• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colin Kaepernick Calls Richard Sherman "Ridiculous" and "Afraid"

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 years plus and still cant read anything..he had 2 guys open to the left... I cant do it but you would think that's what he was supposed to be able to do...plus the fact he had time and downs to waste...edit- he had 3 guys open to left

If you knew the Seahawks as well as you say you do, you would know that both Kaep and Harbs saw this play as a dagger against us. You probably heard that Sea vs SF is the biggest rivalry in the present NFL. No doubt about it that SF would have killed to end our season, in our house, by beating Sherm, Doug Baldwin, ET, Kam, et al and Pete Carroll all in one whack. That is all they saw at that moment.

That is why that play at that time happened.
It was a bad decision.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, so now it's arguing over if any of the other receivers were open? :doh:

Yes, obviously the under routes were open, but not so much the deep routes. There is a difference between playing off the coverage and being open. If you really look at that gif I see the obvious zone coverage. I'm not sure why every casual fan sees zone and assumes either that the WR's outrun the coverage because they aren't glued to them, or that they are open without understanding how longer routes are actually covered in zone.

Seattle runs a lot of cover 3 where both corners fly deep off the snap (notice the CB on the left of that image going deep without anyone going with him) and a safety normally covers the center of the back (middle third). The strength of this is it's hard to burn them deep and it is balanced for either run or pass with the LB's staying short. The weakness is short routes are often more open and even screens or dumps outside have no coverage, but also don't normally break for many yards.

So yeah, if you want to say every guy doesn't have a suit draped on him like Sherman was on Crabtree then you are 100% correct. To suggest that every single one of them was open to the point where a pass delivered correctly was a slam dunk? No. Watch more film of that defense and how they close on passes in those zones.

What you should be taking away from this is just how bad of a decision Kaepernick really made. Sherman was literally touching him the entire route. Trying to hit a fade on cover 3 is pretty stupid. He missed the obvious signs they were going into what is a common and typical coverage for them and didn't adjust. He should have hit one of the under routes and not gone deep at all. He easily had the flat and at least probably 5 yards out of it and might have hit the RB on the release for maybe even a 10y gain. Instead he did the worst thing he possibly could have done with that coverage and ended his teams season.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, so now it's arguing over if any of the other receivers were open? :doh:

Yes, obviously the under routes were open, but not so much the deep routes. There is a difference between playing off the coverage and being open. If you really look at that gif I see the obvious zone coverage. I'm not sure why every casual fan sees zone and assumes either that the WR's outrun the coverage because they aren't glued to them, or that they are open without understanding how longer routes are actually covered in zone.

Seattle runs a lot of cover 3 where both corners fly deep off the snap (notice the CB on the left of that image going deep without anyone going with him) and a safety normally covers the center of the back (middle third). The strength of this is it's hard to burn them deep and it is balanced for either run or pass with the LB's staying short. The weakness is short routes are often more open and even screens or dumps outside have no coverage, but also don't normally break for many yards.

So yeah, if you want to say every guy doesn't have a suit draped on him like Sherman was on Crabtree then you are 100% correct. To suggest that every single one of them was open to the point where a pass delivered correctly was a slam dunk? No. Watch more film of that defense and how they close on passes in those zones.

What you should be taking away from this is just how bad of a decision Kaepernick really made. Sherman was literally touching him the entire route. Trying to hit a fade on cover 3 is pretty stupid. He missed the obvious signs they were going into what is a common and typical coverage for them and didn't adjust. He should have hit one of the under routes and not gone deep at all. He easily had the flat and at least probably 5 yards out of it and might have hit the RB on the release for maybe even a 10y gain. Instead he did the worst thing he possibly could have done with that coverage and ended his teams season.
That was actually the point everyone agreed on. and also agree that there were other "better" options...but one of your fans then suggested that the rest of them were also covered like a pig in a blanket...there-in lies the debate

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was actually the point everyone agreed on. and also agree that there were other "better" options...but one of your fans then suggested that the rest of them were also covered like a pig in a blanket...there-in lies the debate

