• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clowney wants ATL to trade up and draft him

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My issue is his commitment to a club. It does red flag me when a coach comes out and questions his desire. This past week wasn't the first time we heard the head coach question Clowny and his efforts, ( his college coach) I don't think he bolts after 3 years in, but I also feel he's not gonna be more then a 3-5 sack kinda guy in his career, he'll use his speed, but his strength will be question cause he can't shed the OT off him in this league....

Honestly Idk what he'll be as a pro, but he projects better than a 5 or 6 sack guy based on his body of work to date in the best conference at the college level.

HC...I don't buy anything Spurrier has to say....after seeing what happened to his teammate Lattimore (lock 1st RB off the board to project)...I can't blame him or any other kid for trying to protect their payday while still contributing to their team...I feel the same way about NFL lame duck players going into FA...I don't like it, but I understand.

I wouldn't reach for Clowney if I were ATL, but I certainly would take him @ 6.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see us trading up to get him. Too many spots need attention in the draft to be losing any picks.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Falcons trading up for anyone. There are plenty of other DE's in the draft that are just as good as Clowney if not better. We'll take him if he's available when it's our turn to take the podium, maybe.

I don't either...idk if you heard Blank's season end presser, but he made it clear they need to fix the OL in front of his $100 mil investment. FA occurs before the draft now I think...this will be telling on how ATL goes about the pick @ 6....if they land Albert or another OT in FA, I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade up, but I don't expect it.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From this day forward no Seahawk fan should ever talk about Brandon Graham since "Fat Andy" traded up to take him instead of Earl Thomas.....:L It's still a sore spot in Philly...

Yeah, Graham will always have a special spot in my heart because of that!

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be ok. Guy has a chronic bone spur problem in his foot, and needs to get it cleaned up. Teams were doubling up all year, making our other guys make plays. You have to tackle a DE outright to get a holding call in the SEC. There's a lot of peeps who aren't judging the situation properly, imo. JD will be a better pro than college player.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care how fast he ran his 40, he's a d lineman. Quick first step, powerful, good hands, driven, mentality to beat and go thru the man in front of you etc, all important attributes. Fast 40 for his size? Great, it's running down running backs downfield, that's never a good sign.

Anyway I only watched him in one game, that was the bowl game. If they wouldn't have been mentioning how great of player is "going" to be in the NFL, i would never have singled him out for anything in that game. One game only, but I was far less than impressed.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Donald with his size and bench numbers running a 4.65 is extremely impressive to me for a future 4-3 DT or 3-4 DE.

If he fell to New England I would be angry if we didn't draft him.

It doesn't seem that likely, but I'm impressed.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care how fast he ran his 40, he's a d lineman. Quick first step, powerful, good hands, driven, mentality to beat and go thru the man in front of you etc, all important attributes. Fast 40 for his size? Great, it's running down running backs downfield, that's never a good sign.

Anyway I only watched him in one game, that was the bowl game. If they wouldn't have been mentioning how great of player is "going" to be in the NFL, i would never have singled him out for anything in that game. One game only, but I was far less than impressed.

idk about that...if he ran a 5.5 we would be killing him even as a DL guy.

I get your point thought...More than anything imo it shows he has come into the combine in shape and he's taking it serious after his conditioning was brought into question. I saw him several times and the TN game really stood out to me...he played a helluva game but his stat line sucked.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
40 speed plays a role in much more than just chasing guys down. Better measurable means better athlete.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
idk about that...if he ran a 5.5 we would be killing him even as a DL guy.

I get your point thought...More than anything imo it shows he has come into the combine in shape and he's taking it serious after his conditioning was brought into question. I saw him several times and the TN game really stood out to me...he played a helluva game but his stat line sucked.

If you've ever seen him play that speed is shown when he beats his blocker and tackles the runner going for the opposite hole behind the line of scrimmage. Clowney did that a lot at USC but went relatively under the radar because it wasn't a huge hit or a big loss but at the same time it was a big play.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it's worth, he only did 21 reps on the bench at the combine.

Yah, that is more than a small concern. But I think in game he is much stronger. You have to take in account how long his arms are for benching, much harder to do more reps.

I knew guys that were big and strong, but couldn't bench much because they have very long arms. Not an excuse.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But to grab at 6th? idk

I would not be surprised if Clowney is sitting there at 6th.... I think there is gonna be a serious push (trade ups) to get at these QB's and OT, those are the two to fixes for any team, and lets face it there 5 or 6 teams that need that upgrade at either position...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't his 40 time, it is more about 10 yd split or whatever was faster than most WR's in the last 5 years. The guy is big and strong regardless of his 21 reps. I'm not saying he will be an immediate impact, but he will be worth a top 5 pick in a couple years.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not be surprised if Clowney is sitting there at 6th.... I think there is gonna be a serious push (trade ups) to get at these QB's and OT, those are the two to fixes for any team, and lets face it there 5 or 6 teams that need that upgrade at either position...

I don't foresee much trading going on @ the top of the draft, but I agree there's a good chance Clowney is there @ 6 if STL doesn't take him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't his 40 time, it is more about 10 yd split or whatever was faster than most WR's in the last 5 years. The guy is big and strong regardless of his 21 reps. I'm not saying he will be an immediate impact, but he will be worth a top 5 pick in a couple years.

If he goes to ATL...he'll have a tough rookie year I think...reason? Being a young guy imo he's going to need the presence of a big time DT next to him (much like Aldon Smith has Justin Smith) to handle the heavy lifting.

ATL needs edge pressure, but the also need an impact DL inside.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My question was in regards to Donald, not Clowney.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he goes to ATL...he'll have a tough rookie year I think...reason? Being a young guy imo he's going to need the presence of a big time DT next to him (much like Aldon Smith has Justin Smith) to handle the heavy lifting.

ATL needs edge pressure, but the also need an impact DL inside.

True, at least he will have Osi on the other side

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, at least he will have Osi on the other side

I like Osi, and I think he might have a great year if a bigger presence is on the other side...ATL's interior DL guys were decent (especially Babs) but just don't have that dog you want from those interior guys.

I'm a Clowney guy...but I wouldn't trade up to get him...not with Mack or Barr there. imo ATL should have 3 potential starters @ 6/37/68 all total 4 picks within the top 100. If they were one player away from being a top flight DEF I probably would trade up.