• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colin Kaepernick

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Shaun King: Kaepernick best under 25 year old QBs

I wouldn't say best right now but I actually agree with King in that in terms of the future I believe CK will end up better then those guys.

Mainly because his physical gifts are probably the best among any of the QBs and he's got the best QB coach in the league to develop him. So with his work ethic and Harbaugh's tutelage he should be able to maximize his skill set fully.

I just think out of all the QBs under 25 he's the least polished and once he is polished he's going to be frightening to opposing defenses.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think kap is a step behind griffon and i think luck will be the best qb in the league eventually.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
damn, shaun king got fat. Wasnt sure if that was the same guy I remember from Tampa years back or not. He looks like an olineman now

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaun King: Kaepernick best under 25 year old QBs

I wouldn't say best right now but I actually agree with King in that in terms of the future I believe CK will end up better then those guys.

Mainly because his physical gifts are probably the best among any of the QBs and he's got the best QB coach in the league to develop him. So with his work ethic and Harbaugh's tutelage he should be able to maximize his skill set fully.

I just think out of all the QBs under 25 he's the least polished and once he is polished he's going to be frightening to opposing defenses.

Just wondering if you are judging his polishedness by comparing him to what you think he can be or if it is in general by comparing him to everyone else right now. I don't disagree with either feeling but that came into my mind when reading your post. By the way, I'm not challenging the assertion that he's "not the best right now under 25," just wondering about the assertion that he's the "least polished." Are you talking about all that he's had to overcome from his Nevada offense (not the most pro-ready offense - unless it's a new trend) and what he still needs to work on or a different aspect?

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Dude, put the Quarter Pounders with Cheese down and push away from the table.

I don't think there's any "quarter" to it. Wow!

That's nice to hear, but I don't put much stock in it. His reasons were kind of dumb. He's "more athletic" than Cam Newton & has a big arm. Therefore he's better than the rest of those guys.

Maybe you should have focused on more important aspects of playing QB when you were in the league & you wouldn't have sucked so bad.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
A little topic changeup:

I think Colin probably would have won the Niners a SB last year. Even as a rookie, Colin would've had a better chance of converting a first down or 2 against the Giants last year. And the Giants were a much tougher opponent than the Pats.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little topic changeup:

I think Colin probably would have won the Niners a SB last year. Even as a rookie, Colin would've had a better chance of converting a first down or 2 against the Giants last year. And the Giants were a much tougher opponent than the Pats.

he had nobody to throw to. there would have been interceptions.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All he would've had to have done is play SLIGHTLY better than noodle-arm, and the Niners would've won.

maybe he would have had a big run, but we had nothing left in the passing offense on a crappy field. once the giants took out vernon and that was it for the passing game. but kap didn't look rdy in the preseason and improved a ton since then. i don't think we woulda even had a td with kap starting that game.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little topic changeup:

He might have, but Smith did have the two touchdowns in the first half and he did get adequate yards to tight ends, just not receivers. Smith also did get 15 first downs when the Giants got 20 - 5 first downs are big and third down is where it counts (especially in an OT game), but there are so many people who act like we only had one first down all game and only 3 yards from Smith passing. The OTs of the Rams games this year reminded me a lot of the NFCC game in the first few drives. (Not literally, but it had that feel for most of it - didn't think we were going to do anything but wouldn't have been that surprised if we had - I wish we had that one more possession in OT in NFCC game (if I couldn't just wish for a regulation win).)