• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ron Rivera has served his purpose and should be dismissed after the season.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Booting RR after a year would be ridiculous. He came here to a team lacking talent and a QB who was at best questionable.

The previous coach had the best 4 year run (record wise) of any coach in the Snyder era. His first year was bad and his last year was laughable as it was apparent to everyone he was dead man walking.

Kyle Shanahan, Sean McVay and Matt Lafluer .... all here under Shanahan are now successful coaches elsewhere. That cannot be ignored.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Booting RR after a year would be ridiculous. He came here to a team lacking talent and a QB who was at best questionable.

The previous coach had the best 4 year run (record wise) of any coach in the Snyder era. His first year was bad and his last year was laughable as it was apparent to everyone he was dead man walking.

Kyle Shanahan, Sean McVay and Matt Lafluer .... all here under Shanahan are now successful coaches elsewhere. That cannot be ignored.
Yeah, I honestly have no response to this thread. Other than this. Lol

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think good coaches have always used their player’s strengths. Then again, good GMs also get players hat actually fit the coach’s scheme. I would also say RR adapted to Cam Newton.

I have been hyper critical of the handling of DH. The second we brought Allen over, I was critical of that decision because of the message it sent. The second we replaced DH with Allen, I thought it was a horrible decision. I do believe on day one, Allen was better prepared to lead the team because of his familiarity with the the offense and the COVID limitations really hurt DH. For that reason, RR and the staff could have easily communicated to DH they were going to start Allen to allow DH to develop and learn the playbook. it would have been a lot easier to replace Allen with DH because there are no true expectations with Allen. It also would have been easy to keep playing Allen if we were winning because of chemistry.

I think it is far too soon to say RR has lost the locker room when a quiet guy like TM says DH has to take some responsibility for himself.
Can't say that I disagree with the fact that good coaches have always used their players strength. Again RR is a good coach, no argument.

Again no argument that part of being a good coach is being able to communicate.Great coaches, on the other hand adapt and are able to have the wherewithal to communicate with every member of his team at their comfort level. They don't get flustered because youngsters today use social media to (often to their own detriment) express themselves. Great coaches speak man to man and privately to their charges and never, ever allow what's discussed to see the light of day. It doesn't matter which player it is, when their HC publicly embarrass them, that relationship becomes strained and noted by every member of the team as "if this is the way that things are done here, I could easily be next." Want to lose the locker room? Keep that kind of old school BS up!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No debate about Snyder, his shit is etched in the Rushmore of ownership fuk ups!

BTW: My post was not a proposal, just an exercise in forward thinking. I believe that hiring Ron Rivera had many layers to it, none with the reasoned confidence that this man has a championship mettle.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old school is working for Pete Carroll and Mike Tomlin. Add BB and that counts for most of the Super Bowls won in the last 10 years or so. He isn't coaching anymore but Tom Coughlin was as old school as you can get and he won two. Not sure if you call Andy Reid old school but he doesn't suck.
Nonsense! Every one of those coaches adapted to the offensive minded rule changes and (this is important) the type of personnel coming out of school. In fact, Harbaugh who I count among them, structured his entire offense around the skillset of his QB. Carroll did the same thing, as did every one of the others. Teams weren't blowing up Rivera's phone after he was dismissed in Carolina and truth be told, now that he's here in the graveyard for older head coaches, it's likely his last stop as a head coach.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we are not even half way into season 1 of a new coach/OC/DC and multiple staffers, I have no idea why we are tossing around any type of conversation about dismissing RR after the season. Let's look at a few important points as to why I think RR is not only a GREAT place holder for a team/organization that was in disarray, turmoil, broken trust and multiple scandals but a leader of men.

