• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coach fired for making Bullie run Laps

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF

Anyone who has spent any time on the gridiron — even at a young age — likely knows the typical punishments a coach will dole out if his rules aren’t followed.

There are “suicides,” a grueling running exercise in which participants have to run to the 20-yard line, touch it, then run back to the end zone (then the 30, then the 40, etc.). If you’re in “Friday Night Lights,” there’s running up a muddy hill in the rain then walking back home.

And then there are typical, old-fashioned laps around the field, as in “take a few laps.”

That last one is what Todd Kennedy, then volunteer head coach of Durham Middlefield’s football team in Durham, Conn., made one of his players do after that player bullied a teammate.

It’s also why he was dismissed.

Volunteer football coach dismissed for making boy run laps after he bullied teammate

Now we need a trained Psychologist to punish kids. get the fuck out and run some laps.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF

Anyone who has spent any time on the gridiron — even at a young age — likely knows the typical punishments a coach will dole out if his rules aren’t followed.

There are “suicides,” a grueling running exercise in which participants have to run to the 20-yard line, touch it, then run back to the end zone (then the 30, then the 40, etc.). If you’re in “Friday Night Lights,” there’s running up a muddy hill in the rain then walking back home.

And then there are typical, old-fashioned laps around the field, as in “take a few laps.”

That last one is what Todd Kennedy, then volunteer head coach of Durham Middlefield’s football team in Durham, Conn., made one of his players do after that player bullied a teammate.

Volunteer football coach dismissed for making boy run laps after he bullied teammate

Now we need a trained Psychologist to punish kids. get the fuck out and run some laps.
Too bad they didn't print the names of the board members. Useless fools.

stabnburn

Moderately-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wooooowwwww. I wish the article gave more info on how the "punishment" was reported to whoever decided to fire the coach. If it was the kid's parents, I guess that explains why their son is a bully.

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to publish the board members names and the Bullies Parents I'm sure wear behind this

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF

Wow... all I can say is wow

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad they didn't print the names of the board members. Useless fools.

What don't you understand? It's Connecticut. This state has swung so far left that the pendulum is nearly at 11:30. All of the High Schools get a "Participant" trophy and they no longer have State Championships. They don't want anyone to feel less than anyone else. They don't keep scores at Varsity Athletics anymore.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, our traveling team coach would make you sprint 5 poles in this miserable Bama heat just for missing a ground ball at practice. Nobody bitched to mama and daddy, you just did your best to not miss another damn grounder. He wouldn't even have to say anything, you miss it you knew to run.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty soon our Police will be carrying Laffy Taffy for their defense, Judges will be handing out Ice Cream cones, and our military's greatest deterrent will be Stink bombs purchased from novelty shops.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell I yell at the player in the TV screen telling them to take a lap, around the stadium.
Glad I won't live to see the day these pussy's take over everything

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fucking crazy. Even in baseball we'd run our asses off if you fucked up in any way, shape or form. This pussification shit is getting out of hand.

I coached Youth middle and high school football for over 40 years. I used to punish kids by making them do deep squats. I threatened to make parents do them if they interfered. I made one mother do a couple and told her that they worse than a spanking. She did two and agreed and told her son that she was going to make him do 25 every time he misbehaved. He's an honor student and a middle linebacker on his high school team. I don't know if she ever had to make him do any, but he still calls me 'coach'.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What don't you understand? It's Connecticut. This state has swung so far left that the pendulum is nearly at 11:30. All of the High Schools get a "Participant" trophy and they no longer have State Championships. They don't want anyone to feel less than anyone else. They don't keep scores at Varsity Athletics anymore.
Sad way to prepare kids for life.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a Junior in high school and I was bitching about having to practice in the rain. Coach told me to clam up. I did for about 15 minutes and then I started complaining again, with a bunch of other guys agreeing with me. It was a cold ass rain. Coach told me "It Is Not Raining!" and I told him "Come on, Coach, it's raining like pouring piss out of a boot". He told me to run to the railroad tracks because it looked sunny over there. We all hated that run. It was 3/4 of a mile away on a dirt road and he always put something down there before practices (a hat, a helmet, a jockstrap, something) that we had to bring back so he would know we had run all the way to the tracks. Years later everybody still laughs about our "trips to the railroad tracks". It never crossed our minds that were being "abused". Things have gotten ridiculous if running is "abuse".

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF

just pathetic.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty soon our Police will be carrying Laffy Taffy for their defense, Judges will be handing out Ice Cream cones, and our military's greatest deterrent will be Stink bombs purchased from novelty shops.
oie_METfS5NgVOAu_zps65f625a5.gif

Unless it's all banana flavored. Fuck the yellow Laffy Taffy. :tsk:

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have about 9 of my coaches under these pussy guidelines.