• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching News From Around the League

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rotoworld:

According to FOX broadcaster Thom Brennaman, Seahawks DC Gus Bradley will interview for two head-coaching jobs other than the Eagles.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rotoworld: Jets plan to conduct follow-up interviews with assistant GM Scott Cohen, ex-Bears GM Jerry Angelo, and Steelers director of football and business administration Omar Khan

And somehow, it's looking better and better that the 49ers will keep Gamble. NFL Network reported this morning that the Jets are having a difficult time finding anybody that'll take the GM job, partially because of the cap situation. I have somewhat of a hard time believing that they are having AS difficult of a job filling it as some have suggested, but it's still a mildly interesting situation.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In fact, here's what Jay Glazer posted:

Appearing on FOX NFL Sunday, Jay Glazer said the Jets "can't give the position away" when talking about their general manager vacancy.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jay Glazer:

Mike Nolan told me he'd only leave ATL for the "right" HC job and won't jump at just anything bc of his relationship w Smitty and DiMitroff

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Jay Glazer:

Mike Nolan told me he'd only leave ATL for the "right" HC job and won't jump at just anything bc of his relationship w Smitty and DiMitroff

Why someone would want Mike Nolan as a HC is beyond me. Rarely have I observed someone who was more full of crap than that guy.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Broncos consider replacements for Mike McCoy | ProFootballTalk

According to Chris Mortensen of ESPN, the candidates include younger-than-Peyton Broncos quarterback coach Adam Gase (son-in-law of Saints assistant head coach Joe Vitt), former Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt, and Colts quarterbacks coach (and former offensive coordinator) Clyde Christensen.

Mike Martz brought Gase to the 49ers when he was their OC for one season.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Eagles have interviewed Brian Billick for their HC vacancy.

Billick has gotten so much better as a TV man, but he should be a HC somewhere, in my opinion. I love the guy and there aren't more than 5-10 men in NFL history I'd rather sit down with and discuss football.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Aaron Nagler:

Sources tell me the Oakland Raiders are interviewing Marc Trestman today for their OC job

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Victor Porter:

BREAKING NEWS: Orange RB coach and former pro Tyrone Wheatley will join Marrone and Hackett in Buffalo.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Why someone would want Mike Nolan as a HC is beyond me. Rarely have I observed someone who was more full of crap than that guy.

Agreed. Let's hope one of the competition is dumb enough to do it though. Maybe he could take over in Indy or Seattle and screw up another young QB.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Joe Person:

Former Cleveland #Browns coach Pat Shurmur is in Charlotte today interviewing w/ #Panthers for their off. coordinator job.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Is Howie Roseman a turnoff in Eagles coaching search?

The heart of the article:

Lurie's conducting the search with Roseman and team president Don Smolenski, but Roseman's the one in La Canfora's bull's-eye.

"I wish I had a dollar for every time someone told me one esteemed coach or another advised one of the Eagles' top candidates not to take the job precisely because of Roseman's presence there," he wrote on Sports - CBSSports.com Sports News, Fantasy Scores, Sports Video this morning.

Note the gossiplike reporting: No candidate or "esteemed coach" is directly quoted or named as a source, and all the insinuations seem to no better than second-hand.

Yet no holds are barred.

"The rumblings about Roseman lacking nuance and foresight, about him turning people off with how drunk with power he's become, only grow louder as his coaching search grows stranger," La Canfora writes.

"Roseman isn't the general manager they should tie their wagon to," he continues. "It's clear Chip Kelly wasn't leaving Oregon for anywhere unless he had a large measure of control over the organization, and owner Jeffrey Lurie has already entrusted that to Roseman. There has been trepidation by some candidates to go all-in given the questions about this existing power structure."

Roseman is also "trying to fight a growing perception around the league that he is woefully out of his depth," La Canfora says.

During a rundown of questionable moves in recent years, La Canforda fails to make clear how Lurie absolved Roseman of blame for decisions made before last year.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Schefter:

Eagles confirm they have interviewed former Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt today.

Bengals assistant coach Hue Jackson is interviewing today with the Panthers for their offensive coordinator job.

Jaguars DC Mel Tucker is interviewing today for Jacksonville’s HC job; Rams OC Brian Schotteneheimer interviews Tuesday for Jaguars HC job.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jay Glazer:

Chargers interviewing Broncos' Mike McCoy today and Cards now want to bring McCoy back in for 2nd interview tomorrow

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That stuff about Roseman is interesting. I've always seen him as a Paarage Marathe who rose even higher in PHI.....and always figured he was probably smart and successful at what he does, but hard to deny that franchise hasn't been as effective since he got the reins.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rotoworld:

Bill Belichick announced Monday that ex-Chiefs OC Brian Daboll is re-joining the Patriots' coaching staff, similar to the Josh McDaniels addition last January.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Glazer:

Chargers interviewing Broncos' Mike McCoy today and Cards now want to bring McCoy back in for 2nd interview tomorrow

I hope McCoy goes elsewhere, I don't want to be rooting against a former Utah Ute. I can root outside the division, a little. Outside the conference, a lot. But never against the Niners. McCoy was a QB at Utah, not a coach, so no connection to Alex Smith, other than alumni talk - hardly a reason to get Smith or go to him to get coached.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rotoworld:

Bill Belichick announced Monday that ex-Chiefs OC Brian Daboll is re-joining the Patriots' coaching staff, similar to the Josh McDaniels addition last January.

Now that this is a Patriots thing, they won't preclude this by rule. But if someone else did this, would they change the rule?