• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colin Kaepernick > 2012 Rookie QB class

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, can one of you in this thread explain to me how much better of a weapon crabtree is oppose to wayne? Washington had a running back that is being considered for rookie of the year, moss, and garcon(i know he battled injuries). how did they not have weapons?

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't mean he isn't a better QB. He is a better QB, just an injured one right now.

I guess I've been answering who I'd want. I could care less who's better if they are damaged goods or will have short careers. The only game I watched with RGIII was SEA and he was damaged by then. No way I can compare the two on what I have for reference in terms of ability.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say that he needs to win a Super Bowl first, but I'm getting the impression that even that won't matter... looks like Kaep is going to get dropped in the Dilfer category by non-49ers fans... "anyone could win with that 49ers team"

Which is weird because the 49ers have advanced this year because of a strong performance by the QB and subsequently the offense in both games. When last year it was the defense carrying the team.

I don't agree that fans will place him there because he is having a huge effect on their winning. However compared to the QB's he is being compared to in this thread he easily has the best all around team. Better D, better O-line, better running game, better WR's and TE's.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I've been answering who I'd want. I could care less who's better if they are damaged goods or will have short careers. The only game I watched with RGIII was SEA and he was damaged by then. No way I can compare the two on what I have for reference in terms of ability.

RGIII, if healthy is the most dynamic player in the league. Bar none. If he comes back 100 % next year and they get him a legit #1 WR to go with Morris, Fred Davis coming back, and their best defensive players coming back, that will be a dangerous team.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RGIII, if healthy is the most dynamic player in the league. Bar none. If he comes back 100 % next year and they get him a legit #1 WR to go with Morris, Fred Davis coming back, and their best defensive players coming back, that will be a dangerous team.

Damnit Tubbs, you're getting my hopes up. The only problem is we don't have a 1st round pick the next two years and we're dealing with that bullshit cap penalty this year.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck has had to do far more with far less, so I'd take him first. RGIII is way too vulnerable to injury, and Wilson is fantastic, but Kaep has better physical tools and it looks like mentally he is as tough and smart and hardworking as Wilson. So the only person I'd take now over Kaepernick is Luck. Also keep in mind this is his 10th start, whereas RGIII and Wilson have started the whole season. I don't think Kaep has mastered everything he is going to yet.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree that fans will place him there because he is having a huge effect on their winning. However compared to the QB's he is being compared to in this thread he easily has the best all around team. Better D, better O-line, better running game, better WR's and TE's.

Ill give you better D, O line, and running game(colts only), but I think Wr and TE is just your opinion

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RGIII IF healthy and that is a big if right now, is a better passer and runner than Kaep. So its a question of do you go with more talent and vulnerability or less talent and less vulnerability. With SF as good an all around team as they have Kaep may be the better choice. But if healthy RGIII would make SF much more dangerous than Kaep.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who has better WR's and TE's than SF?

Reggie Wayne Caught 106 balls for over 1300 yards and I believe yates and avery both had 800 yards receiving. The colts TEs have better hands and route running. Im not saying they are better but its debatable.

Before CK took over the offense no one was calling Crabtree a #1 receiver

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if im wrong but wasnt washington something like 6-1 with Garcon in their line up? how do you not consider him a weapon?

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if im wrong but wasnt washington something like 6-1 with Garcon in their line up? how do you not consider him a weapon?

I think that just coincided with their ridiculous post-bye week run. Granted, yes, he does add something to our offense, but I still don't think he's a legit #1. It's been the same story in DC for a while now, have a couple #2's but no true number one guy.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reggie Wayne Caught 106 balls for over 1300 yards and I believe yates and avery both had 800 yards receiving. The colts TEs have better hands and route running. Im not saying they are better but its debatable.

Before CK took over the offense no one was calling Crabtree a #1 receiver

Wayne is all they had. Luck made 2 rookie TE's, a rookie WR and a guy who other teams pretty much threw away in Avery into good players.

Garcon was out most of the year, Moss is over the hill.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that just coincided with their ridiculous post-bye week run. Granted, yes, he does add something to our offense, but I still don't think he's a legit #1. It's been the same story in DC for a while now, have a couple #2's but no true number one guy.

I hear you, its the same way most Niner fans felt about Crabtree before CK entered the starting line up. #2 guys are still weapons

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think you watched too many Colts games? Yates made some great plays and made luck look just as good as he made him look.

Well if santana moss is over the hill, then what is randy moss???

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randy Moss is twice the player Santana Moss ever was. Santana Moss quit being good about 2 years ago.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always kinda been iffy about Luck. I mean, yea he's a pretty good comeback QB, but think about it -- maybe if he was playing like he did in the 4th quarter in quarters 1-3, maybe they wouldn't have to eek out those wins?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Who has better WR's and TE's than SF?

The Falcons.
The Lions.
The Cowboys.
The Giants.
The Packers.
The Saints.
The Bengals.

And one could make a case for the Broncos, Texans & Steelers.

The Niners' strength on offense in the OL. It's the best in the league.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uhm...