• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coffee Talk: 7 Words You Can't Say to Jack Johnson

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

stinky-peanuts.gif

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, if you've been there it's pretty plain to see that while it is a sort of poster child for urban blight, you can also clearly see that the powers that be are dedicated to demolishing derelict houses, building urban farms and trying to save what they can. Instead of giving up, they are performing CPR.

If that's what Kamala Harris will bring to the whole country sign me the fuck up.
One of my good friends is from Detroit. Until his and his wife's parents passed away they would go back every year. He saw it get worse and worse then better and better. Last time he went he stayed downtown and he said he rode his bike all over town. What used to be horrible areas was now fields and green space. And he said a decent portion of downtown was much better than it was when he lived there. So while its not ideal, they are making an effort that seems to helping somewhat.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking with Trump is just a waste of time and Joe knows it...Why talk with Trump or a MAGA supporter when they're bad faith operators?

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my good friends is from Detroit. Until his and his wife's parents passed away they would go back every year. He saw it get worse and worse then better and better. Last time he went he stayed downtown and he said he rode his bike all over town. What used to be horrible areas was now fields and green space. And he said a decent portion of downtown was much better than it was when he lived there. So while its not ideal, they are making an effort that seems to helping somewhat.

I spent two days in Detroit this summer and I gotta be honest, when I was there I told my son this is a hell of a lot nicer than downtown Pittsburgh is since Covid.

The homeless population in Pittsburgh has grown seemingly 10 times to what it was when I left working downtown in 2019.

Since then I’ve been to Pittsburgh I will say 10 times, mostly for concerts and hockey games and the entire downtown city smells like piss. It’s sickening.

I felt safer and more comfortable in Detroit than I did my hometown

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good thing Michigan isn't a swing state or anything
its yet another tough call for voters... this time in Michigan

One guy is basically calling the biggest city in the state a hell scape

And then the sitting governor fed a potato chip to some chick who hosts a podcast called "chip chat"

tough day for Michigan voters indeed

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its yet another tough call for voters... this time in Michigan

One guy is basically calling the biggest city in the state a hell scape

And then the sitting governor fed a potato chip to some chick who hosts a podcast called "chip chat"

tough day for Michigan voters indeed

I do recall several years ago a guy from the great state of Michigan having quite the epic meltdown on this board. He and @KennyBanyeah had some great exchanges lol