I get that, and they too were wrong. Just as wrong as whoever said there were at least 4 others open on that play. The truth is there were valid targets underneath considering there was still enough time on the clock with the TO's they had and didn't desperately need a TD. Time wise the flat was probably the best option as a quick hit out there and having them go OB for a 5y gain gives them another down with closer distance. The RB coming out of the backfield was probably the best option to get yards at the expense of burning another TO.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so is Wilson frankly

Top 10 in passer rating and passing TD's. I'll take it over a bad set of knees and a shitty attitude any day of the week.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you knew the Seahawks as well as you say you do, you would know that both Kaep and Harbs saw this play as a dagger against us. You probably heard that Sea vs SF is the biggest rivalry in the present NFL. No doubt about it that SF would have killed to end our season, in our house, by beating Sherm, Doug Baldwin, ET, Kam, et al and Pete Carroll all in one whack. That is all they saw at that moment.

That is why that play at that time happened.
It was a bad decision.

dude, your romantic rivalry banter has nothing to do with it. The sub par young QB made a bad decision. That's all there is to it.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 10 in passer rating and passing TD's. I'll take it over a bad set of knees and a shitty attitude any day of the week.

that shows a tremendous weakness in league wide quality of play in the parity and free agency era more than it shows him being really good at what he does.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that shows a tremendous weakness in league wide quality of play in the parity and free agency era more than it shows him being really good at what he does.

LOL. I'm not going to bother trying to figure out what you're trying to get at. He's a 2nd year QB and he's top 10 in passer rating and TD passes. That speaks for itself. Just because your guy was a dud doesn't mean that you have to drag other guys who show promise down to their level.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. I'm not going to bother trying to figure out what you're trying to get at. He's a 2nd year QB and he's top 10 in passer rating and TD passes. That speaks for itself. Just because your guy was a dud doesn't mean that you have to drag other guys who show promise down to their level.

theres no my guy involved..who's my guy ? it involves the fact that league wide quality of play is down with younger players starting sooner and players bouncing from team to team. The fact of the matter is quality of play is down and you cant tell me that that many young players are doing that well that early. Its an accepted lower standard.

the 2 so called best teams in the NFC have fundamentally the 2 worst QBs. I don't give a damn how talented you think they are, they aren't that good yet but quality of play is so weak league wide that they end up looking better than they are.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are those " 3 guys open on the left". Funny.....LOB never leaves 3 guys open. Where is this link/image of the three open guys? Bottom line. DunceKaep made a season ending decision on 1st DOWN. What a dunce.:lame:

The receiver standing on the 19 waiting for a quick hit, the receiver making an out pattern at about the 10, and the receiver running a short post route to the end zone. All had opportunities waaaaaay better than the shot to the well covered Crabtree. J/s

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I wrote in the other thread on this, he talked about if his pass was another foot longer Sherman would have been the goat. If Rick Mirer had thrown all of his another foot he might have ended his career with more TD's than INT's. What separates a great QB from an ok QB is not leaving those a foot short in tight coverage.

I think you are misinterpreting his quote. It appears what he was saying was:

"I throw it a foot higher and its a TD." - "And [yet now you think] you're the GOAT"???

As in jest, as in Sherman thinks he is the greatest of all time.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, Kap is coming off like one of those wannabe tough guy **** bitches who can dish it but can't take it.

He can justify mocking another player by mimicking his touchdown dance but cries when someone gives him the choke sign.

He needs to grow up. Period.

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The receiver standing on the 19 waiting for a quick hit, the receiver making an out pattern at about the 10, and the receiver running a short post route to the end zone. All had opportunities waaaaaay better than the shot to the well covered Crabtree. J/s

If Kaepernick takes an extra second to turn and look at those reads, he's most likely stripped of the football from behind. Watch that gif as SF's right tackle was beat pretty badly on that play. The throw was affected by the pressure just enough.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kaepernick takes an extra second to turn and look at those reads, he's most likely stripped of the football from behind. Watch that gif as SF's right tackle was beat pretty badly on that play. The throw was affected by the pressure just enough.

