• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clowney wants ATL to trade up and draft him

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clowney scares me. That kid has BUST written ALL OVER HIM

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clowney is a better version of the next Brandon Graham. This kid will bust. I assume I'll receive the same amount of hate I received when I called Dion Jordan an incoming bust.... but here it is again.

Murphy and Barr will be the best pass rushers out of this class. Murphy will hit elite status if he's drafted to play LEO. If a 4-3 team drafts him he's doomed.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you actually watch Clowney play rather than listen to ESPN's obvious pot-stirring media drama you'll realize he is a true beast who will succeed at the next level.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clowney is a better version of the next Brandon Graham. This kid will bust. I assume I'll receive the same amount of hate I received when I called Dion Jordan an incoming bust.... but here it is again.

Murphy and Barr will be the best pass rushers out of this class. Murphy will hit elite status if he's drafted to play LEO. If a 4-3 team drafts him he's doomed.
Dee Ford is actually the guy that fits the Brandon Graham mold. Fast riser based on a couple of dominating college performances but doesn't have the measurables to play at the next level.

Going full homer here but Ealy is a safer bet than Murphy or Barr. Ealy is an Michael Bennett kind of DE. Murphy is a motor guy that lacks explosiveness. I could see Murphy having a good career but I agree that he wouldn't last in a 4-3. Not a huge fan of Barr.

Clowney isn't safe but if he busts, its because of his work ethic. Honestly, I think he needs 'haters' at this stage. I could see him being dominant for about 4-5 years and then pulling a Haynesworth if he gets the wrong coach or the wrong team and is asked to play a position he doesn't want to play

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you actually watch Clowney play rather than listen to ESPN's obvious pot-stirring media drama you'll realize he is a true beast who will succeed at the next level.

Yess! And I hope we trade up for him!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't trade up for him because ATL has other big needs and top shelf players will be available to fill them @ 6 and 37. But, all the bust talk wouldn't scare me. The kid did what he needed to do to be ready for this draft...he's in good health and ready to cash in.

Spurrier has already cashed in many times over...I couldn't care less what he has to say about his effort...SCar is not send any checks to Lattimore when his stock fell due to injury.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From this day forward no Seahawk fan should ever talk about Brandon Graham since "Fat Andy" traded up to take him instead of Earl Thomas.....:L It's still a sore spot in Philly...

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd love to believe you but I'm just not sold. I see this guy not playing out his rookie contract.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to believe you but I'm just not sold. I see this guy not playing out his rookie contract.

I hear ya on not being sold, but that's bold. On what basis do you make that statement?

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dude was a beast whenever I saw him play. I'd want him.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is pretty impressive.

Last edited by a moderator:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No way man, every year the cool thing to do is to target the hottest prospect and declare him a total BUST. Clowney has bust written all over him because.......he just does. Ok?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya on not being sold, but that's bold. On what basis do you make that statement?

My issue is his commitment to a club. It does red flag me when a coach comes out and questions his desire. This past week wasn't the first time we heard the head coach question Clowny and his efforts, ( his college coach) I don't think he bolts after 3 years in, but I also feel he's not gonna be more then a 3-5 sack kinda guy in his career, he'll use his speed, but his strength will be question cause he can't shed the OT off him in this league....

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My issue is his commitment to a club. It does red flag me when a coach comes out and questions his desire. This past week wasn't the first time we heard the head coach question Clowny and his efforts, ( his college coach) I don't think he bolts after 3 years in, but I also feel he's not gonna be more then a 3-5 sack kinda guy in his career, he'll use his speed, but his strength will be question cause he can't shed the OT off him in this league....

While you may have questions on his desire between the ears, his physical abilities are so over the top, you have to draft him for those alone. If he busts because of his mental issues, then so be it, but if he doesn't how can you look back at someone who ends up like Reggie White or a Lawrence Taylor?

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Falcons trading up for anyone. There are plenty of other DE's in the draft that are just as good as Clowney if not better. We'll take him if he's available when it's our turn to take the podium, maybe.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While you may have questions on his desire between the ears, his physical abilities are so over the top, you have to draft him for those alone. If he busts because of his mental issues, then so be it, but if he doesn't how can you look back at someone who ends up like Reggie White or a Lawrence Taylor?

I understand the possible upswing this guy might have in talent, but the whole Martin thing in Miami might change minds of certain GM's now a days, of course its not fair to use that as an example and I'm not saying Clowney is gonna burn out like Martin but when you give a young man a lot of money you expect something in return....