*RR walked into a fire storm, albeit willingly. We are talking storm as in the owner has been a crud for 20 years
*Team name change
*Top LT elects to not join the team because of fire storm
*RR learns he has cancer
*RR played the game for many years
*RR took Carolina to the SB
*RR had a winning record in Carolina
*RR is very well respected in NFL coaching circles
*RR calls it like he see's it, no BS about what he thinks of player A, B or C
*RR is about building a culture, doing things the right way and using hard core discipline he learned in his military family upbringing
*RR brought some degree of respect and accountability to DC the moment he stepped through the doors. The guys going out the door had none!
*RR is a leader of men which is evident from every former player and current players who have said the same. They believe in this coach, unlike the last one.
*RR deserves the chance to "change the culture", and turn this team around from its past years of total dysfunction and idiots running the show which is what he was hired to do.
*RR deserves his 5 year contract to see if he can right the course of this ship before handing off to some young gun you all prefer to take his place.
*In RR I trust until I do not.
I I'm still around in 5 years or whenever he's gone. Let's revisit this conversation.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reactions: DJ

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't say that I disagree with the fact that good coaches have always used their players strength. Again RR is a good coach, no argument.

Again no argument that part of being a good coach is being able to communicate.Great coaches, on the other hand adapt and are able to have the wherewithal to communicate with every member of his team at their comfort level. They don't get flustered because youngsters today use social media to (often to their own detriment) express themselves. Great coaches speak man to man and privately to their charges and never, ever allow what's discussed to see the light of day. It doesn't matter which player it is, when their HC publicly embarrass them, that relationship becomes strained and noted by every member of the team as "if this is the way that things are done here, I could easily be next." Want to lose the locker room? Keep that kind of old school BS up!

I don’t think they are mad that players use social media. I think players continually break the rules set forth by coaches and organizations regarding social media.

You don’t think the players are aware of the rules? You don’t think the coaches first go and communicate with the players in private about their abuses of social media?

Players of today are the same as children of today. They think they should make the rules and don’t respect authority.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RR may be a dinosaur, but he needs more than one season to instill a culture change thag has been necessary around here for going on two decades.

The man is a “Dude” to borrow Chase Young’s
phrase. He walks the ealk and talks the talk, and the WFT needs him around at least a few more seasons for consistency’s sake.

Frankly, I LOVE seeing the WFT make appropriate halftime adjustments that allow them to stay in the game.

It’s refreshing to have competent coaching staffs, at least on defense (offense tbd).

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Stymietee

I actually like idea of moving on from RR sooner rather than later. Other than the drafting of Gibson, Young was kinda a no brainer, I can't say I've been impressed with anything he's done really. The only way your exercise would have a chance though is if the owners remove Snyder which given all the dust that was kicked up this year. I thought had a reasonable chance of happening, maybe it still does. I guess we'll see after the NFL concludes its investigation .

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not counting Marty who's season as Redskins HC was really just a practice year for him before moving on the Dago. Or Norv, who had a very good 99 season, but had his 00 season hijacked by Snyder. Gibbs 2.0 has been the most successful long term (4 years or more) coach in the Snyder era, Not that that's saying a whole lot. There's only been 3 with 4 seasons or more, Gibbs with 64 games, Shanny with 64 games and Gruden with 85 games

Gibbs 30-34 reg season, .469 winning % - postseason play in 2005 n 2007 both as WC playoff record 1-2

Shanny 24-40 reg season .375 winning % - postseason play in 2012 as NFC East Champs playoff record 0-1

Gruden 35-49-1 reg season .418 winning % - postseason play in 2015 as NFC East Champs playoff record 0-1

And your last sentence is also key. Those are 3 current HCs in the NFL all of whom have had good to very good success as HCs. They were right under Snyder's fuckin nose for multiple seasons and he had no fuckin clue. Now what makes anyone think Snyder could actually identify, much less pick a young gun who has the makings of a good to great HC? Anything that man touches related to football personnel matters turns to hot dog shit piled on top of smoldering horse shit.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Stymietee

I actually like idea of moving on from RR sooner rather than later. Other than the drafting of Gibson, Young was kinda a no brainer, I can't say I've been impressed with anything he's done really. The only way your exercise would have a chance though is if the owners remove Snyder which given all the dust that was kicked up this year. I thought had a reasonable chance of happening, maybe it still does. I guess we'll see after the NFL concludes its investigation .
I knew when I posted the thread that it was an exercise in forward thinking which had nearly zero chance of actually happening. For the record I have never indicated that Rivera was a bad coach. I do say that in spite of all of the support he's getting on this board, it is instructive to take a close look at the reasons why Carolina decided to move on from him.

Someone wrote a real nice supporting piece on him that suggested his being a player's coach. They told of reports of players saying that they would run through walls for him , yet despite all of this, there was enough of something else that caused the Panthers to reluctantly release him.

