• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk: 7 Words You Can't Say to Jack Johnson

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cbc kids ok GIF by CBC

Seriously this is why he told Americans they can get residency in Russia if the democrats win. These stupid MAGATs think they would go to Russia and give a good life. Nope as soon as they arrive they will be sent off to war.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cbc kids ok GIF by CBC

Seriously this is why he told Americans they can get residency in Russia if the democrats win. These stupid MAGATs think they would go to Russia and give a good life. Nope as soon as they arrive they will be sent off to war.
I really hope they go

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna say I don't have concerns about public housing and government being in the landlording business but when you frame a plan as "the government will ensure land is used for X and will also turn a profit from it" and try to frame that as outrageous I get a little confused.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna say I don't have concerns about public housing and government being in the landlording business but when you frame a plan as "the government will ensure land is used for X and will also turn a profit from it" and try to frame that as outrageous I get a little confused.

The replies on that thread, lol... I don’t really have a problem with the idea itself, but it’s hard to say if it will be done properly or if they’ll hire legitimate contractors, as governments tend to screw that up. Still, I think it’s a decent concept. But man, the replies... no matter what a government does, the opposition will always call it 'diabolical.' We’re really failing as a society

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^

The tweet author is even more unhinged than Brian Lilley. Maybe not quite as bad as Ezra Levant, but he's in the ball park lol

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my bad if it was posted but ... "he couldnt cross the line" ... "of doing what was right" lmao :pound:

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.. no matter what a government does, the opposition will always call it 'diabolical.'
"We're helping the victims of the Hurricanes"

"THIS CANNOT STAND!"

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The replies on that thread, lol... I don’t really have a problem with the idea itself, but it’s hard to say if it will be done properly or if they’ll hire legitimate contractors, as governments tend to screw that up. Still, I think it’s a decent concept. But man, the replies... no matter what a government does, the opposition will always call it 'diabolical.' We’re really failing as a society
It's not even so much the construction phase that's the issue - governments will always end up paying more for construction no matter what, and they only have themselves to blame. It's that they have a hard time maintaining the housing stock in good order and the tenants can be outright disgusting in how they caretake and there isn't really any remedy bar invading their privacy. It's a no-win scenario.

But regardless, that's the key point, the nonstop attempt to just completely shit on every idea the other guy has and frame it as something so atrocious and dangerous rather than "hey, here's a policy idea, you get to vote on whether you like it or not!" which is how we're supposed to be doing this.