• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk: 7 Words You Can't Say to Jack Johnson

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

That's my bank lol

Live picture in the @dash household.

ZzB.gif

(the picture is of his great grandson)

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Live picture in the @dash household.

ZzB.gif

(the picture is of his great grandson)
Thats actually me when I withdrew half my holding of Nvidia out of my tfsa at TD to pay my GC for my house addition ... wish I looked that happy at the time :pout:

/ wait ... that was actually my GC

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TD's defence was "What's the big deal? We've been doing this in Canada for decades".

Probably doesn't matter to anyone who DIDN'T spend 15 years investigating financial crimes at a competitor bank, but the bank was not found guilty of laundering money. They were found to have ignored the Anti-Money Laundering rules that all banks in the US are required to follow which is a series of safeguards and alerts that are supposed to identify customers who are laundering money though your bank.

The rules are very stringent, and I worked with the AML people in my bank a lot when they had reason to believe that employees were helping "customers' avoid the rules.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe is really fighting the urge to let the expletives fly.
He almost did yesterday, albeit a light one. He said he didn't "know what the hel- *heck*" Trump is talking about with the Helene response.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Probably doesn't matter to anyone who DIDN'T spend 15 years investigating financial crimes at a competitor bank, but the bank was not found guilty of laundering money. They were found to have ignored the Anti-Money Laundering rules that all banks in the US are required to follow which is a series of safeguards and alerts that are supposed to identify customers who are laundering money though your bank.

The rules are very stringent, and I worked with the AML people in my bank a lot when they had reason to believe that employees were helping "customers' avoid the rules.
When I worked at HSBC we would hear about all of the stupid shit that went on in the states.
We were on a deferred prosecution deal for like 5 years where we could have lost access to the US banking system. Like not just the ability to do business there, but we wouldn't have been able to process US payments or transfers for clients.

They had apparently bought some regional bank in southern Texas to expand the footprint, and neglected to do any due diligence on why the bank was so profitable. They were basically right on the border, and accepting suitcases full of cash for deposit.

The our clients ask why we are putting them through the AML ringer when we were dirty as fuck. They had a good point.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna say I don't have concerns about public housing and government being in the landlording business but when you frame a plan as "the government will ensure land is used for X and will also turn a profit from it" and try to frame that as outrageous I get a little confused.

In the US, we call them prison. Privatized prisons..

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe know where you are.

I mean, if you've been there it's pretty plain to see that while it is a sort of poster child for urban blight, you can also clearly see that the powers that be are dedicated to demolishing derelict houses, building urban farms and trying to save what they can. Instead of giving up, they are performing CPR.

If that's what Kamala Harris will bring to the whole country sign me the fuck up.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, if you've been there it's pretty plain to see that while it is a sort of poster child for urban blight, you can also clearly see that the powers that be are dedicated to demolishing derelict houses, building urban farms and trying to save what they can. Instead of giving up, they are performing CPR.

If that's what Kamala Harris will bring to the whole country sign me the fuck up.

I wonder if they even tell him after what he did and said