Oh there was definitely pressure. But my point was that the other 3 were in fact open. Had Kaep made a second read.....oh wait, who am I kidding, he can't make a second read. ;)

But I digress, the man in the flat and the receiver running the "out" were open for sure. The receiver running the post may have been helped by the safety cheating towards where Kaep was looking. He had other options and I think we can all agree the poster who said LOB doesn't leave 3 uncovered receivers is wrong.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
theres no my guy involved..who's my guy ? it involves the fact that league wide quality of play is down with younger players starting sooner and players bouncing from team to team. The fact of the matter is quality of play is down and you cant tell me that that many young players are doing that well that early. Its an accepted lower standard.

the 2 so called best teams in the NFC have fundamentally the 2 worst QBs. I don't give a damn how talented you think they are, they aren't that good yet but quality of play is so weak league wide that they end up looking better than they are.

I don't agree. I wouldn't call the quality of league play down. Sure young players are starting more and free agency forces players to move around, but how does that equate to poor quality? Young players bring excitement to the league. I think it is a great mix right now. The last thing I want to see is a league full of "fundamentally sound" older starters every Sunday.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again going full homer.

Say what you want about wilsons production but you cant question his fundamentals.

Look we get it, your a fantasy guy , you want your qb to put up brees or peyton numbers.......seattles team isnt built like that.

Call him a game mngr, call him lucky call him whatever you want but make sure you call him one of 2 qbs with a chance at winning the superbowl tomorrow.

Dropped the mic

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont get it, is rams29jackson a rams fan, a steven jackson fan, a packers fan, or a redskins fan? Or just an all around seahawks hater?

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont get it, is rams29jackson a rams fan, a steven jackson fan, a packers fan, or a redskins fan? Or just an all around seahawks hater?

why do you need to try to classify anything ? you don't even know anything about where I get my screen name idea from. That's more about an individual from the past you don't even know about than a team.

And picking against Seattle doesn't even remotely make me a Seattle hater or prove any form of a motive.

I'm a sports fan-period

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, after watching that gif again, Kaep had that flat rout to the left side that was WIDE OPEN with room to run

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are misinterpreting his quote. It appears what he was saying was:

"I throw it a foot higher and its a TD." - "And [yet now you think] you're the GOAT"???

As in jest, as in Sherman thinks he is the greatest of all time.
No, you missed my point. He didn't throw it another foot higher/longer and that's what makes him like so many other failed QB's before him. The difference between average and choke artist is measured in inches. There are plenty of QB's in history that were often close to a game winning throw, but didn't quite get there. On a day when he threw 2 INT's and gave up a fumble in the 4th quarter you might not want to question if the guy who is taunting you really was the better player that day. Kaepernick single handedly cost his team the NFCCG.

Now as to whether or not another foot would have made a difference, that we will never know. They were on the sideline as it was so its likely anything long enough to actually be past Sherman, who was draped all over the shorter crabtree, would have probably not allowed him to come down in bounds with two feet. If you look closely at that play the only reason Sherman tips it instead of trying to catch it was his proximity to the sideline. He didn't barely get a finger on it, he got his hole hand on it. It's just another example of what a tool Kaepernick is. If he didn't watch the film and see what a complete joke even going that way was, more or less understand that the pass wasn't going to be caught no matter where he threw it, it's proof he is beyond help.
Oh there was definitely pressure. But my point was that the other 3 were in fact open. Had Kaep made a second read.....oh wait, who am I kidding, he can't make a second read. ;)

But I digress, the man in the flat and the receiver running the "out" were open for sure. The receiver running the post may have been helped by the safety cheating towards where Kaep was looking. He had other options and I think we can all agree the poster who said LOB doesn't leave 3 uncovered receivers is wrong.
As I already clearly laid out, not all of them were open and able to catch a ball. If you understand how cover 3 works the only two that likely had a chance at a catch was the guy in the flat to his left and the RB who released through the line. Both of those were for smaller gains. They didn't have anyone on them, but had players where they were supposed to be ready to pounce if he went their way. Neither would have gone for 1oy. The other deep route? That is not open. If you have ever watched cover 3 there were two in position to cover that. The Seahawks are as good as any team in the league at closing on the ball in zone. It really is one of their strengths.

Again, what is clear is that you don't go for the fade route on cover 3, especially when the other teams best cover corner is draped on him the entire way. It was a complete misread of a very basic coverage.