I know that Rivera is a good choice to give stability, improved character and a long needed culture change to this moribund organization. Internally, they have employed some of the best and brightest young minds in the game today and let them slip away. As we speak, there's another who's going to be available once again at the close of this season, but in typical Washington fashion, he will probably go to Dallas while this organization rolls aimlessly from maybe this can work to naw same old shit...over and over again.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RR may be a dinosaur, but he needs more than one season to instill a culture change thag has been necessary around here for going on two decades.

The man is a “Dude” to borrow Chase Young’s
phrase. He walks the ealk and talks the talk, and the WFT needs him around at least a few more seasons for consistency’s sake.

Frankly, I LOVE seeing the WFT make appropriate halftime adjustments that allow them to stay in the game.

It’s refreshing to have competent coaching staffs, at least on defense (offense tbd).
To quote you, "It's refreshing to have competent coaching staffs, at least on defense ( offense tbd) "

Says everything that there is about being optimistic about the possibility of reaching such a low bar.

Reactions: gob

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not counting Marty who's season as Redskins HC was really just a practice year for him before moving on the Dago. Or Norv, who had a very good 99 season, but had his 00 season hijacked by Snyder. Gibbs 2.0 has been the most successful long term (4 years or more) coach in the Snyder era, Not that that's saying a whole lot. There's only been 3 with 4 seasons or more, Gibbs with 64 games, Shanny with 64 games and Gruden with 85 games

Gibbs 30-34 reg season, .469 winning % - postseason play in 2005 n 2007 both as WC playoff record 1-2

Shanny 24-40 reg season .375 winning % - postseason play in 2012 as NFC East Champs playoff record 0-1

Gruden 35-49-1 reg season .418 winning % - postseason play in 2015 as NFC East Champs playoff record 0-1

And your last sentence is also key. Those are 3 current HCs in the NFL all of whom have had good to very good success as HCs. They were right under Snyder's fuckin nose for multiple seasons and he had no fuckin clue. Now what makes anyone think Snyder could actually identify, much less pick a young gun who has the makings of a good to great HC? Anything that man touches related to football personnel matters turns to hot dog shit piled on top of smoldering horse shit.
Gruden's entire record counts but he was 1 game under .500 from years 2-5. Clearly year one was bad and as mentioned he was dead man walking in your 6. I am not even sure why they brought him back .... or why Gruden came back except for the money.

Dan wouldn't know a good HC, GM, QB or anything else if it was standing in front of him with a sign around it's neck saying "Good HC" etc.. I was not a huge fan of the RR hiring but he is here for at least two more years if his health holds up.

Funny, I think Dan and Bruce were holding each others sacks so tightly they just blew out Mike Shanahan. I was dying for Kyle to be the future coach He is the BEST coach that has been here since Gibb one. I also don't think he was going to stay. He knew what an ass Dan was.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping for McVay stepping in after the Shanahanniganz went down myself. But it is what it is.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kevin O'Connell gets a HC job and turns out to be legit. We're officially giving Snyder a coaching tree of his very own. First go to the most fucked up outfit in the NFL, faithfully put in your time, get your vaccinations and build up your immunity to the suckage being directly exposed to you, go somewhere else and become a baller HC tree.

That doesn't have to be the name, it's not derogatory enough to Snyder, but that bastard is getting a tree for real.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kevin O'Connell gets a HC job and turns out to be legit. We're officially giving Snyder a coaching tree of his very own. First go to the most fucked up outfit in the NFL, faithfully put in your time, get your vaccinations and build up your immunity to the suckage being directly exposed to you, go somewhere else and become a baller HC tree.

That doesn't have to be the name, it's not derogatory enough to Snyder, but that bastard is getting a tree for real.
I did not know whether to give you a laughing face or a winner face. That post deserved both. You can call it the Undeveloped Great Coaches Tree.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add Eric Schaffer and potentially Kyle Smith to that list

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not know whether to give you a laughing face or a winner face. That post deserved both. You can call it the Undeveloped Great Coaches Tree.

Not derogatory enough and not indicative of why the tree was really planted.

The Daniel Snyder Not All Blind Squirrels Find A Nut coaching tree. Or something like that.