• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching News From Around the League

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Even though I KNOW college football coaches are among the biggest and best liars in the world, somehow Brian Kelly still convinced me that he had no intention of leaving ND.....shame on me, I was roped in. Man some of these guys are geniuses about obscuring their intentions and ambition.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Manish Mehta:

Another Jets defection: I'm told asst D-line coach Anthony Weaver is leaving to join the Bills. Nine coaches gone in 12 days. Six by choice.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jason La Canfora:

If Mike McCoy gets a head coaching job and Ken Whisenhunt doesn't get a head coaching job, look for Ken Whisenhunt to be Peyton Manning's OC next year.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Even though I KNOW college football coaches are among the biggest and best liars in the world, somehow Brian Kelly still convinced me that he had no intention of leaving ND.....shame on me, I was roped in. Man some of these guys are geniuses about obscuring their intentions and ambition.

Jason La Canfora:

Many I'm talking to expect Brian Kelly to stay at Notre Dame rather than go to PHI. Eagles made approaches on Bill Cowher early in process

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NFL Today: Arians, Whisenhunt pace coach updates; Kelly staying at ND - CBSSports.com

League sources said they do not believe Brian Kelly will leave Notre Dame for Philadelphia, and the Eagles have interviews scheduled for next week. The Eagles are conducting an exhaustive process themselves and, league sources said, they were among the teams to approach former coach Bill Cowher, very interested to gauge his interest in their opening, but Cowher rejected overtures summarily.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not relevant to this thread but reading about all the coaching interviews that are going on really makes me that much more angry at the Titans. It burns me up that after this farce of a season when we set records for defensive futility that the second the season was over and before even considering who might be available, we committed to Munchak who wouldn't even be interviewed for most NFL teams' OL coach position and didn't fire the Defensive Coordinator. Utterly mindblowing, especially when our owner is 90 yrs old and the fanbase are rats scurrying to jump off the sinking ship. Hiring an experienced winner like Lovie would have filled that stadium up for every game next year. As it is, PSAs are not being renewed. As I said in the Titans forum, if they don't impress me with the first draft pick, I'm throwing in with my second love the Chargers for next season. Call me a bandwagon fan (I'm not) but I've been loyal since they moved from Houston and wasn't one of the "fire everybody" fans at the end of most seasons. My loyalty and that of most other fans is at the breaking point. And I already know, next season is going to be more of the same but ownership and front office won't acknowledge there's even a problem. There is zero accountability on this team right now and almost no motivation to put something together on the field.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bruce Feldman:

BREAKING Brian Kelly will be staying at Notre Dame, a source just told CBS.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bruce Feldman:

BREAKING Brian Kelly will be staying at Notre Dame, a source just told CBS.

Daniel Jeremiah:

The new addition to the Brian Kelly house will be known as the "Lurie Wing"

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't get why the Packers think they're playing the underdog. Everyone is picking them.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Schefter: Chiefs name John Dorsey as their GM.

Didn't see this posted yet, sorry if it is a repeat.

Lightyear49er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I've been hearing on the radio and the local news quite a few times over the past couple days here in N. Florida is the Jags want to hire Roman and with that everyone here is convinced that he'll bring Alex Smith to be the new starting QB for the Jags. I seriously doubt he'd want to bring Smith with him but people around here act like Smith is the missing link in the offense! LOL

I'm not trying to put Alex down here either ... it's just these people don't seem to realize that QB isn't the biggest problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Per Schefter: Chiefs name John Dorsey as their GM.

Didn't see this posted yet, sorry if it is a repeat.

Terrible night for GB. Dorsey is considered by many to be a gem. Their personnel department has been stocked for years and they're starting to lose a number of key men in the personnel department and on the coaching staff the last couple seasons.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Manish Mehta:

Another Jets defection: I'm told asst D-line coach Anthony Weaver is leaving to join the Bills. Nine coaches gone in 12 days. Six by choice.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really...as I think about Carolina needs to fire Rivera and hire Roman. Newton and Kap are most similar in my opinion. Big QBs, Big arms, fast......

I'm know QB guru but those two remind me of each other in several ways.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really...as I think about Carolina needs to fire Rivera and hire Roman. Newton and Kap are most similar in my opinion. Big QBs, Big arms, fast......

I'm know QB guru but those two remind me of each other in several ways.

They share some physical talents but mentally... Kaep>>>>>Newton, IMO.