• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colin Kaepernick

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just wanting some thoughts on his performance yesterday. I honestly think he has earned the right for a shot at the starting job. Maybe not this year, but for sure in the offseason. I think this would be a much better and explosive offense with him under Center as opposed to Smith.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kap has always been competing for the starting spot.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked his performance yesterday. I doubt that the Niners make the change this year, but with a little bit more polishing and experience, Kaepernick really should be the starting QB. He just needs to make quicker decisions, and I think that will come if he gets more game experience. I agree that he brings more big-play potential than Alex Smith.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to improve his pocket presence, and build the confidence to let the balls come out when they need to, but everything he struggled with should improve with experience.

I'd also like to see him work on ball security as well, the way he hold it while he is running scares me, i'd hate to see him turn into mike vick with the fumbles.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I liked his performance yesterday. I doubt that the Niners make the change this year, but with a little bit more polishing and experience, Kaepernick really should be the starting QB. He just needs to make quicker decisions, and I think that will come if he gets more game experience. I agree that he brings more big-play potential than Alex Smith.

Alex Smith knows the offense better so theoretically operates it (manages) and let others 'play make'.

whereas we view Kap as being the playmaker himself.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to improve his pocket presence, and build the confidence to let the balls come out when they need to, but everything he struggled with should improve with experience.

I'd also like to see him work on ball security as well, the way he hold it while he is running scares me, i'd hate to see him turn into mike vick with the fumbles.

Yeah, I remember a play yesterday when he didn't bother to tuck the ball. He was running toward the sideline so maybe he felt safe, but he should still tuck the ball and switch to the hand that is closest to the sideline.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep's best plays were when he just pulled it down and ran, and that's not a good thing when you're a QB in the NFL. He was very hesitant to throw the ball. That's something that more playing time could correct, but we're a team wanting to win now. It doesn't make sense to go with an unproven QB like Kaep when you have a starter your winning with and believe can take you to the Super Bowl. I'm not even sure next year will be the year of the Kaep. It really all depends on what direction the offense is going by the end of the year.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep's best plays were when he just pulled it down and ran, and that's not a good thing when you're a QB in the NFL. He was very hesitant to throw the ball. That's something that more playing time could correct, but we're a team wanting to win now. It doesn't make sense to go with an unproven QB like Kaep when you have a starter your winning with and believe can take you to the Super Bowl. I'm not even sure next year will be the year of the Kaep. It really all depends on what direction the offense is going by the end of the year.

I only saw that on a few of his drop-backs. And it is hard to say that Smith isn't hesitant to the throw the ball either, because I think he is very hesitant (more so then Kap) But that is just based off of Kap's performance yesterday. So it is hard to say who is more hesitant to throw the ball. But you can't say Alex Smith isn't either.
Kap's second half, some of his throws were great and he didn't take long to throw the ball. A few times he should of gotten rid of the ball earlier but he is still young and he was kind of just thrown into the game. During his press conference he the coaches didn't tell him he was going in until right before they were about to take the field.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a matter of gathering experience and playing on gameday levels....

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There were a couple sacks he took yesterday in which I had no doubt that the ball was going to come out. I agree, he needs to secure the ball better when he breaks pocket and/or is running in the open field.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

He needs to do a better job of side-stepping and keeping his eyes downfield, but I thought he did a better job of feeling the pressure and moving to avoid it yesterday than I can ever recall of Smith. Kaepernick took off to run rather than throwing, but I feel like Smith would have just taken sacks in those situations. It's Smith single biggest problem right now, IMO.

Kap showed some promise. He's got the physical ability. And he seems to have a pretty good feel for the game. The big questions are running the offense, seeing the field, and maintaining his accuracy. But after a shaky start, I thought he looked good for his first real game action.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't think kaep is ready to lea this team. He needs to improve on some things, but they were already mentioned above so I won't get into that. I'm interested to see what he can do with a full week of preparation. Unfortunately it's the Bears defense, so it's not very realistic to expect much from him.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have too much on the line right now to polish someone that is raw. Maybe next year.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The issues I saw with CK I thought can be ironed out with just getting game experience and if he played the rest of the season I think he would be slingling the ball around pretty effectively and efficiently.

The question is do you want to take on the struggles and likely lose a couple of games to take the chance he is running on all cylinders come playoff time.

Regarding his performance he does hang on to the ball too long but I did like the fact he was keeping his eyes downfield allowing things to develop but there comes a time when you just need to take the check down and not risk a sack or turnover. Smith is too quick too pull the trigger and CK is taking too long too.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CK's a stud. It's only a matter time before he takes over, IMO. I fully understand the sentiment that you don't mess with this year, but if he plays great while we're waiting for Smith to recover, do you go back to Smith when he returns from injury?

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CK has all the tools to be a starter in the NFL. Except for experience and full command of the play book. I don't think this is the time to make a switch because we are in a battle for a top seed in the playoffs and Seattle is nipping at our heels for the division. Can't go with the unknown in this situation. IMO

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Against a good D, Smith is a better bet because he can protect the ball. But look at what Russell Wilson is doing in Seattle with basically the same formula we use. I have pulled for Smith more than anyone other than one or two guys, but he's limited, and he's not improving his areas of weakness. The sacks are killing me at this point.

I tend to agree that right now we run with Smith, but if we don't literally win the SB, I lean heavily toward giving Kap a shot next year.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a horrendous start I thought Kaepernick did a decent job in the 4th quarter. For a guy with no experience, he did enough for them to win but the defensive and special teams collpases, along with a routine kick that Akers missed in the 4th quarter did not allow him to get that win. I sure hope Smith is back for the Chicago game.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a horrendous start I thought Kaepernick did a decent job in the 4th quarter. For a guy with no experience, he did enough for them to win but the defensive and special teams collpases, along with a routine kick that Akers missed in the 4th quarter did not allow him to get that win. I sure hope Smith is back for the Chicago game.

I wish Smith a speedy recovery, but I wanna see what Kaep can do.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep.