't mean it.
Saying a team would beat another team is simply stating your opinion. Stating it's a "no-brainer" or "unequivocally" would happen is not the same thing. That's a level of extreme I didn't go to, you did.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a great defense and arguably the best Pro prospect at QB in the country. They look elite at this pt. I would say they have looked like the most complete team in the country this year. They average 46.1 pts a game and give up 15.8. That is vs a less than challenging schedule, so there are still questions, but at this pt they look elite.
It's not that difficult of a thing to see. These A&M guys sure woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying a team would beat another team is simply stating your opinion. Stating it's a "no-brainer" or "unequivocally" would happen is not the same thing. That's a level of extreme I didn't go to, you did.

You say they "would beat them" but then claim that isn't an unequivocal statement? Let me help you out

{quote]un·e·quiv·o·cal
ˌənəˈkwivək(ə)l/
adjective
adjective: unequivocal

leaving no doubt; unambiguous.[/quote]

Not leaving much doubt when you say "would beat them".

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that difficult of a thing to see. These A&M guys sure woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

nah, the OSU fans that realized they have no shot at the playoff so he ran in here spouting absolutes and now is pissed that someone dared asked him to clarify...is the one on the wrong side of things.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was flipping back and forth between games on Saturday, and to be honest catching a nap every now and then ( I work 50-60 hours a week). I did see the punt return live and just knew it was going to be called back. The announcers even thought it was coming back and were surprised it wasn't. Something else I noticed was that Utah had Joe Williams and that's about it. If they would have had a half way decent passing game this would have been a completely different ball game. The punt return having missed calls doesn't devalue Washington's win. The fact that Utah doesn't have a passing game does. If the best win on the resume is that win, you can not make the claim that Washington is an elite team.
UW has a great secondly, so just claiming that 'well, if Utah had a better quarterback it would have been a different story' isn't really fair. Not to mention you can say that about any team in any game... 'well, if this aspect of their opponents game was better they'd be in trouble...' :rolleyes2:

Every one of Utah's three touchdowns came off of a second chance that was gifted to them because of a dumb mistake, and one of those was more questionable call than dumb mistake.

They went into a tough road game and pulled out a win, like good teams should do, even if they have a shitty day.

Maybe Washington isn't 'elite', they still have some shit to take care of to prove it one way or the other, but trying to point to this kind of stuff to suggest they aren't is silly.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares they didn't make the first cut.... The have regular games left, they stay the course and will the CTG I'm pretty sure there in.....SEC will kill each other of and I'm sure either Clemson or Michigan get tripped up

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say they "would beat them" but then claim that isn't an unequivocal statement? Let me help you out

{quote]un·e·quiv·o·cal
ˌənəˈkwivək(ə)l/
adjective
adjective: unequivocal

leaving no doubt; unambiguous.

Not leaving much doubt when you say "would beat them".[/QUOTE]
I feel they would beat them. Again, never once did I say "unequivocal". You did, you fucking imbecile. Stop putting words in my mouth and making an ass of yourself.
nah, the OSU fans that realized they have no shot at the playoff so he ran in here spouting absolutes and now is pissed that someone dared asked him to clarify...is the one on the wrong side of things.
LOL OSU has a far better shot of making the playoffs than A&M does and everyone knows this. Don't embarrass yourself any further, ok?

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is a difficult thing to see because it's not there. There is nothing on Washington's resume this year that says they are better than A&M. As it stands now, Washington's wins do not stack up to A&M's wins. If Washington wins out, I have no problem with them jumping A&M. Honestly I thought A&M was going to be somewhere between 5 and 7 in the initial rankings. Being #4 was a surprise to me as well. All of this will play out and getting in an uproar off the initial ranks is ridiculous, but that's what we do on the hoop.

It's not that I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, it's the fact that everyone is busy trashing the team I am a fan of. You would defend your team if the roles were reversed.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a difficult thing to see because it's not there. There is nothing on Washington's resume this year that says they are better than A&M. As it stands now, Washington's wins do not stack up to A&M's wins. If Washington wins out, I have no problem with them jumping A&M. Honestly I thought A&M was going to be somewhere between 5 and 7 in the initial rankings. Being #4 was a surprise to me as well. All of this will play out and getting in an uproar off the initial ranks is ridiculous, but that's what we do on the hoop.

It's not that I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, it's the fact that everyone is busy trashing the team I am a fan of. You would defend your team if the roles were reversed.
And I would agree with this wholeheartedly. A&M isn't going to the CFP this year, and everyone knows it. It just seems like further SEC bias when you put them ahead of an unbeaten Washington team that has looked strong all year.

If OSU was ranked #4 in the CFP rankings this week, I would agree with everyone that it's bullshit. They don't deserve to be ranked ahead of Washington, just as A&M doesn't.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see everyone trashing A&M. One Washington fan has tried to, and he's proven he's a jackass in his short time here. You yourself just acknowledged the ranking was a little unexpected, it's okay to discuss and debate it.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I would agree with this wholeheartedly. A&M isn't going to the CFP this year, and everyone knows it. It just seems like further SEC bias when you put them ahead of an unbeaten Washington team that has looked strong all year.

If OSU was ranked #4 in the CFP rankings this week, I would agree with everyone that it's bullshit. They don't deserve to be ranked ahead of Washington, just as A&M doesn't.

No, everyone doesn't know that. There is a lot of football left and anything can happen. Especially for teams that haven't been tested yet (like Washington). Am I claiming that A&M will definitely be in the playoff? No. I'm just saying that as of right now A&M has more impressive wins than Washington. Can Washington jump the Aggies? Yes, but they have no margin for error.