• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching News From Around the League

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he did that coming off the gates though which would be normal or the "initiation" of becoming of HC. Not every coach candidate could chose where to go when being a HC. But with Reid's distinguish resume and experience, I would think he would do himself better by going to a team with less rebuild to it.

He's not in his 50s, or 40s where he could take the time to build up his program/team, I would think he would go off to a club where the pieces are there but the injection of a solid scheme/coach is needed.

So you think he SHOULD go to a place with more pieces in place because he can write his own ticket. Ok, I probably wouldn't have responded had you written that instead of:

"that's TOO much of a rebuild IMO for him. He needs a more established team or a team with not too many holes."

Not sure which HC openings have more pieces in place than KC, maybe CHI? KC has the hardest piece to figure out still remaining, QB, but has more pieces in place than the other openings, imo.

Anyway, thanks for clarifying.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was O'Brien with the patriots at the time in regards to the Penn State job

i heard a more recent instance for this playoffs.

but good for him, i would want my coordinators(O/D) to be team first.

I know its about job opportunities and what not, but team first!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only imagine how excited KC is about Andy Reid.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think he SHOULD go to a place with more pieces in place because he can write his own ticket. Ok, I probably wouldn't have responded had you written that instead of:

"that's TOO much of a rebuild IMO for him. He needs a more established team or a team with not too many holes."

Not sure which HC openings have more pieces in place than KC, maybe CHI? KC has the hardest piece to figure out still remaining, QB, but has more pieces in place than the other openings, imo.Anyway, thanks for clarifying.

Idk, i think KC has a lot more holes than pieces. Charles isn't the same but that's not to say he couldn't be good again. Their OL isn't something to brag IIRC, outside of Bowe(who's not that great IMHO), there's no threat in the WR department.

Defensively, i could see more substance and solid players but nothing that's must haves or could be potentials.

I would think Chicago, AZ(they blew it, poorous OL etc... but I feel they have more pieces, or maybe more established pieces to work with), SD have more to work with for Reid.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Albert Breer:

Chargers' brass is traveling to the East Coast today to conduct a handful of GM interviews. Only interview they had so far was Jimmy Raye.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk, i think KC has a lot more holes than pieces. Charles isn't the same but that's not to say he couldn't be good again. Their OL isn't something to brag IIRC, outside of Bowe(who's not that great IMHO), there's no threat in the WR department.

Defensively, i could see more substance and solid players but nothing that's must haves or could be potentials.

I would think Chicago, AZ(they blew it, poorous OL etc... but I feel they have more pieces, or maybe more established pieces to work with), SD have more to work with for Reid.

I disagree with the bolded. I think you could make a case for SD and CHI.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Albert Breer:

Chargers' brass is traveling to the East Coast today to conduct a handful of GM interviews. Only interview they had so far was Jimmy Raye.

Albert Breer:

Chargers plan is to get GM in place, have him be part coaching search. No coach interviews yet. Could do 1 or 2 while they're on East Coast.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i heard a more recent instance for this playoffs.

but good for him, i would want my coordinators(O/D) to be team first.

I know its about job opportunities and what not, but team first!

Was it the OC in ATL?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Albert Breer:

Albert Breer:

Chargers plan is to get GM in place, have him be part coaching search. No coach interviews yet. Could do 1 or 2 while they're on East Coast.

Jason La Canfora: Chargers have interviewed just Jimmy Raye for their GM job but are hitting the road to talk to other candidates...

Jason La Canfora: Others candidates include Gamble (SF), Caldwell (ATL), Keim (AZ), Ross (NYG), Telesco (IND). SD high on Arians and O'Brien among HC options

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eliot Shorr-Parks:

Jeremiah Trotter on Reid- "I love Reid as a man, but if the talent was equal, we'd lose bc he was outcoached. We'd question him as a defense

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sheeeeeeesh. Another solid name being discussed. I've never seen an offseason where so many solid men are getting job interviews.

Adam Schefter: Andy Reid's first choice to be #Chiefs GM is #Packers director of operations John Dorsey:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dang!

Albert Breer: Also, word around the campfire is that Steve Keim remains the favorite, as he has been all along, to be elevated to GM in Arizona.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sheeeeeeesh. Another solid name being discussed. I've never seen an offseason where so many solid men are getting job interviews.

Adam Schefter: Andy Reid's first choice to be #Chiefs GM is #Packers director of operations John Dorsey:

Andy Reid on verge of agreement with Kansas City Chiefs -- sources - ESPN

While Reid has a warm relationship with Pioli, sources said it is highly unlikely that the former Eagles coach will build his front office with the Chiefs' GM on board if the deal gets done with Hunt. The same sources insist Reid did not demand that former Browns GM Tom Heckert had to be a package deal as the team's future general manager because he still wants to gauge whether John Dorsey, the Packers' director of operations, would consider the position of GM, the sources added.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Aditi Kinkhabwala:

Busy week ahead for Giants director of college scouting Marc Ross. Will interview for GM openings w/ Jets, Panthers, Jags, Chargers.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Matt Maiocco:

Tom Gamble, 49ers director of player personnel, interviewed Tuesday for Jaguars GM job. His next interview is this weekend with NY Jets.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rich Cimini:

Jets scheduled to interview former Browns GM Tom Heckert on Saturday -- if he doesn't land in KC.