• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colin Kaepernick > 2012 Rookie QB class

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So you believe Ken Dorsey could be better than Griffin?

First of all, the excessive lol's & ha ha ha's make you look 12 years old. Especially at a reasonable statement. Second of all, he qualified the statemnet "with one leg."

With ONE freeking leg. So yes, his non-sequitur was true.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randy Moss is twice the player Santana Moss ever was. Santana Moss quit being good about 2 years ago.

who would ever argue this? you missed my point but i see in another post that you get the point that its not clear cut.

I wouldnt trade the niners receivers for wash or indy but its just because of preference not because they are far better.

Moss/ Garcon produced 12 tds

Wayne/ Hilton produced 12 tds

Crabtree/ Manningham produced 10 tds

Like i said the only areas that really stand out is the Oline and defense.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, the excessive lol's & ha ha ha's make you look 12 years old. Especially at a reasonable statement. Second of all, he qualified the statemnet "with one leg."

With ONE freeking leg. So yes, his non-sequitur was true.

No it wasn't. Like someone else said, Griffin in a wheel chair is better than Dorsey.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who would ever argue this? you missed my point but i see in another post that you get the point that its not clear cut.

I wouldnt trade the niners receivers for wash or indy but its just because of preference not because they are far better.

I think part of that is that Crabtree and Manningham had to play how many games with Smith? You have to take that into account.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I wouldn't say SF has superior WR's to Indy, Washington or Seattle. Well, maybe Seattle. But not by a lot. Rice and Tate are both capable WR's. Where SF is clearly superior is in passes going to TE's and RB's.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what would make me lean towards Luck (a more traditional QB) over this new breed of QBs. At some point, when enough film is available, the Pistol Offense, the Read-Option Offense will be somewhat neutralized I feel. I guess only time will tell...

I dont know what time will tell you but 1/20/2013, Ck showed me that he can complete 16/21 passes for 233 yards in the Pocket with two of those being dropped.

Right now the offense is effective and he is doing what is asked of him. By watching film, he knew he had to make throws from the pocket and let gore/LMJ do the running. IMO, CK will just be fine if the read-option fades away

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Kaep and wouldn't want any other QB. He is as mentally tough as it comes. His potential is sky high and we got him for cheap. Isn't he locked into his current contract for the next two seasons under the current CBA? There is no re-negotiating rookie contracts within the first 3 years, right?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know what time will tell you but 1/20/2013, Ck showed me that he can complete 16/21 passes for 233 yards in the Pocket with two of those being dropped.

Right now the offense is effective and he is doing what is asked of him. By watching film, he knew he had to make throws from the pocket and let gore/LMJ do the running. IMO, CK will just be fine if the read-option fades away

Good point. As Eric Allen said on ESPN, Kaep can win the game inside the pocket as much as he can outside the pocket. What a nightmare to game plan for if you are the opposing defense.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correction. It would be one more year that Kaep is unable to renegotiate his contract. Sometimes I forget he is not a rookie.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Here's the thing about Kaepernick...

Any of the QBs mentioned would look great in this offense IMO. Kaepernick has as much time to throw the ball as Brady did in 2007. Not only is the OL great, but defenses have to key on the run. If they blitz and it's a run, they're screwed (unless it's a run blitz to the correct spot).

If the Niners had a true #1 WR, I don't know that it would be possible to defend that offense. If they had a center and a #1 WR... wow.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing about Kaepernick...

Any of the QBs mentioned would look great in this offense IMO. Kaepernick has as much time to throw the ball as Brady did in 2007. Not only is the OL great, but defenses have to key on the run. If they blitz and it's a run, they're screwed (unless it's a run blitz to the correct spot).

If the Niners had a true #1 WR, I don't know that it would be possible to defend that offense. If they had a center and a #1 WR... wow.

This Oline took awhile to improve. They were awful with pass protection and we've seen what Kap was able to do with pressure in his face or when the pocket collapses. Same thing with Russel Wilson and RG3. They may not have the Oline that Luck wishes he had but these three have done a phenomenal job of extending plays and still getting the ball to the receivers in tight windows (this is what separates Kap from the rookies, his pinpoint accuracy is insane!)

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
This Oline took awhile to improve. They were awful with pass protection and we've seen what Kap was able to do with pressure in his face or when the pocket collapses. Same thing with Russel Wilson and RG3. They may not have the Oline that Luck wishes he had but these three have done a phenomenal job of extending plays and still getting the ball to the receivers in tight windows (this is what separates Kap from the rookies, his pinpoint accuracy is insane!)

Well, Anthony Davis was the 2nd youngest player in the league when he was a rook. A lot of people gave up on him, but I always give a tackle at least 3 years (especially one as raw as Davis was). And the Niners had Adam Snyder at RG last year; Snyder has NEVER been starting material IMO. Boone is far superior to him at RG.

Iupati was a little raw as a rookie too. However, 4 of them have been starting together at the same positions for 2 years now; 3 of 'em have been starting together at teh same spot for 3 years now. And Boone has been with the team for 2 years. 4 of 'em are in their primes and firing on all cylinders, and Goodwin can run-block well enough to keep the unit dominant (he's not a good pass-protector).

The Niners need to keep this unit together above all else IMO. And if they get a center, it'll be like the Cowboys' OL in the 90's (minus the depth at guard of course; they had Kevin Gogan & Ron Stone as backups at certain times).

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way in hell would I take any of Luck, Griffin or Wilson over Kap! Kap is as good or better than all of them right now.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Anthony Davis was the 2nd youngest player in the league when he was a rook. A lot of people gave up on him, but I always give a tackle at least 3 years (especially one as raw as Davis was). And the Niners had Adam Snyder at RG last year; Snyder has NEVER been starting material IMO. Boone is far superior to him at RG.

Iupati was a little raw as a rookie too. However, 4 of them have been starting together at the same positions for 2 years now; 3 of 'em have been starting together at teh same spot for 3 years now. And Boone has been with the team for 2 years. 4 of 'em are in their primes and firing on all cylinders, and Goodwin can run-block well enough to keep the unit dominant (he's not a good pass-protector).

The Niners need to keep this unit together above all else IMO. And if they get a center, it'll be like the Cowboys' OL in the 90's (minus the depth at guard of course; they had Kevin Gogan & Ron Stone as backups at certain times).

Sorry, I should've been more specific. This year, the Oline's pass protection has been overrated. There were great in some games, awful in others. My point is is that I want to know is how the QB would react when the pocket collapses without great pass protection and guys like RG3, Kap and Wilson actually do a great job by escaping and extending plays. People give a lot of credit to Luck because he doesn't have the Oline these other players have. I think he's given wayyyyyy too much credit. I can still see guys like Wilson, Kap and RG3 doing a great job in Indy as well. I KNOW Luck would've been great in SF but there's no way I'm taking him over someone like Kap who has exceptional physical tools that brings a lot more dimension to this offense. And his throws? Just unbelievable.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sorry, I should've been more specific. This year, the Oline's pass protection has been overrated. There were great in some games, awful in others.

I think you would agree that the pass protection has been A++ in the playoffs though?? Kaep has had all day to throw the football.