• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coach Carroll interview

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt many coaches would be in favor of this rule.

I think it is a good rule. It's time that the game makes players accountable. Fines clearly aren't getting it done.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno -- seems like we continue to add to the list of things players can get flagged for, so to me it makes less sense to kick them out for getting more flags.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno -- seems like we continue to add to the list of things players can get flagged for, so to me it makes less sense to kick them out for getting more flags.

Well we are talking about personal fouls here. You really don't see players get 2 personal fouls in a game all that frequently and when they do it's probably best for them to leave the game.

Odell Beckham probably wishes he was ejected rather than continue on and wind up getting suspended for the next week.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we are talking about personal fouls here. You really don't see players get 2 personal fouls in a game all that frequently and when they do it's probably best for them to leave the game.

Odell Beckham probably wishes he was ejected rather than continue on and wind up getting suspended for the next week.
Yeah, personal fouls. We are adding to that list too, right? Horse collar is a PF I believe, and now that penalty has been expanded to include the nameplate area on the jersey. Can you imagine if we are in the SB and Bennett gets a roughing the passer (a penalty which has also expanded in recent years) early in the game and then goes to tackle a ballcarrier later and grabs the facemask and is kicked out of the game? I just think it's a little harsh.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, personal fouls. We are adding to that list too, right? Horse collar is a PF I believe, and now that penalty has been expanded to include the nameplate area on the jersey. Can you imagine if we are in the SB and Bennett gets a roughing the passer (a penalty which has also expanded in recent years) early in the game and then goes to tackle a ballcarrier later and grabs the facemask and is kicked out of the game? I just think it's a little harsh.

I would probably like to see some sort of language in the rule in which the fouls are focused more on behavior than the run of play. But I think that is pretty fixable.

I am not one of those people that believe that the game needs to be super violent to be enjoyable. I would like to see some of the egregious stuff tamped down. It's not a good look.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all personal fouls, unsportsmanlike conduct PFs.

Per Peter King, this rule would not have gotten ODB ejected, because he was called for unnecessary roughness penalties, not unsportsmanlike conduct ones.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all personal fouls, unsportsmanlike conduct PFs.

Per Peter King, this rule would not have gotten ODB ejected, because he was called for unnecessary roughness penalties, not unsportsmanlike conduct ones.
Interesting. ODB's behavior was probably the worst I've seen on the field in a long, long time and certainly seemed on its own to be worthy of an ejection. If this rule proposal wouldn't even have kicked him out in that situation, I now wonder whether the juice is even worth the squeeze.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I"m hearing they passed the 2 unsportsmanlike conduct fouls and your out rule... So it was voted down and now passed ? WTF .... ?? This show's the influence Goodell has on these decisions... His stupid idea once again makes it...

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I"m hearing they passed the 2 unsportsmanlike conduct fouls and your out rule... So it was voted down and now passed ? WTF .... ?? This show's the influence Goodell has on these decisions... His stupid idea once again makes it...

I don't think it was voted on at all yesterday. They tabled it until today, when it passed.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it was voted on at all yesterday. They tabled it until today, when it passed.

I thought Pete said it was voted down ? Auto ejection, unless that's a different ruling...

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone on, I think, fieldgulls, posted a quote that had a good point about this rule... If an important, star player gets flagged for one of these penalties, the other team is going to spend the rest of the game "poking the bear" so to speak to try to get that player to retaliate and get himself kicked out. As we know, it's usually the guy retaliating for something that someone else did to him who ends up getting caught anyway and this just seems like it would increase the likelihood of someone trying to instigate something just to get the other guy to retaliate.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone on, I think, fieldgulls, posted a quote that had a good point about this rule... If an important, star player gets flagged for one of these penalties, the other team is going to spend the rest of the game "poking the bear" so to speak to try to get that player to retaliate and get himself kicked out. As we know, it's usually the guy retaliating for something that someone else did to him who ends up getting caught anyway and this just seems like it would increase the likelihood of someone trying to instigate something just to get the other guy to retaliate.

Exactly.... It has officially become a strategy now to auto eject a teams star... good point... Leave it to good old Roger Goodell to influence another stupid rule that wasn't necessary...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really too keen on it either... Next rule we'll see is players getting a personal foul for purposely antagonizing a guy with 1 PF with the intention of trying to entice him into his 2nd PF...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really too keen on it either... Next rule we'll see is players getting a personal foul for purposely antagonizing a guy with 1 PF with the intention of trying to entice him into his 2nd PF...

That's exactly what's gonna happen... Anything to win within the rules right ?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unsportsmanlike conduct is what gets you ejected. Last season the NFL averaged under 2 a game. Personal fouls are not part of this. You could have 10 Personal fouls and you wont get ejected. It's the unsportsmanlike conduct foul that will get you tossed.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definition of Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty: an illegal action in football where after a play is over, when the ball is not in play, a player may make inappropriate contact, gestures or say something inappropriate to an opposing player or official.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This happens in other sports all the time. Pro football players need to learn to be bigger than the one "poking the bear".
Besides we're talking about unsportsmanlike fouls not personal fouls. Things that are easily controlled. Players that taunt, like to throw cheap shots, delay of games... those are what will get them kicked out. They are easily controlled by most.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the worst coaches in the game

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2