• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching News From Around the League

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adam Gase promoted to Denver Broncos O-coordinator - NFL.com

He was an offensive assistant under Martz for 1 year when he was in SF. Martz brought him on board and was reportedly very high on his future prospects.

Albert Breer:

Good move by the Broncos promoting Adam Gase, who worked very closely with McCoy in reconstructing the offense around Manning this year.

... Gase was also part of the Broncos' contingent that worked out and courted Manning last spring, so the QB is comfortable with him.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adam Schefter:

There is a "strong possibility" Florida DC Dan Quinn will return to Seattle to replace Gus Bradley as DC, though CLEV and PHIL interested.

Quinn was a quality control coach with the 49ers in 01-02, the 49ers DL coach from '03-'04, and was Seattle's DL coach in '09-'10 right before he went to Florida to be their DC. From 2000 to 2010 he did not hold the same position in the same place for more than 1 season. From 2003 to 2010 he was never in the same city.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Zach Zaidman:

Multiple sources tell WSCR that Rod Marinelli will not be #Bears defensive coordinator under new head coach Marc Trestman.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Zach Zaidman:

Multiple sources tell WSCR that Rod Marinelli will not be #Bears defensive coordinator under new head coach Marc Trestman.

Sean Jensen:

As I noted yesterday, Marc Trestman was open to having Marinelli stay, but Rod is very close with Lovie Smith and preferred new start

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sean Jensen:

As I noted yesterday, Marc Trestman was open to having Marinelli stay, but Rod is very close with Lovie Smith and preferred new start

Sean Jensen:

While Marinelli is under contract, Trestman certainly doesn't want any coach around who doesn't want to be here, especially 1 so influential

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brad Biggs:

If #Bears LB coach Bob Babich explores opportunities elsewhere, I expect #Jaguars & #Panthers to be on list. He is tight with Gus Bradley.

#Bears players will be devastated. But if Jon Hoke is promoted -- and everyone believes he's more than ready -- that would be welcomed

Last edited by a moderator:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Babich is worthless, but Marinelli hurts. I imagine that would lead to a pretty big roster turn-over as well. :pout:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brad Biggs:

If #Bears LB coach Bob Babich explores opportunities elsewhere, I expect #Jaguars & #Panthers to be on list. He is tight with Gus Bradley.

#Bears players will be devastated. But if Jon Hoke is promoted -- and everyone believes he's more than ready -- that would be welcomed

Sean Jensen:

One name to keep an eye on: Auburn defensive coordinator Bryan VanGorder. He was at Wayne State with GM Phil Emery and has strong resume.

Bears GM Phil Emery was also in Atlanta with Brian VanGorder, where he was linebackers coach and defensive coordinator of Falcons.

If not defensive coordinator, Brian VanGorder could be a linebackers coach since Bob Babich (Lovie Smith's brother in law) won't remain

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sean Jensen:

Phil Emery said Darrell Bevell was eliminated from the final 3 who interviewed because he didn't have head coach experience.

GM Phil Emery on Trestman: "I’m very happy with that choice, and I want to talk about what separated Marc from the other candidates."

Phil Emery highlights Marc Trestman's work with quarterbacks, running top-rated offenses and leading Alouettes to two Grey Cup titles

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Albert Breer:

If the Seahawks can lure Dan Quinn back, what a huge coup that would be. I've talked to execs who think he's a future NFL head coach.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brad Biggs:

Marc: "We've got to put together a staff of high character. Men who are experts in the science of football."

Marc: "I'm going to be responsible for keeping Jay and our quarterbacks safe in the pocket."

Marc: "On the offensive side it starts and ends with the quarterback." He has talked about protecting the QB about 4 times already.

Marc says he wants to catch up with NFL after being out of the league for 8 years.

Marc: "We're going to go hip-to-hip with the quarterback." Says he will be in meeting room with coordinator, and QB coach.

Marc: "I had a chance to talk to Rod. He's made up his mind I believe to move on."

------------

Jason La Canfora:

Browns announced Norv Turner as O coordinator, to surprise of no one. Interviewing Raheem Morris for D coordinator today

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Chris Mortensen:

Bears coach Marc Trestman says Rod Marinelli will move on. Translation: Cowboys are the expected landing spot, reuniting with Monte Kiffin.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brad Biggs:

Trestman will meet with Emery to discuss situation of defensive staff. Have to imagine DB coach Jon Hoke could be considered for DC role.

Marc: "Every QB is special at the professional level. Playing the QB position, are you kidding, it is the most difficult position 2 play."

Marc: "These guys are tough guys, they are gym rats. They are wired differently.. That is why I have always been attracted 2 working w/ them

Marc: "The No. 1 marriage in all of sports is between the quarterback and his coach
."

-----------

Sean Jensen:

Bears coach Marc Trestman: "Your philosophy is fluid. There’s always nuances that take place, south of the border, north of the border."

Bears coach Marc Trestman on O-C Aaron Kromer: "I had the privilege of coaching with him in Oakland. I watched him grow… He’s evolved."

Trestman on Cutler: "This guy loves football. He wants to be great. And hopefully we can give him some direction and protection..."

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Josina Anderson:

Trestman: I love calling plays.

Trestman says he wants a chance to meet with the current coaching staff. He said he understands what they are going through

----------------------

Brad Biggs:

Marc: "The quarterback is going to have the keys to the car."

Marc doesn't have an answer yet if he sees Brian Urlacher being a part of #Bears

Marc: "I recognize what he's meant to this locker room" about Urlacher.

Marc: "We feel a sense of urgency" to build the staff. "I want to meet and talk to the coaches (from Lovie's staff)."

-------------------

Sean Jensen:

In fairness, Marc Trestman doesn't sound like he's had a chance to evaluate Urlacher's play...