• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching News From Around the League

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brad Biggs:

Marc: "We've got to put together a staff of high character. Men who are experts in the science of football."

Marc: "I'm going to be responsible for keeping Jay and our quarterbacks safe in the pocket."

Marc: "On the offensive side it starts and ends with the quarterback." He has talked about protecting the QB about 4 times already.

Marc says he wants to catch up with NFL after being out of the league for 8 years.

Marc: "We're going to go hip-to-hip with the quarterback." Says he will be in meeting room with coordinator, and QB coach.

Marc: "I had a chance to talk to Rod. He's made up his mind I believe to move on."

------------

Jason La Canfora:

Browns announced Norv Turner as O coordinator, to surprise of no one. Interviewing Raheem Morris for D coordinator today

Cleveland Browns name Norv Turner offensive coordinator; 5 other coaches added to Rob Chudzinski's staff | cleveland.com

The other five are Brad Roll (Strength & Conditioning), Mike Sullivan (Offensive Line) and Scott Turner (Wide Receivers), who is Norv Turner's son.

In addition, Chris Tabor (Special Teams Coordinator) and George Warhop (Offensive Line) will be retained from last year’s staff. Warhop and Sullivan will both have the title of offensive line coach.

George Warhop was the 49ers OL coach from 2005-2008 and was and MAYBE still is considered one of the best OL coaches in the game. He's been coaching OLs since 1984 (college and pro) and other than from '91-'92, where he was the London Monarchs offensive coordinator, has never been anything other than an OL coach. That's rare.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Josina Anderson:

Trestman: I have final say on the staff.

---------------------

Sean Jensen:

Bears coach Marc Trestman says that he has final say about his coaching staff. He's planning to bring assistants from Alouettes here.

--------------------

Brad Biggs:

Marc: "I would expect we have a few guys from the staff (in Canada) come South."

The guess here is Marc Trestman could bring Pat Meyer, an OC for Alouettes, and RB coach Andy Bischoff with him to #Bears staff

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brad Biggs:

Also, one source told me Argonauts head coach Scott Milanovich, former Maryland QB, could possibly join #Bears staff.

-----------

Around the League:

Trestman confirms he will call plays. Was expected.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adam Schefter:

Jacksonville requested permission from New Orleans to interview Pete Carmichael Jr for its OC job. New Orleans still wants to re-sign him.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brad Biggs:

Marc: "I am willing to talk about that a little bit down the road" when asked if Jon Hoke could be a candidate for DC.

Marc on tight end position: "We've seen some transitional phases with tight end football in the NFL."

Marc talks about forcing a defense to defend the entire field, "whether you do it with tight ends or other players."

----------------

Sean Jensen:

Bears coach Marc Trestman didn't rule out a switch to a 3-4, but he also acknowledged the success of the 4-3 with current personnel

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sean Jensen:

Marc Trestman signed a four-year deal with the #Bears

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jason La Canfora:

Ken Whisenhunt didn't end up in AFC West with DEN after talking about their OC job, but every reason to believe he lands there with SD...

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jason La Canfora:

Chargers among the teams interested in Whisenhunt as a coordinator. Working with Rivers would seem to be a great option. Stay tuned

If I am the Cowboys or Jets I'd be trying to land Whisenhunt as well, but recruiting top people into those situations will be tricky

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brad Biggs:

Expect Pat Meyer and Andy Bischoff to come from Alouettes to #Bears coaching staff. Team has not talked to Scott Milanovich.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seattle Seahawks:

Seahawks name Dan Quinn defensive coordinator to replace Gus Bradley.

That was fast.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ian Rapoport is reporting breaking news that Ken Whisenhunt has agreed to become the Chargers offensive coordinator.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sean Jensen:

Bears GM Phil Emery said the decision to interview Mike Singletary was his, and his alone.

Bears GM Phil Emery said Marc Trestman presented 13-month schedule w/every hr accounted for

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mark Dalton:

Confirming that the tm is interviewing Colts OC Bruce Arians today; available at 1 PM to speak w press in @azcardinals media room

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sean Jensen:

Last year I did a list of college coaches who could be future NFL HCs. Dan Quinn was the only ass't to make the list.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brad Biggs:

Unless my eyes were playing tricks on me, I saw Alouettes assistant coach Andy Bischoff in Halas Hall lobby.

Bischoff worked as running backs coach and special teams coach in Montreal and was assistant to Trestman.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Quinn's re-hiring in Seattle logical move - NFC West Blog - ESPN

One question is whether Bradley will be taking his close friend and associate Todd Wash with him to Jacksonville. Wash coaches the Seahawks' defensive line. Quinn's status as former defensive line coach would provide some protection for the Seahawks if the team allowed Wash to accompany Bradley. Former San Francisco 49ers defensive lineman Bryant Young was the line coach under Wash at Florida. Might he come along if Wash departs?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adam Jahns:

A league source said that Pat Meyer, the Alouettes’ offensive coordinator and offensive line coach, was offered a position by the #Bears.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sean Jensen:

GM Phil Emery on former #Bears legend Mike Singletary interview for H-C vacancy: "Mike did a great job interviewing. Extremely prepared."