• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching News From Around the League

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Let's hope one of the competition is dumb enough to do it though. Maybe he could take over in Indy or Seattle and screw up another young QB.

I think Pete Carroll is set for another year or two. Unless they come out super-flat next year. Let's hope for the first two games against them so we can facilitate that, followed by the hardest games.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sheesh. That organization gets another good one.

Jim Trotter:

Not sure if this is in the Twittersphere, but Jimmy Raye is leaving the Chargers to be VP of football operations for the Colts.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Vaughn McClure:

Don't be surprised if Marc Trestman is the last man standing in the Bears' coaching search.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vaughn McClure:

Don't be surprised if Marc Trestman is the last man standing in the Bears' coaching search.

This is what I'm hearing/reading as well. I think Trestman & Cutler could be a dangerous duo

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jason La Canfora:

Browns interviewed Chiefs exec Ray Farmer for their GM position today

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adam Schefter:

Keep hearing former Broncos GM Ted Sundquist was particularly impressive last Thursday when interviewing for Jets GM job. Sleeper candidate.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Report: Bears job down to two | ProFootballTalk

I hope they take Bevell. I'm not particularly impressed with his NFL connections and from what I've gathered, he doesn't really strike fear in me as a big picture kind of guy. Although, I wouldn't mind if he stays with Seattle either for divisional strength purposes. He doesn't scare me.

I've been mildly intrigued with Trestman for a short while. I never had him pegged as a head coaching candidate, but right now I could possibly be talked into buying into him as an offensive coordinator. I couldn't construct a big time argument against him as a head coach based on things he's shown and what I know about him.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sean Jensen:

As I wrote earlier, several different sources believe Marc Trestman is favorite to become #Bears head coach. But Bevell has credentials too

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wanna say your knowledge of all these guys Pozz is nothing short of astonishing. Thanks.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Schefter:

Keep hearing former Broncos GM Ted Sundquist was particularly impressive last Thursday when interviewing for Jets GM job. Sleeper candidate.

The Broncos GM spot is just a title, right? Elway is the guy that does all the GM stuff, right? Because otherwise, if a lot of people are turning down the Jets GM job, it wouldn't make sense for the GM of a top team (regular season) to move to another GM spot that is unwanted. Is it the challenge? Is it the draw of New York? Or is it that Elway's the guy?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He's a freakin guru. A trusted source.

...He taught his British Bulldog to speak French... in Russian.

If someone said, "Oh no he didn't," cances are... oh yes he did.

He bowls... overhand.

He is... the most interesting man on SportsHoopla. :)

mostinterestingmanc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Broncos GM spot is just a title, right? Elway is the guy that does all the GM stuff, right? Because otherwise, if a lot of people are turning down the Jets GM job, it wouldn't make sense for the GM of a top team (regular season) to move to another GM spot that is unwanted. Is it the challenge? Is it the draw of New York? Or is it that Elway's the guy?

Sundquist is the former Broncos GM. I'm guessing you misread what I posted on him? In fact, the Broncos most recent GM (in title), was Brian Xanders, who Elway let go last year in May. Sundquist came before Xanders. The Broncos currently don't have anybody who holds the title of general manager, but Elway is responsible for most, if not, all of the general manager duties.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sundquist is the former Broncos GM. I'm guessing you misread what I posted on him? In fact, the Broncos most recent GM (in title), was Brian Xanders, who Elway let go last year in May. Sundquist came before Xanders. The Broncos currently don't have anybody who holds the title of general manager, but Elway is responsible for most, if not, all of the general manager duties.

Skipped right over the word "former" - sorry about that.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Pozz's reputation expanding faster than the universe?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just wanna say your knowledge of all these guys Pozz is nothing short of astonishing. Thanks.

He's a freakin guru. A trusted source.

...He taught his British Bulldog to speak French... in Russian.

If someone said, "Oh no he didn't," cances are... oh yes he did.

He bowls... overhand.

He is... the most interesting man on SportsHoopla. :)

mostinterestingmanc.jpg

Thanks, Clyde. I try. Real hard. Although, I feel the need to admit that obviously what I read, or really what anybody else reads for that matter, is not always accurate or completely in line with what the reality of something or someone is, which I'm very aware of, so I try very hard to find and record the most trusted information and only keep track of and recite as much true information as I possibly can. I'd love to be in a better position to get better information because then I'd have an even better scope on something or someone. Hopefully that makes sense.

Hammer, thanks, but I don't know about all that.

Sick, once again, thanks for a good laugh. That one was good. I love those.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adam Schefter:

Jacksonville received permission to interview Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell for HC. DC Gus Bradley scheduled to interview for job Weds.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gerry: What are Haley's chances of leaving?

What chance does Todd Haley have to be hired as head coach by the Arizona Cardinals?

Well, maybe not a good one, based on the demands Haley made to the Cardinals during his interview last week.

I have been told that Haley told Cardinals owner Mike Bidwill what he wanted and what he needed to become their head coach. And he set the asking price very high.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adam Schefter:

Seahawks VP/Administration John Idzik is scheduled to interview Wednesday for the Jets GM job.