• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching News From Around the League

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adam Caplan:

Colts promoted asst. OL coach Joe Gilbert to OL coach.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mary Kay Cabot:

In addition to Joe Cullen as DL coach, #Browns announced they hired Louie Cioffi as DB coach and Shane Steichen offensive quality control.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pete Roussel:

Sources tell me Bruce Arians has offered the tight ends job to Austin Peay head coach Rick Christophel

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jason Cole:

Philly GM Howie Roseman said the team may add a personnel man to fill the role Ryan Grigson (dir plyr persnl) held before he went to Indy.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Inside the Panthers

Panthers to hire Dorsey as QBs coach

MOBILE, Ala.

The Panthers again are staying in-house to fill a coaching position.

Panthers coach Ron Rivera is expected to hire Ken Dorsey, one of the team's pro scouts, as his quarterbacks coach, a source with knowledge of the situation said Tuesday.

Dorsey, 31, joined the scouting department two years ago after working with former Panthers quarterback Chris Weinke at IMG Academy, where they trained Cam Newton during the lockout before Newton's rookie season.

Dorsey is the winningest quarterback in University of Miami history, posting a 38-2 record and leading the Hurricanes to the 2001 national title. Dorsey, drafted in the seventh round by San Francisco in 2003, was 2-11 as a starter with the 49ers and Cleveland. He also played with Toronto in the CFL in 2010.

The Panthers promoted three assistants last week – offensive coordinator Mike Shula, receivers coach Ricky Proehl and special teams coordinator Richard Rodgers. They also re-hired running backs coach Jim Skipper, who was on John Fox's Panthers' staff for nine years before spending the past two seasons with the Tennessee Titans.

--Joseph Person

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rich Cimini:

Jets showing interest in former NFL star/Fresno State DB coach Tim McDonald for position on coaching staff, per reports out of Fresno.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mary Kay Cabot:

Browns HC Chud says Norv Turner will also be coaching QBs, in addition to calling plays as OC.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ben Volin:

#Eagles have hired Dave Fipp as their new special teams coordinator. Was Asst ST coach for Miami last two years

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rich Cimini:

Jets set to hire Fresno St DB coach Tim McDonald, ex NFL star, as secondary coach: source. Has only 1 yr college/pro coaching exp.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think you have to give Weeden a shot to conpete with whoever they decide to bring in. Alex might be a great fit for them. I believe they are on the cusp of having a really great defense under Horton. You're absolutely right about their TE situation.

This is a team that really needs to look at FA to upgrade a couple spots on their offensive line, TE, a pass rusher, and another Cb to play opposite Joe Haden. I do think they are having the best offseason this far, though.

There were numerous quotes on Weeden in this thread, just quoting the last one.

Cleveland Browns won't yet commit to Brandon Weeden as starter - ESPN

I didn't realize that the Browns had 6 different coaches since 1999. I knew they had a lot, but six was high. Chud might not last either. So I don't know if I want Alex there, because I don't see Alex as a franchise saver. I just think he could lead some teams that have a good foundation. No, I don't share the idea that everything needs to be perfect, like some do. I just know that he needs some help. I also didn't realize that Norv has had 5 RBs lead the league in rushing while he was coach of the team (whether that be OC or HC). LaDamian and Gore obviously are two of his best.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Clarence Hill:

Former Cowboys defensive line coach Brian Baker has been hired by the Cleveland Browns as outside linebackers coach

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mary Kay Cabot:

Browns have hired former Colorado coach and former #Redskins and #Chiefs assistant Jon Embree to coach tight ends.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Joe Person:

Panthers defensive asst Bobby Babich joining Rob Chudzinski as #Browns asst secondary coach. Is son of new Jags def coordinator Bob Babich.