• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching News From Around the League

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jacksonville Jaguars:

David Caldwell: I can't imagine a scenario where Tim Tebow would be a Jacksonville Jaguar.

Ha.

Adam Caplan:

My read on this: Khan asked Caldwell if he wanted Tebow, he made it clear that he didn't. End of discussion.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jacksonville Jaguars:

David Caldwell: I can't imagine a scenario where Tim Tebow would be a Jacksonville Jaguar.

Ha.

Adam Caplan:

My read on this: Khan asked Caldwell if he wanted Tebow, he made it clear that he didn't. End of discussion.

Eric Galko:

To my recollection, only 4 teams have had "reported" ties to Tebow: DEN, NYJ, JAX, STL. First three are now out. If Rams say no...then what?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacksonville Jaguars:

Ha.

Adam Caplan:

I know, I know, predictable - but does this mean Roman and Alex Smith to Jaguars? Just throwing it out there, as the move that I thought would prevent Roman from going would be a move for Tebow - and then, if so, they'd go in that direction. But now, with no Tebow, then why not? (Other than other coaches, I'm talking about Roman turning it down.)

Tebow is still a Jet. How can Caldwell talk about Tebow as far as him going or not going there? Isn't that tampering? (I suppose saying you don't want him couldn't really tamper, but still.) I know he didn't say it officially, so I guess he'd be clear either way.

arsenal6106

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, I know, predictable - but does this mean Roman and Alex Smith to Jaguars? Just throwing it out there, as the move that I thought would prevent Roman from going would be a move for Tebow - and then, if so, they'd go in that direction. But now, with no Tebow, then why not? (Other than other coaches, I'm talking about Roman turning it down.)

Tebow is still a Jet. How can Caldwell talk about Tebow as far as him going or not going there? Isn't that tampering? (I suppose saying you don't want him couldn't really tamper, but still.) I know he didn't say it officially, so I guess he'd be clear either way.

When he was asked about tebow, he said something a long the lines of "I can't comment on Tebow b/c he's part of the Jets org. He then went on said the following.

"I can't imagine a scenario where Tim Tebow would be a Jacksonville Jaguar.".

Another reporter quickly asked if that would still be true if Tebow were to be released. Caldwell doubled down and repeated the same statement.

"I can't imagine a scenario where Tim Tebow would be a Jacksonville Jaguar.".

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wonder how many posts I've dedicated to saying that Roman is the favorite for the job? Sheesh.

La Canfora; As we've long noted Greg Roman in good shape for Jags job. Mike Nolan, Vic Fangio, Jay Gruden could get interviews too

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Manish Mehta:

Jets will interview former Bears G.M. Jerry Angelo

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get Roman's ass back to 49ers football....

fucking drop that sh*t and focus on the packers!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he was asked about tebow, he said something a long the lines of "I can't comment on Tebow b/c he's part of the Jets org. He then went on said the following.

Another reporter quickly asked if that would still be true if Tebow were to be released. Caldwell doubled down and repeated the same statement.

Thanks for the information. That sounds like it checks out with both the rule and the information. Good to know.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mark Gaughan:

I hear the members of Gailey's staff have been told they will not be retained by Doug Marrone. All had been relieved of duties with Chan.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kevin Acee:

Talk increasing that SF 49ers OC Greg Roman will be looked at by Chargers. Has done fine job. Oh & he was Tom Telesco's college roomie.

Argh! Arians is still considered the favorite right now, though.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adam Schefter:

Jaguars requested permission from Rams to interview OC Brian Schottenheimer for their HC job, per league source.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Schefter:

Jaguars requested permission from Rams to interview OC Brian Schottenheimer for their HC job, per league source.

Wow, if this happens, Sam Bradford may have to legally change his name to Alex Smith due to the similarity of coaching history.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I wish all this crap was done after the playoffs. Ronan or any other coach can say they are focused all day on the game but its still there future they are looking out for. Seems like too many distractions.

I understand teams want to get there guys going immediately but what will one more month hurt.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I wish all this crap was done after the playoffs. Ronan or any other coach can say they are focused all day on the game but its still there future they are looking out for. Seems like too many distractions.

I understand teams want to get there guys going immediately but what will one more month hurt.

Yep, if it's all uniformly applied, where no team can hire until after the Superbowl, there's no disadvantage. I mean, sure, they could say that they are at a disadvantage to those who go into the off-season already with the GM and HC, but that's why you make the best decision and hope to not need to do it again for a long time. I'd prefer a week or two after the Super Bowl - that way, there's less likely to be pre-negotiating. The OCs for the Super Bowl teams could potentially have a week off, too (but that's not major reason).

One consideration is for college recruits. The coaches may need to know early and I don't blame them for wanting to go to the NFL.

Last edited by a moderator:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:behindsofa:

it's what i've been crying about!!!!

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem is that the combine starts 17 days after the SB, so if you make them wait, they have to rush head coaching hires, Gm hires, assistant hires because those don't get hired until the HC is hired. It would be a real rush for all those teams who fired a coach or GM, so they would in fact be at a distinct disadvantage from those who already have all those positions filled.