• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colin Kaepernick

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
As I said in the other thread:

Remember the deep out to Manningham on the left side of the field? Alex physically cannot make that throw. It was nice to see some velocity on the ball.

I'm very happy w/ Kaep's first real game. He didn't even turn the ball over.

I agree about the Manningham throw. Someone earlier in the thread said that Kaep's best plays were his runs, which you could certainly make a case for, but only because when he runs he does some spectacular things (the TD for example). But he made some damn good throws.

1. The throw mentioned above to Manningham.
2. The 3rd and 18 throw to VD down the middle for 17 (converted a 4th down)
3. The 3rd down conversion to KW on the sideline

There was also a throw in there to Moss that was a great throw.

That being said, he made some bad throws too, like the one to Davis streaking across the field.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree about the Manningham throw. Someone earlier in the thread said that Kaep's best plays were his runs, which you could certainly make a case for, but only because when he runs he does some spectacular things (the TD for example). But he made some damn good throws.

That being said, he made some bad throws too, like the one to Davis streaking across the field.

The difference is simple to me. I'm disapointed when Kaep misses a big play, I never expect Alex to make it in the first place. Now that Vernon down the seam is non-existent I don't recall the last truely impressive big throw by Alex and I'm an Alex supporter.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I don't know which thread to post this, but since it pertains to Kaepernick's play...

First of all, I might punch somebody if the Niners play Alex next week. He's bad enough playing with a sprained finger; how bad is he gonna be against the friggn' Bears' defense with tweetie birds flying around his head? He said his vision was blurry on the TD he threw. The dude needs to sit. For a whlie.

On to my point. Say Kaep plays for a while and plays great in Alex's absence. Alex is slotted to make 9 million next season. Will Alex be the QB next season in that case? (assuming he doesn't win the SB; if he wins a SB there's no way they replace him).

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The difference is simple to me. I'm disapointed when Kaep misses a big play, I never expect Alex to make it in the first place. Now that Vernon down the seam is non-existent I don't recall the last truely impressive big throw by Alex and I'm an Alex supporter.

The first Crabtree TD vs Arizona was a great throw. It wasn't a long pass, but it took balls Smith generally doesn't show.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The first Crabtree TD vs Arizona was a great throw. It wasn't a long pass, but it took balls Smith generally doesn't show.

Exactly, it was not expected and out of character. I'm tired of having such low expectations. I want to expect greatness from my QB and not be shocked every time he flashes a little.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Alex actually throws a great long-ish ball when he throws a bomb (very accurate). He can float it in there very well. His problem is when he needs to throw it on a rope.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Alex actually throws a great long-ish ball when he throws a bomb (very accurate). He can float it in there very well. His problem is when he needs to throw it on a rope.

My memory is short, besides the seam to Vernon which I don't think we've seen this year when was the last deep bomb he threw?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My memory is short, besides the seam to Vernon which I don't think we've seen this year when was the last deep bomb he threw?

55 yarder to Moss vs. Giants - (Pass traveled 51 yards)

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sometimes u need to put the roast in the slow cooker to get a great meal

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He did make some great throws, was it #2 where he had pressure up the middle and hung in there to complete it? That was outstanding.

The worst throw he made was his last of the 4th Qtr, good thing Kyle Williams wasn't looking for it... because it looked like Kyle probably wouldn't have got out of bounds and the team would have lost with 3 Rams ready to pounce on him. Not a big deal though, because like everyone else has said this type of throw goes away with more experience.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[YOUTUBE]vJxVVb7Sv9A#![/YOUTUBE]

Saw this on Kaepernick's Twitter. Was kinda funny to see his mom tease him about Alex Smith.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How 'bout the throws he didn't make like the one where Williams was wide open running free in the end zone? Sometimes the ones you don't make are the real killers.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know which thread to post this, but since it pertains to Kaepernick's play...

First of all, I might punch somebody if the Niners play Alex next week. He's bad enough playing with a sprained finger; how bad is he gonna be against the friggn' Bears' defense with tweetie birds flying around his head? He said his vision was blurry on the TD he threw. The dude needs to sit. For a whlie.

On to my point. Say Kaep plays for a while and plays great in Alex's absence. Alex is slotted to make 9 million next season. Will Alex be the QB next season in that case? (assuming he doesn't win the SB; if he wins a SB there's no way they replace him).

Are you out of your mind? Smith was 19 out of 20 and 7 out of 8 his last two games.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about we give Kaep an actual week to prepare before we make these assumptions. Just one week. I know that's not as much as Alex Smith's 8 years, but surely he needs more than 3 qtrs of football.

I don't know Clyde, because then you are giving the Bears a week to get ready for him. Backup QBs usually do much better in relief when the other team is not prepared for them than they do when the other team knows they are going to start.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's both. He's inconsistent in the pocket, often creating phantom pressure on himself, and he also has trouble making post-snap reads down the field.

Agreed. When he sees man to man he is a very good QB but masked zone coverages still confuse him easily.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said in the other thread:

Remember the deep out to Manningham on the left side of the field? Alex physically cannot make that throw. It was nice to see some velocity on the ball.

I'm very happy w/ Kaep's first real game. He didn't even turn the ball over.

Oh, come on now!