• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colin Kaepernick > 2012 Rookie QB class

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Falcons.
The Lions.
The Cowboys.
The Giants.
The Packers.
The Saints.
The Bengals.

And one could make a case for the Broncos, Texans & Steelers.

The Niners' strength on offense in the OL. It's the best in the league.

I was talking about in the context of who we are talking about in this thread. Those teams have no bearing on this.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uhm what? They already said 6-8 month and he should be back for camp and preseason. I see no reason to think he won't be back playing. He is a hard worker.

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the question with him, and the rookie QB's is can they keep doing this next year when teams have as much film on them as they do?

That is what would make me lean towards Luck (a more traditional QB) over this new breed of QBs. At some point, when enough film is available, the Pistol Offense, the Read-Option Offense will be somewhat neutralized I feel. I guess only time will tell...

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep and Wilson are tied at the top for me.. followed by RGIII

I dont care for Luck and dont think he's close to the top 3 rookies.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhm what? They already said 6-8 month and he should be back for camp and preseason. I see no reason to think he won't be back playing. He is a hard worker.

I see no reason to think he's going to come back at 100%. Few people ever return at 100% after that surgery.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tearing a ligament isn't the same as it used to be. People come back from tears every year. Shit, Peterson just did this year. I see no reason to think he won't return to 100%. Especially with Dr. Andrews doing his surgery.

Titanlova09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the best scrambler? By what i have noticed he is the best scrambler. Excited for this Super Bowl.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tearing a ligament isn't the same as it used to be. People come back from tears every year. Shit, Peterson just did this year. I see no reason to think he won't return to 100%. Especially with Dr. Andrews doing his surgery.

Peterson is the exception. Not the rule. A surgically repaired knee is no guarantee that Griffin returns to the field exactly the way he was before he tore it.

I do agree that I think he's the more polished passer than Kaep at this point, but I'm happy with our guy after watching the post-Garcia era at QB for this franchise.

I think Kaep will be around longer, because he doesn't SEEM to be as reckless as RGIII. He also appears to be more durable.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peterson is the exception. Not the rule. A surgically repaired knee is no guarantee that Griffin returns to the field exactly the way he was before he tore it.

I do agree that I think he's the more polished passer than Kaep at this point, but I'm happy with our guy after watching the post-Garcia era at QB for this franchise.

I think Kaep will be around longer, because he doesn't SEEM to be as reckless as RGIII. He also appears to be more durable.

And on the 49'ers that is fine, I can buy that because your QB doesn't have to be great to win. You have a great team. If I'm most teams I'd take Griffin over him because Griffin is a better player.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And on the 49'ers that is fine, I can buy that because your QB doesn't have to be great to win. You have a great team. If I'm most teams I'd take Griffin over him because Griffin is a better player.

ken dorsey with 2 legs is better than griffon with 1 leg

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even if you're assured he's going to miss games because of injury? If you're not on the field, you're not helping the team.

I'm not saying it's guaranteed, but his rookie season isn't a great sign for the future.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if you're assured he's going to miss games because of injury? If you're not on the field, you're not helping the team.

I'm not saying it's guaranteed, but his rookie season isn't a great sign for the future.

People get injured, it happens. Griffin could be out of the league next year or he could never get hurt again. Same could be said for Kaep, give me the better QB every time regardless of outsider factors.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not getting into the discussion in depth, but out of Luck, RG3, Wilson and Kaep... who has the better offense around him?

I luv me some Kaep and I want him to stay.... but Luck and Rg3 are legit as well. Wilson is a one pump chump...

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not getting into the discussion in depth, but out of Luck, RG3, Wilson and Kaep... who has the better offense around him?

I luv me some Kaep and I want him to stay.... but Luck and Rg3 are legit as well. Wilson is a one pump chump...

Id say Kaep does. He def has the best offensive line which helps immensly. I'd put Gore right there with Morris and Lynch maybe a little better. I'd say Kaep def has the best TE and I'd say the best WR's too. But if you want to put Indy's WR's at the same level as Kaeps I wouldn't argue much.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Who would u take SICKNESS?

You mean Kaep VS Luck, RGIII or Wilson?

I'd definitely take Luck over Kaep. The other two? I don't know. I'd probably go w/ Kaep 'cause his potential is as high as anyone's in the NFL.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree. Wilson is the real deal. Dude is a leader and can really throw the ball. Now could he lead a bad team? Probably not. But he doesn't really have good WR's around him. What he does have is a great RB and a great D which helps immensely. If they are smart they will draft him a legit #1 WR.